• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP Series Characters' Dub Name Prediction Thread

Maxim Posthumus

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Well, bet what dub names will the future characters have.
We already know Dawn's, Paul's and Nando's name.
But what about Nozomi, Momoan and Filler Characters?
Post your predictions here. Here are my predictions:

Nozomi = Hope
Momoan = Jilian
Yuuzou (DP1) = Logan
Torami (DP2) = Trini
Yukino (DP5) = Ophelia
Minae (DP8) = Janae
Isana (DP8) = Isolde
Teruhiko (DP10) = Terence
Yukari (DP13) = Imani
Iwao (DP15) = Pete
Genzou (DP16) = George
J (DP20) = Gofigure!
Maria (DP20) = Maria
Hatsune (DP21) = Jaime
Otone (DP21) = Kynalla
Amano (DP24) = Aimee
Tamami (DP24) = Tanya
Tsubomi (DP25) = Dewie

Do you like them?

Before Nozomi's Japanese name was revealed, I wanted it to be Tayla/Taylor.

I also want Momoan to be Miriam.

I think Nozomi could be Moira (both names mean "wish")

In what language? Moira is a strange name, sounds like Portuguese surname. I HOPE not.

If they will want to translate the name literally, Nozomi will be Hope. And I think that that name matches her.

I also believe that Kengo's dub name will be Linus.

Torami's name revealed. Katrina? Koltrina? Not sure. It's not Trini as I thought.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom