• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP and what beyond?

But did FR/LG do any changes to Kanto?

Really, Am I only one who doesn't complain?

Making plotline changes, such as rebuilding destroyed town in less than one year don't make sense at any bit. They aren't necessary to do a good remake or "upgrade" to Generation IV (Breeding was neccessary to upgrade, Rebuilt Cinnabar is not).

Kanto is lessened because Nintendo wanted to focus on Johto. And they will ALSO focus on Johto in their remake, if they make one.

Yeah, Probably.

I also think they did it because they ran out of space. Gameboy color carts were small (we're talking about kilobytes here! Not gigs, not megs) and Pokemon GS was pretty much the largest game on the system.

Otherwise it wouldn't have felt like those story elements were: Oh yeah and we closed the Safari zone, and oh yeah, Cinnabar blew up.

However, in alls fairness, Fire Red and Leaf Green did change Kanto with the Sevii Islands. (Also where Blane probably could relocate in a remake). They even changed Johto wit Crystal, Changed Kanto in Yellow, and changed Hoenn in Emerald. Gamefreak seems to highly consider what is fun over any story (They also seem to assume fans will generally make their own time line given a few points to start from).

I actually thought that they should have re-done the cries of 1st and 2nd gen Pokes for DP. You can really tell the difference between the older gens, especially thouse who got new evos. They went from screechy to clear.

I don't know how they'd do it. I know what you mean, but the sounds they make are kind of signature in their own right. I don't think they can change them unless they go with voices, or want to make them sound completely different.

Otherwise it wouldn't have felt like those story elements were: Oh yeah and we closed the Safari zone, and oh yeah, Cinnabar blew up.

Don't forget the Pokemon Tower being removed, Viridian Forest being cut down, and the actual size of every area being shrunken via magic without explanation.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom