• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP030: Hakutai Forest! The Minomutchi Evolution Plan!!

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Japanese: ハクタイの森!ミノムッチ進化作戦!!
[bp=DP030]Bulbapedia article[/bp]

[bp=Ash Ketchum]Satoshi[/bp] and friends arrive in [bp=Eterna Forest]Hakutai Forest[/bp], where they meet [bp=Cheryl]Momi[/bp], who is searching for "terribly sweet honey" found deep in the forest in order to catch a [bp=Burmy (Pokémon)]Minomucchi[/bp].

This episode will air April 19, 2007 on TV Tokyo.

"terribly sweet honey"

You mean 00ber-sweet honey?

However, I wonder what will be Momi's design like. But I bet she will look the same as in the Sugimori Artwork. Anime Producers don't mess with game-taken characters designs since Kanto.

Cheryl!!!1

Habu posted these on Serebii earlier this morning

1176375433820c6f8.jpg

1176375446772750c.jpg

I don't like her looks to be honest.

I don't like her looks to be honest.

That is, at least partly, because they got their worst animation director ([bp=Category:Episodes animated by Kazue Kinoshita]Kazue Kinoshita[/bp]) in charge of this episode. That's why I'm hoping she also appears in the next two episodes, both of which will have much better animation.

Although, I also think Sugimori-sensei's old pre-RS style worked much better for adult female characters' faces than his current style does.

I think she looks fine. In fact, if she lost the weird ponytail, she'd be on my list of the better-looking female characters on the show (actually she is anyway, but that'd make her higher). At least they captured her look well enough from the Sugimori art.

Look at her... isn't her facial structure rather similar to Soledad's?

011.jpg
1176375446772750c.jpg

She's hawt.
*drools*
Doesn't she have a Chansey?
Jolly good, more chances to see Chansey kick butt.

She's hawt.....and MINE. Back off or I will roll over you with a tank.

I <3 Momi's looks in this. Her hair just bugs me. It's such a bright green compared to her Sugi art.

...That... fantasy...

(dies)

They just keep making them worse, don't they?

This episode is one of those filler episodes where they introduce a new Pokemon, Minomucchi in this case. Letting it battle to get it evolved was like looking the Paras episode all over again, only this time around there was no disobedient fire-type around to KO the Pokemon.
Ash once told Max that Pokemon should gain experience by fair battle, not by letting it win on purpose. Yet, he seems to have forgotten about that in this episode and have Pikachu act as if it lost.
I would give this episode a 6/10, barely though. Next episode looks more promissing: Naetoru vs Naetoru

Yet, he seems to have forgotten about that in this episode and have Pikachu act as if it lost.
Meh, Ash always forgets the tiniest details.

Almost done, full thoughts coming later.

EDIT : Guess that disappearance of media-res was short-lived, since this episode had it as well.

Last edited:
Oh god... Momi's voice actress is [wp]Maria Kawamura[/wp]. I would die if she did [wp=Naga the Serpent]the laugh[/wp]...

Oh god... Momi's voice actress is [wp]Maria Kawamura[/wp]. I would die if she did [wp=Naga the Serpent]the laugh[/wp]...

Let´s hope that Momi has an arguement with Musashi within the next 2 episodes ;)

I didn't even realize that! If they had Kawamura and Hayashibara in the same recording studio and didn't do some sort of reference... Shame on them!

It was odd enough for me to hear Shin'ichirou Miki and Mayumi Iizuka as guest characters in Slayers Excellent...

For those who don't know what we're talking about, in the Slayers movies and OVAs Megumi Hayashibara and Maria Kawamura were the voices of the two main characters, Lina Inverse and Naga the Serpent (see attachment; Lina is the short one).

Last edited:
Ahaha, poor Greggle being all ready to stab Brock and then he doesn't get to do so XD

For a Kinoshita episode, this was rather good art-wise. I'm amazed.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom