• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • AussieEevee trains in the Bellsprout Tower on his journey through Johto. Watch as he ascends to the next level here.

DP 98 Title

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Just saw on Pokeani that [bp=DP098]浮かぶ未確認怪物!? The Unidentified Floating Monster!?[/bp] will air on October 16.

Reaction score
Might as well bring Sushi's translations here too:

Sushi said:
DP098 (?): In an episode taking place in Solaceon Town, the group reunites with Aoi at her parents’ Daycare Center. The group hears of a rumor about a “monster with a scarf” roaming around Solaceon. It turns out to be a Lickylicky.
The biggest shock about this ep is Aoi returning! I honestly didn't think we'd ever see her again, and the summer school arc feels like it just ended.

Its really surprising that all these characters keep coming back, I think the D/P series has more recurring characters than any other saga.

Reaction score
I totally saw Aoi returning. I knew that after Kannagi Town, they'd return to Zui Town. Excellent. My prediction came true!

My reason for predicting this? Kannagi Town ---> Route 210 ---> Zui Town.

A black and white world
Reaction score
I know it's far too much to hope for, but there was a Lickilicky with a *sash* in the tenth movie...

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
WHAT? Returning to Zui? I wanted them to go a different way and stop in Tatara Ironworks. Well, prepare for another age of fillers. I'm so upset. We won't see Tatara...

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
hopefully the gym battle is in the next 1-2 episodes. can't stand more fillers--

XY
Reaction score
WHAT? Returning to Zui? I wanted them to go a different way and stop in Tatara Ironworks. Well, prepare for another age of fillers. I'm so upset. We won't see Tatara...
THAT is all you have to say? I thought you'd like that we get Galactic 2 parter that includes Cynthia and her grandmother and also possibly Saturn/Jupiter/Mars/Cyrus all together

I don't know what "age of fillers" do you see... we just got Fantina episode and now going to have Contest+Galactic+Aoi all in a row! (at least to me episodes that include recurring characters like Aoi aren't "fillers")

I also thought you'd like that they show the day care center from the games since it looks like you want any little detail from the games to be in the anime

I'll also never understand what so bad with "fillers" since a lot of them are so much better than plot episodes
Watch an episode before you decide if you like it or not - and if you like than who cares if it's a "filler"?

where were we?
Reaction score
Even though I only joined not too long ago, I'm already getting the vibe that this Maxim guy complains a lot? D:

Who says we won't see Fuego Ironworks ever in the anime though? We probably could, just...not right now. Anyways, it's awesome that Aoi's returning now! Lickilicky is a cool Pokemon, at least I think so, so I can't wait to see it.

PDL

Not into Ponies I swear!
Reaction score
Even though I only joined not too long ago, I'm already getting the vibe that this Maxim guy complains a lot? D:
Yeah, he's a gigantic nag, don't take him too seriously.

It's kinda weird to debut Lickilicky in this fashion, but I can't think of a better way.

Pokémon Warlord
Reaction score
Aoi returning is quite a surprise, especially so soon after the summer school arc. It will be nice to see her again.

Lickylicky's debut in the series sounds like it will be very funny. It will probably turn out that it belongs to some random trainer since it has a scarf.

A black and white world
Reaction score
I saw a picture of the Lickilicky. It doesn't look like a scarf at all. Someone on Pokemopolis said it looked like an inner tube, and I'm inclined to agree.

Reaction score
I'll also never understand what so bad with "fillers" since a lot of them are so much better than plot episodes Watch an episode before you decide if you like it or not - and if you like than who cares if it's a "filler"?
I don't understand how anyone can complain about fillers now either. The D/P series has very few pure fillers, almost every episode is connected to another in some way.

You go back and look at something like Johto, where it was like 90% filler between Ash's Gyms, and compare it to something like Sinnoh, and you realize how good we have it now.

If anyone is complaining about filler NOW, I have no idea how some of you managed to survive the Johto saga, where literally 90% of its episodes were filler.

Reaction score
Who cares about the Fuego Ironworks anyway? It'll just be some useless filler, nothing interesting there. Now I don't know if the Lost Tower was worth skipping.

yandere=awesome
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can complain about fillers now either. The D/P series has very few pure fillers, almost every episode is connected to another in some way.

You go back and look at something like Johto, where it was like 90% filler between Ash's Gyms, and compare it to something like Sinnoh, and you realize how good we have it now.
though, while it is true that a fair amount of Jouto could be completely removed with absolutely no inconsistency errors (and if there were any, they can't be any worse than Kojirou's Utsubot that came completely out of nowhere), plot-relevance does not necessarily make or break an episode. As we have seen, there're several "pointless" episodes (the commonly-accepted definition of "filler") that're in good ole' fashion fun, while we've seen a shitload of Gym battles, Contests, capture episodes, evolution episodes, attack-learning episodes, maybe even characterization episodes that just sucked balls (case in point: Satoshi's rather low-tension and horribly animated battle against Maxim recently).

If anyone is complaining about filler NOW, I have no idea how some of you managed to survive the Johto saga, where literally 90% of its episodes were filler.
they likely didn't. As the low ratings show, several people pretty much gave up on Pokemon during the Jouto saga, only to come back later when Ruby/Sapphire revived the franchise.

Clap Clap
Reaction score
I saw a picture of the Lickilicky. It doesn't look like a scarf at all. Someone on Pokemopolis said it looked like an inner tube, and I'm inclined to agree.
Considering the episode is called "The Unidentified Floating Monster!?" I'm inclined to agree as well.

Reaction score
I have to admit. I wasn't expecting aoi to appear to appear so soon after the summer-school saga.