• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP033/EP500 title revealed

It's not even universally agreed that this is episode 500 (Serebii.net and Pokeani both count this episode as [HASHTAG]#501[/HASHTAG]) so I wouldn't bet on anything special happening, at least not for that reason.

The love is Paul and Marley.

shinjikg8.jpg
maidp9.jpg

It cannot be denied.

It's not even universally agreed that this is episode 500 (Serebii.net and Pokeani both count this episode as #501) so I wouldn't bet on anything special happening, at least not for that reason.

Is this because of the Barboach episode?

Is this because of the Barboach episode?
In Serebii's case, yes. Pokeani, however, leaves out the Barboach episode but counts Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!! as two episodes instead of one.

Actually, Pokeani has two running total counts, 通算話数a which counts the two winter specials and the clip show, and 通算話数b. In the case of the Bulbapedia count and 通算話数b DP035 is the 500th episode.

Nasty business, this episode numbering.

I suppose we should adhere to Bulbapedia's count... My bad.

So... who is counting DP033 as 500 then, if neither SPP nor Pokeani nor Bulbapedia is? [HASHTAG]#pocketmonsters[/HASHTAG]?

*reads the title*

Woah! Pokemon Transformation!?

Did I read that right? O_O

Yay! I sure hope this is the type of transformation that I'm expecting, for I would love to see Ashachu again in the anime! :)

Turning into Pokemon?

ASHACHU!
OMG!

Yes, yes, YES! :-D

*gets down on her knees and prays*

Please writers, allow Ashachu to return.

Anyway though, I was hoping that Japanese word in the title would refer to the type of transformation found in "Hocus Pokemon". But it appears that's not the case. Oh well. ^^o

Hmm, maybe if there's still a schance that in this episode, Ash turns into a Pikachu again (yeah I know, highly unlikely), then I wonder if he would be transformed in a different way? Accidentally perhaps, or willingly? XD

The title, Pokemon Transformation Convention, seems to suggest that maybe more than one person gets transformed (that is, if this is actually an episode about anyone getting turned into a Pokemon). Or maybe the Transformation Conention refers to Ash telling a character-of-the-day about his experience as a Pikachu (but he may or may not become a Pikachu again). I'd be VERY interested in an episode with that storyline as well. ^______^

Then again, it's very likely that this could be an episode about the characters, Ash, Brock, and Dawn, dressing up in Pokemon cosplay outfits. If that's the case, then I predict that Ash will dress up as a Pikachu, lol. XD

Of course, if this turns out to be a Pokemon cosplay episode, I will be slightly dissappointed considering the word "transformation" was used in the title and everything.

Yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with transformations. Can you tell? XD

Anyway, I can't wait until we find out more about this episode! I'm completely in suspense here!

Also, you can bet that if this really is an Ashachu episode, I'm going to go nuts over it. XD

Last edited:
It's actually SUKI as the word is in Katakana. I know that doesn't change the meaning, but there must be a reason for why they emphasize it.

Not really. Emphasising words by spelling them in katakana is done all the time for no real reason. In this case, the first part of the title is pretty much just "It's LOOVE!! <3<3<3" or something like that.

And yes, "transformation" here is about cosplaying. There won't be any actual, magical transformations into pokemon like back in Johto.

Yeah, I guess not......

I pretty much figured that out already by everyone else's posts.

But thanks anyway, Adamant. ^_^

*sighs*

I'm way too obsessed with that Johto episode and it shows. XD

But I still wish the writers hadn't got my hopes up, by putting "transformation" in the title. Darn, I was so close. ^^o

Anyway, I find it funny how the Japanese would refer to cosplaying as a type of "transformation". You'd think they'd just use the term cosplay, or whatever the Japanese word is for cosplay. LOL. XD

And by the way, I'd like to see Nicolai reappear as well. That would be really cool!!

I mean, afterall, he does like to dress up as different Pokemon, so seeing him appear in an episode like this would be great and it would go along with the episode well. :)

Last edited:
Actually, Pokeani has two running total counts, 通算話数a which counts the two winter specials and the clip show, and 通算話数b. In the case of the Bulbapedia count and 通算話数b DP035 is the 500th episode.

Nasty business, this episode numbering.

Let's count the US official numbering (yeah, PRaDC are TWO episodes). DP5 is 468, so DP37 would be 500th ep in US/whole civilised world (ignore BatB). So add this and Ice Cave - we have DP35. (so 33 if we add Porygon and Barboach, or Porygon and Clip Show... if we count all 3 then we get DP32 xD)

Ew.

But I still wish the writers hadn't got my hopes up, by putting "transformation" in the title. Darn, I was so close. ^^o

Well, they used "narikiri", which is different from "henshin", the more common anime term for that type of transformation. Narikiri is more like roleplaying, really, and the pokemon move called "Role Play" in english is indeed called "narikiri" in the japanese original.

You'd think they'd just use the term cosplay, or whatever the Japanese word is for cosplay. LOL. XD

The word "cosplay" does originate from japanese, yeah. As for why they didn't use it, uh.. Narikiri involves playing a role, while cosplay is usually just dressing up, I guess. The type of role playing done via message board RPGs is also called narikiri, so costumes aren't nessecary either... do we know for a fact there will be costumes in this episode, or was it just assumed?

Dude, are we gonna see a Cosplay battle like in the Zangoose episode then?

So... who is counting DP033 as 500 then, if neither SPP nor Pokeani nor Bulbapedia is? #pocketmonsters?

I am positive either somebody told me or I read somewhere fairly credible that DP033 would be 500. I didn't just pull it out of my ass.

What a pain.

Yes, by my numbering (which is the one used on PM atm), it was 500, though feel free to number as you please. I have modified it a bit now, making it 501, to count Deoxys as 2 episodes as I had intended in the first place, heck, the database had it as Deoxys Part 1, with no entry for part 2.... To summarize the ep numbering:

IL 18, 35, and 38 (Holiday at Aopulco, Legend of Miniryu, Electric Soldier Porygon), the first having aired in the US in an edited form and later on skipped, the second banned in all countries other than Japan, the third, banned in all countries after its official airing, are counted.

The winter specials, IL 65 and 66 (Rougela's Christmas, Bivouac by Iwaku) aired normally in the US, and other countries, are counted at the mentioned numbers.

MQ 41 (Ice Cave), skipped in all countries other than Japan, is counted.

AG 101 (The Battle of the Shaking Island! Dojoach VS Namazun!!), skipped in both the US and Japan but with an existing preview, is counted.

AG 121, the clip ep, is still counted as a JP Spec rather than a full episode, though I have been considering changing this...

AG 171 (Deoxys Crisis) was counted as one episode, though I don't know why, as I always count double eps, especially ones that have been later aired separately as 2 episodes. This is now fixed, though it may change the numbering once again... Meh... It does however only have one title screen.

Those are, as far as I can think of, the main points of contention, among the episode list followed by the database.

My own math in my column was off, I see.

274 original series episodes + 191 AG episodes + 35 DP episodes = 500

IL 18, 35, and 38 (Holiday at Aopulco, Legend of Miniryu, Electric Soldier Porygon), the first having aired in the US in an edited form and later on skipped, the second banned in all countries other than Japan, the third, banned in all countries after its official airing, are counted.

"Banned" isn't really the right word for the Miniryu, Aopulco and Ice Cave episodes - they were simply skipped by 4Kids, and since 4Kids are the company that distributes the series to every other country, the foreign dubbers never even got a choice whether they wanted these episodes or not (and they probably didn't even know of their existance anyway). The Shaking Island episode is more banned than these, given that it was never even offered to 4Kids in the first place, nor has it ever been aired anywhere.

Cosplaying?

Could it be? The cast of Pokemon Battle Revolution?

MARIN<3<3<3<3

If they put Marin in this episode, they would WIN a million times over.
Not that they will, but we can always hope...

(After all, Marin is a cosplayer...and she's love<3!)

I doubt we'll see Nicolai or Harley, though.

Someone at SPPf mentioned Duplica, but I doubt that she'll appear either.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom