• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP in US in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Gamespot said, and this is all over forums now with people AUTOMATICALLY BELIEVING IT!

Does this have any shred of proof, or is this as fake as Al Kahn declaring to be PokeJesus?

It was in a thread on Serebii, but it's down, but I will try and get it soon.

Mostly likely just a typo, since FFIII is coming out in November.

As you can see, the last line is ambigious.

I think it's talking about FF, but everyone else thinks it means DP.

It's talking about FFIII. Nintendo of America hasn't announced D/P, it isn't scheduled for release AT ALL this year.

Seriously, one article on Gamespot does not a fact make.

Ok, who posted this on Bulbanews?

We don't need to further the rumour.

No, but we do need to explain the news. Admittedly the headline doesn't give an accurate picture, but there's only so much you can sequeeze into a short title.

I don't believe this "news" for a second. It doesn't make good (any) business sense for Nintendo to release Mystery Dungeon in September, Ranger at the END of October, and then D/P only two weeks later in mid-November. I do believe this is just a very poorly written article. :drowsy:

If it was only Gamespot, that'd be one thing. But it's not.

IGN has also shifted their projected DP release date from TBA 2007 to TBA 2006.

(For that matter, GameSpy also state TBA 2006 for release, though it's not clear whether they mean japan or US)

It is quite possible that a mix-up occured somewhere, or that they saw the gamespot article and edited accordingly. But with both IGN and Gamespot reporting 2006 in the space of a few hours, it certainly warrants posting an "unconfirmed" story on Pedia.

Last edited:
I don't believe this "news" for a second. It doesn't make good (any) business sense for Nintendo to release Mystery Dungeon in September, Ranger at the END of October, and then D/P only two weeks later in mid-November. I do believe this is just a very poorly written article.

Not to mention you don't just release a game with less than a month of advertisements and announcements. That'd be the worst marketing job ever.

Well, Wii's coming out in mid-November, too, and I haven't seen any commercials of it yet. Granted, I never watch much TV, but I think Nintendo knows that there's a lot of hype and might figure, why bother advertising if we get it free on the internet?

Plus, we can always hope. People have thought Nintendo was crazy before.

But I don't really mind when it's released, so long as I can get it.

Not to mention you don't just release a game with less than a month of advertisements and announcements. That'd be the worst marketing job ever.

Assuming mid to late november, they still have at least two weeks before it's "less than a month".

Besides which, you don't want to start the advertising TOO early either, else the impact of the ad campaign will be all but gone by the time the game is out.

I'm not saying this is true. What I'm saying is, though it's unlikely, the possibility that this is real should not be thrown out entirely.

Last edited:
If it is released, I just hope they give me enough time to pre-order it. :p

They probably would of started pre-orders if it was true.................

yeah well what happened with ffxii? omg EVERYONE WAITED LIKE SO LONG FOR IT AND IT STILL DIDn't RELEASE!!! first they say Christmas. then March. and now November? Hopefully it is COMFIRMED this time.

It will either be November or February. Trust me. Assuming there's no delays, that is....

(February was confirmed, but I HOPE they changed it to November).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom