• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 94-97 titles and summaries

Pokeani says something about Ayako's rival appearing in the contest episode. Her name is Yuri, and I think she hasn't seen her in 20 years, but I'm not sure.

They also say that Mars and Bunyat will appear in the Ginga-Dan episodes. I'm guessing that means Jupiter and Skutank will get their own episode later.

Well, that confirms it, then. Hopefully this Yuri at least brings a new Pokémon that isn't Glameow or Purugly... I'm sick of that line in Contests.

Zoey did not need to appear in Solaceon Town. Everything she told Dawn could have been done by Johanna or Kenny instead, or Dawn could have figured it out on her own. Zoey also did not need to appear in the trade episode, which ironically enough had a Kenny cameo.

Nando was also ignored completely during the Wallace Cup when even Soledad appeared.

At least we finally get to see Mars. I'm not counting out Cyrus or even Pluto as possibilities yet though.

Mars? Awesome. Out of all the Galactic commanders, she's by far my favorite. This'll look good, Cynthia and Galactic. I can only wish they'd introduce Cyrus, who is my favorite boss right now (after Giovanni).

Ash and Dawn alone helping Pachirisu? This one will be interesting. Add to the mix that Fantina's around for the contests, so I don't know if the contest'll be that bad with so many high-profile people around.

I'm pretty happy we're seeing a character connected to Dawn's mother in Contests.

You know despite winning a Grand Festival, the writers never really went into much depth with Dawn's mother at all. She had no backstory, the writers never focused on her, and all she kinda does is the same thing Zoey does, scold Dawn through the phone, or whenever she sees her.

I think it would be great to find out what her mother was like in the past, because otherwise making her into a contest master but not giving her any depth at all is pointless. Isn't her Mom what inspired Dawn to be a coordinator in the first place?

Wow these episodes sound awesome! Like...epicsodes. Haha. I'm really excited for Team Galactic's appearance, along with Cynthia. I'm glad they're finally showing Mars! :)

The contest sounds like there'll be a lot going on to fit into one episode. Another loss, anyone?

Yah TG appear, this should be fun. Dawn/Ash taking care of every thing without Brock, that should be nice. Ask for the new contest, hopefully Pipulp will be left out this time.

Dawn doesn't have many more opportunities for ribbons. Ash still has 4 gym battles and Dawn still needs 3 ribbons. So that means she only has one more opportunity to lose and still make it to the GF!

There's also the possibility that Dawn might just sit out and watch this contest instead of competing. Didn't Zoey tell her in a previous ep that she should just be a spectator in some contests and not compete in them all?

^ I doubt she went all the way to Celestic just to be a spectator. However , she may do that in the future.

...I sense a crowning moment of awesome. :D

You know, whenever I hear about Team Galactic (or Hunter J) episodes I always wonder what Team Rocket's going to be doing. It'll be interesting to see how they view Mars.

Last edited:
TG and Cynthia FTW! ^^ this sounds like it's going to be an awesome couple of episodes. Can't wait for them.

The Contest sounds interesting too, though I agree that it's a lot for just one episode. It's probably going to be rushed like hell, and with any luck that damned penguin won't show up. If she's participating in it, I'd like to see her use Swinub and Ambipom in this one -- Pachirisu just annoys me. Swinub, on the other hand, is just plain adorable, and Ambipom's got some great moves and should really help her out in the battling portion. What I'd like to see happen, though, is Dawn not participating, but the final match coming down to Johanna vs. Fantina. It would give a reason for Dawn traveling all that way without participating (she went to see her mom in a contest and cheer her on) and let her observe two Contest Masters at work.

Dawn and Ash taking care of everyone while Brock's away? Eh...too shippy. Sounds like a barrel of laughs, given Dawn's complete incompetence in every way, shape, and form (can you tell I don't really like her all that much?), but it still carries a few too many shipping undertones. Still, I'm looking forward to these!

You know despite winning a Grand Festival, the writers never really went into much depth with Dawn's mother at all. She had no backstory, the writers never focused on her, and all she kinda does is the same thing Zoey does, scold Dawn through the phone, or whenever she sees her.

Well she's different than Delia. She didn't use to scold like that to Ash, did she? Backstory or not, I think she's fine. What worries me is what Dawn will do. Once she gets rid of that pretense that she'll be as great as her mom with "no worries", she'll understand and we'll see development with her character.

We haven't seen Hunter J in a while, have we? What if they added her into this episode. Nah, that'll be too much mayhem...

Emerald_Dragonite said:
given Dawn's complete incompetence in every way, shape, and form (can you tell I don't really like her all that much?)

Er...care to explain?

It sounds like Ayako is telling Hikari the story of when she was young and had a rival over the phone. Nothing else on that page sounds new.

Er...care to explain?

She just really annoys me; she's such a ditz, seeming like she's focused more on her looks than her training, and that Piplup of hers...as for my statements about her incompetence -- let's face it, she would not have made it on her own as a trainer without Ash and Brock. Everything about her simply rubs me the wrong way.

Well, Emerald_Dragonite, she is a girl. But I agree with you that she does pay too much attention to what she wants, and be like what her mom was and the fame she received. However with Ash and Brock (mainly Ash and Zoey) she sees what she needs to do to be a successful coordinator. I don't think if she went alone she'd have the same results, but in fact, be in a much harder and difficult position than she was in after she lost at Solaceon. If Dawn was like Zoey at the beginning, and could take care of herself and her Pokemon well, then she wouldn't need Ash and Brock for company, and go out her own way.

NoodleChefKyle said:
I just know she'll kick TONS of ass in the anime!

I hope so. I can't wait.

Some more info from Pokemon Fan magazine vis Sushi @ SPP:

Sushi said:
I think this is the most appropriate place to post this, so...Someone over at PokeAni was kind enough to take pictures of the magazine “Pokémon Fan”:

http://imagepot.net/image/122119741498.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119741609.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119741730.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119752894.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119752997.jpg

The info contained is...
DP095: I’m not 100% sure on this, but I think Yuri’s Delcatty knows Substitute. Also, like Paris from DP086 (Hearthome Collection), Yuri is a Pokémon Stylist.
DP096/097: Seeing how they are featured in the scan, it’s likely that all Galactic Admins plus Cyrus will appear. In addition to that, Cynthia’s grandmother, Professor Karashina (don’t know whether she has a name in the games) also makes an appearance.
DP098 (?): In an episode taking place in Solaceon Town, the group reunites with Aoi at her parents’ Daycare Center. The group hears of a rumor about a “monster with a scarf” roaming around Solaceon. It turns out to be a Lickylicky.

I can't remember... have we actually ever seen Substitute in the anime before?
96/97 will definitely make Maxim happy, with Cynthia's Grandmother in it.
So Aoi's parents run a daycare; I wasn't expecting to see her again, so that's an interesting twist.

Wow, they're bringing Aoi back already?

It feels like the school arc just ended!

I think they skipped the Daycare Center in the first Solaceon episodes because of this. Also because it'd be too much going on at Solaceon if they included this before.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom