• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP037: Hakutai Gym! VS Natane!!

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Japanese: ハクタイジム!VSナタネ!!
[bp=DP037]Bulbapedia article[/bp]

This episode will air June 7, 2007 on TV Tokyo.

Since the group leaves Eterna city after this, we probably know Ash wins.

He already lost to Natane once, thank god he's not going to lose to her a second time. Please, writers, after this can we have Ash get out of his losing streak and actually win battles like he did in AG? There's really no reason he has to keep losing to every single new Brain/Gym leader he faces, so hopefully he beats the next few on his first try.

Why wouldn't she have Roserade? She had it in the games...

And Scott, most people like it when Ash loses because that means that the Gym leader isn't seen once and then never again.

That's...not Iwane.

Oh damnit, why did they have to switch to Shimura? ._. *pissed to no end*

Uh, glad Pika isn't fighting. Glad Roserade has some really neat looking attacks. Glad that Aipom seems to be getting much spotlight after her hiatus post DP ...022 or something.

*still pissed*

Yeah, the animation looks not as good.

And I guess Aipom will take this, not Mukkubird (he BETTER win against someone).

I hope then, that means he'll take down Lucario in the next gym. :)

Sticking to the games has also led to the oddity of Maylene's Lucario after all the hype it got in Movie 8, but I digress.

I'm liking this if for nothing other than Gardenia and Roserade, but I would've liked to see Cherrim too.

Since Iwane's not doing this one DDDDDDDDD: perhaps she's doing Explosive Birth?

God, I hope so.

Nobody knows who's doing the [bp=DP038]Explosive Birth[/bp] episode, though I'm guessing it'll be Kunihiko Natsume (DP032). We do know, however, that according to Pokeani, [bp=Category:Episodes animated by Akihiro Tamagawa]Akihiro Tamagawa[/bp] will be doing DP039.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Masaaki Iwane is a he.

Back on topic, though, the animation in this episode (from the preview on TV Tokyo's website, anyway) looks better than what we usually get from Shimura, so maybe it's not her. We won't know for sure until the episode airs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd originally thought that Iwane was male, but someone told me otherwise and I never really looked into it.

But anyways, the animation does look all right . . but I'm extremely dissapointed that they didn't have a better animator do this gym match because Natane is one of my favourite leaders along with Denzi.

I guess it's obvious that Ash wins the battle, but I have to wonder if Aipom will win the match or if Turtwig will be victorious over Natane's or what's going to happen.

But I do think that Mukkubird will be his first pokemon and won't get a KO on any of Natane's pokes . . just because the writers don't seem to have Mukkubird really doing much serious battling unfortunately D:

The Underground Man, Roark's Grandfather, shows TR the Underground.

1181211094549e832.jpg

It's not fair...

Anyway, I think it went

Turtwig vs. Cherubi- Turtwig wins
Turtwig (Gardenia) vs. Mukubird- Mukubird is killed.
Turtwig vs. Turtwig- Ash wins
Turtwig vs. Roserade- Roserade wins.
Aipom vs. Roserade - Aipom wins (and seems it used a fire attack?)

Hey, if cherubi fight with both Ash's turtwig and staravia and we know, by previous episode summary, that turtwig was sent first, so "mukkupowers" defeat that annoying cherry. But, well, someone waited should staravia REALLY defeat Gardenia's over turtle?

And that attack isn't an fire attack, aipom only sent back weather ball to roserade.

DP 37 - Part 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/search/Pokemon/video/x272rl_pokemon-dp-ep372

Battle results:

Turtwig Vs. Cherubi = Turtwig is recalled
Staravia Vs Cherubi = Staravia wins
Staravia Vs. Turtwig (Gardenia's) = Turtwig (Gardenia's) wins
Turtwig Vs. Turtwig (Gardenia's) = Turtwig wins
Turtwig Vs. Roserade = Roserade wins
Aipom Vs. Roserade = Aipom wins

Last edited:
C'mon writers, give Staravia a decent win for once! You'd think a grass Gym would finally give a flying type a chance to shine like Staravia...dammit.

Has Staravia even won any battles since it evolved?

He might've beat Cherubi...

Oh well, more hope he'll WIN AGAINST LUCARIO! YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom