• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP022 revealed

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
From NT March:

DP022: パチリスVSエイパム!コンテストバトル!! Pachirisu VS Eipam(Aipom)! Contest Battle!!; airs on March 8, as PART OF a 1-hour special.

Summary: Ash & co. decide to go to some village to attend the Pokemon Contest there. Hikari plans to use her new Pachirisu to challenge the contest. However on their way to the village Aipom falls off the cliff while playing around and then is saved by Jessie of TR!

I also tried the other summaries:

DP020:
A mysterious woman appears in front of Ash & co. She is one of the evil Pokemon hunters who robs Pokemon from trainers, and Ash's Pikachu is seized by the hunter. In order to get Pikachu back, Ash & Co manage to forge an alliance with TR whose Meowth was seized too.

DP021:
Ash & Co. arrives at Kotobuki City again (yes, it says so) and is interviewed by some reporter. Ash is told the existence of the B-Button Alliance, which is a group of trainers who don't evolve their Pokemon while breeding them. They aim at ultimate strength and beauty, and it is said that their leader owns the strongest Magikarp and the most beautiful Feebas.

Last edited:
Looking forward to 22 and it seems it's only ten episodes away from episode 12 when the first contest took place.

She is one of the evil Pokemon hunters who robs Pokemon from trainers
TEAM GALATIC???

and...Jessie using Aipom?

LOL, B-Button alliance!

Btw, I made a topic already. XD

another thing that is nice about 22 that it airs right before the first eppy of D/P airs in the USA. Which i hope airs on the 10th.

Sounds very interesting, huh.

B-Button? I wonder how they press the button in anime...

Wow. Aipom in another contest already? And used by Jessie? It is so going to be Hikari's by the end of the saga.

Meowth being stolen sounds interesting. There will probably be some KrazyShipping there too.

I wonder if we'll see an evolution cancelled in DP21.

But the Team Rocket stuff in these episodes sounds the most interesting.

Aipom? Jessie? Contest? DP is just one mad surprise after the other.

Another surprise that DP022 has [bp=Category:Episodes animated by Yūsaku Takeda]Yūsaku Takeda[/bp] in charge of the animation, making this his first episode since the [bp=AG159]Orienteering episode[/bp] back in mid-Battle Frontier. It's also the first time since late 2005 that we've had more than three episodes straight without [bp=Category:Episodes animated by Izumi Shimura]Izumi Shimura[/bp] as animation director.

BTW, the animation directors for episodes 20 and 21 are [bp=Category:Episodes animated by Hiromi Funatsu]Hiromi Funatsu[/bp] and [bp=Category:Episodes animated by Masaaki Iwane]Masaaki Iwane[/bp], respectively.

As for writers, DP020 was written by [bp=Category:Episodes written by Shōji Yonemura]Shōji Yonemura[/bp], DP021 was written by [bp=Category:Episodes written by Yukiyoshi Ōhashi]Yukiyoshi Ōhashi[/bp], and DP022 was written by [bp=Category:Episodes written by Junki Takegami]Junki Takegami[/bp].

Oh my.

Please don't tell me we're going to see the Magikarp/Feebas trainers pressing the "B-button" on their Pokedex to stop them from evolving. This will really screw up everything the anime has taught us after all these 9 years. I find it hilarious though, wonder if Ash has done this? :p

Damn, I figured Pachirisu would be in a Contest. I think its sad that Hikari isn't going to win a Contest with her first two Pokemon. They deserve it more than Pachirisu.

No Team Galaxy, seems like a given, right?

Jessie using Aipom? Good, now get that thing the hell off of Ash's team and give it to Hikari.

Please don't tell me we're going to see the Magikarp/Feebas trainers pressing the "B-button" on their Pokedex to stop them from evolving. This will really screw up everything the anime has taught us after all these 9 years. I find it hilarious though, wonder if Ash has done this? :p
Maybe the in-universe explanation is that they wear buttons with the letter B.

Pokémon Special has an evolution cancel button on the Pokédex. I don't recall the anime covering the subject before...
Damn, I figured Pachirisu would be in a Contest. I think its sad that Hikari isn't going to win a Contest with her first two Pokemon. They deserve it more than Pachirisu.
Of course she will. She still has another four ribbons to get after this one.

Of course she will. She still has another four ribbons to get after this one.

Yeah, but since this will most likely be her first ribbon win, I think it would have been better off to see Pochama or Mimirol get it, since they tried so hard in their first Contest.

Pachirisu seems to be outstaging them already, and its only been caught for twoish episodes by then. I hope this isn't a sign that Pachirisu's "Pika" status will make it overshadow Pochama in the future.

Cancelling evolution? Maybe a button isn't needed, just willpower. Wasn't Bulbasaur about to evolve into Ivysaur in Kanto before it stopped itself? As I recall, the bulb was starting to glow.

I hope we don't get some ethical subplot about forced-non evolution. ^.^

I just want them to push a big ol' red button!

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom