• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP063 title revealed

For what? I could see Ash with Mamoswine being written as a combo of Glalie and Donphan's personalities and powers.

I really doubt the writers will ever give Ash a fully evolved stage 3 pokemon(rest assured their will be some kind of defect with it if it ever did happen, trust me it's happened with past fully evolved captures) let alone another two time evolver with all the potential evo's he's got on his hands as is.

Plus the fact they took Aipom off of him and gave it to Dawn pretty much proves they want him to stick to the new guys so his last capture assuming he makes one is gonna be a new guy that becomes a new guy, not a retro goer.

Last edited:
I really doubt the writers will ever give Ash a fully evolved stage 3 pokemon

Basic
Stage One
Stage Two

Also, Butterfree, Charizard, Pidgeot, and Sceptile would like a word with you.

Ash could quite easily get a Swinub and evolve it into Mamoswine (although I could easily see it with Brock, Dawn, or James too). Hell, Mukkubird, Naetle, and Hikozaru could all easily makeit all the way to Stage Two as well.

Ash's sixth slot is reserved? WTF is that supposed to mean? The writers will have him catch whatever the hell they want him too.

Basic
Stage One
Stage Two

Also, Butterfree, Charizard, Pidgeot, and Sceptile would like a word with you.

Ash could quite easily get a Swinub and evolve it into Mamoswine (although I could easily see it with Brock, Dawn, or James too). Hell, Mukkubird, Naetle, and Hikozaru could all easily makeit all the way to Stage Two as well.

Alright I think basic-stage 2 is better than stages 1-3 wehn explaining things, but still what I meant was i doubt he'd CATCH a fully evolved stage 2 guy, if he did there would be a defect on it.

Also I really think people need to stop overestimating the writers on the evo thing, I seriouslly doubt their gonna get evo happy with his sinnoh guys either, they've never done it before so why would they now?

Plus I still doubt he'll get a retro evolver, the fact they had him get rid of Aipom proves they want him to have new guys, and I would prefer the last guy have at least one new type he's never had before too so we'll have some originality.

Then again I don't think we'll be seeing any captures for a while anyway and if anything gets caught then Dawn or Brock will be doing it.

On a lighter not and to stay on topic, anyone think Todd may show up in this episode? After all they did bring snap back on the wii and he was in the last Swinub episode, it would be pretty neat to see Todd again, even if it is unlikely.

Last edited:
Plus the fact they took Aipom off of him and gave it to Dawn pretty much proves they want him to stick to the new guys so his last capture assuming he makes one is gonna be a new guy that becomes a new guy, not a retro goer.
Not exactly, seeing how they went and evolved Aipom like 5 episodes after the trade.

I don't get how the translator got "Hot Springs Battle" out of 湯けむりバトル ("Steamy Battle" would be better). If it was supposed to be "Hot Springs Battle," it probably would have been written as 温泉バトル instead.

Another filler, possibly with Todd/Snap because of Pokemon Snap for the Wii and the similarities to the Johto filler with him in it. When is Veilstone coming?

I want to see Paul's dramatic Sasuke-like childhood with Lucian calling him "foolish little brother".

Since this ep airs on Jan. 17th, there are only two Thursday's after that in that month, so if we get two more fillers then we won't get to Veilstone until February. :/

That is of course assuming we don't get more double airings or the last two weeks of Jan are Veilstone city, but who knows.

Not exactly, seeing how they went and evolved Aipom like 5 episodes after the trade.

It still evolves under Dawn, not him, so yes it proves my point.

I think it'd be cool if Todd made a cameo sometime soon, though just imagine if it was the same swinub.

I wonder how many riot's there would be of "more importnant recourring characters that NEED TO COME BACK!" if people and pokemon from a random jouto filler of all episode's came back out now for now apparent reason but those "important" ones didn't.

Also I really think people need to stop overestimating the writers on the evo thing, I seriouslly doubt their gonna get evo happy with his sinnoh guys either, they've never done it before so why would they now?

All of Ash's Hoenn team ended up fully evolved, save for Corphish and Pikachu.

All of Ash's Hoenn team ended up fully evolved, save for Corphish and Pikachu.

Not within the region itself however, he only had three over the course of hoenn.

Unless of course you want to admit that hoenn was rushed compared how sinnoh's being handled.

Yay!

An episode with 3 Swinub, which reminds people of Johto! XD

Since I'm a HUGE fan of Johto (and all its fillers), I loved the episode "Spring Fever". So I'm certain I will like this episode too, since it appears to be similar. ^^

Also, yes, I think seeing Todd again would be cool.

But what I'd really like to see them do is, bring back some characters-of-the-day from Johto. That'd be awesome!!!! :-D

On another note, I don't know why people have all this hatred for Johto fillers. I enjoyed those episodes so much! Then again, I'm an Ash fangirl, so I like anything as long as it has Ash in it. XD

Pokemon Snap is on the Japanese Virtual console too, right?

It really makes me wonder if they will have him re-appear just to advertise the game....

I liked that old Swinub episode. It was at least a little more interesting than some fillers.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the Swinub trio in this episode might actually be the SAME swinub from that Johto episode??? I think that would be pretty cool.

The owners of those Swinub were such random filler characters though, why would they actually return...over 300 episodes later? Wasn't there a father and daughter...I can't remember.

Its not like they were some of the more memorable filler characters in the anime that really deserved a second appearance.

Too random if you ask me.

The owners of those Swinub were such random filler characters though, why would they actually return...over 300 episodes later? Wasn't there a father and daughter...I can't remember.

Its not like they were some of the more memorable filler characters in the anime that really deserved a second appearance.

Too random if you ask me.
I think it's just a matter of luck with who and what was in that episode. I mean it's a distinct possibility that Todd's going to be in it for Snap, Swinub's got a new evolution which they could show off, and i really feel there's going to be something with the pixies because of the plushes and them sniffing out hot springs (water) could be used. It's just a combination of things that would work together nicely.

I don't get how the translator got "Hot Springs Battle" out of 湯けむりバトル ("Steamy Battle" would be better). If it was supposed to be "Hot Springs Battle," it probably would have been written as 温泉バトル instead.

I knew it couldn't have been "hot spring" on the nose because of the absence of "onsen." But, I tried searching for different combinations and that was the best I could come up with. You're right, "Steamy Battle" is better.

Hmm . . so there might not be a hot spring involved at all? That'd be interesting.

However, "Steamy Battle" does seem to imply a hot spring, so whatever. I'll just find it funny if there isn't one in the episode and all the websites reported it wrong ;~;

Maybe its a battle around geysers like in the Dewford Gym episode?

Either way, I don't know who they could be battling. Battling a bunch of Swinub doesn't exactly sound like the most exciting thing to me, so hopefully we get new info on what goes on in this ep soon.

Are we talking about Ms. Peggy and her dad, finding hot springs? Why would they move to Sinnoh...barren land everywhere (in Johto) and no springs?

It was a lame episode. Back in the good ol' days...aaah.

Well, in "Spring Fever", they did mention they were having trouble finding hot springs.

So maybe her dad was out of work for a long time?

But anyway, I think this episode is probably referring to a different group of 3 Swinub....

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom