• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP066: Lucario! Wave Bomb of Anger!!

I've thought about it, and even though the odds may or may not neccesarily be in her favor, I think Dawn might actually win. It certainly isn't impossible, and after all, D&P has been pretty unpredictable so far.

Shinji and Satoshi kiss and Takeshi gets jealous and then he kisses Hikari and then Sumomo loves everyone and everyone gets married and they all have Mukuhawk.

I'd be fine with the kiss between Paul and Ash just switch Brock with Ash too and he gets a kiss from Dawn as wellXD

*Jessie pulls out a chocolate bar...
...Movie 8 reference?

* Paul already beat Maylene when they arrived

*Looks like Reiji has a whole collection of badges and I think the BF Symbols.

*I only see one pic of Mukkuhawk and it's unclear if it's Ashs....although, I think it's Reiji's and seems Mukkubird might train to learn Brave Bird from it.

* POKEANI SAYS SHINJI HAS A MAGMAR! A MAGMORTAR IS SURE TO FOLLOW!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Pikachu and Infernape versus Electivire and Magmortar, anyone?

Pikachu and Infernape versus Electivire and Magmortar, anyone?

Infernape Vs Magmortar, sure (especially if Chimchar manages to hold on to Dig even after it's evolutions), but right now I can't see Pikachu beating Electivire. If I were Ash, I'd break out Donphan....

Paul is shown in a flashback, when he battled Maylene in the official gym battle

Honchkrow vs Meditite -> Sky Attack, Honchkrow wins
Honchkrow vs Machoke -> Sky attack collides with dynamic punch (I guess) draw
Magmar vs Lucario -> FireSpin and FirePunch, Magmar wins

Ash's battle vs Reiji

Gligar is sent out to watch a real match

Turtwig vs Bibarel -> after 2 energyball and razor leaf, Turtwig wins
Staravia vs Swalot -> swalot wins,poor bird -_-
Pikachu vs Staraptor (Reiji's) -> Staraptor uses Brave bird (first looks like a blazing sky attack, after a blue aura instead of flames), we see the recoil damage also (like blue sparks) but Pikachu wins with a VoltTakle

Before the match, Ash and Reiji talked about how Shinji trained Chimchar...after the battle Ash is interested in Staraptor's BraveBird...than Dawn asks for an unofficial gym battle with Maylene and the episode ends.

Ha, I knew it wasn't Ash's!

Seems as if it was Paul's actual house that they were at. It's very interesting that Paul has all eight badges from three regions and six Frontier symbols framed. I guess that's at least one thing Ash has beat him in. Did anybody else notice that it looks as if Paul already has all right badges?

Last edited:
Remember kids, Lucario is NOT a legendary Pokemon. We have finally reached Tobari city and damn it took long. I'm not going to say anything about Together. Sumomo is having problems with Lucario, or is it Sumomo having problems. Pochama is officially a Pikachu wannabe. The mention of Shinji downs Sumomo in an instant. Shinji now has Donkarasu and Boober which won against Lucario. Hikari has some girl talk with Sumomo, whom is in the same state that Hikari is in with her Contests. Rocket-dan tries to recruit Lucario using bribes like chocolate (Movie 8 anyone?). We get to see some badges on Reiji's fireplace including what seems to be Frontier Symbols.

Satoshi trains against Reiji. Gligar, which had a funny entrance, is told to watch the battle. Reiji's Beadull is a crazy battler. We get to see Naetle bite Satoshi for the first time in a while. Sumomo becomes more pumped up watching the battle. Mukubird has no justice against Marunoom. Reiji has Mukuhawk which faces Pikachu. The highly abused Pokemon Symphonic Melody plays. The two Pokemon use Volt Tackle and Bravebird, with Pikachu winning. Satoshi is interested in Bravebird for Mukubird (MUKUJUSTICE!). Hikari wants to face Sumomo in a gym match. Orchid-Hakase lecture on Eteboth. Preview for DP067 shows (I'll post what it has later)

This episode was quite interesting to watch given all the stuff that was thrown at us, but the plot was executed in a way which keeps the story moving. The animation and music were good.This episode deserves an 8.8/10

Last edited:
Hmm, Shinji already had 6 Pokemon on his team before Magmar. I wonder which one he Rowaned. Torterra? Electabuzz? Ursaring? Weavile? Gliscor?

Man, Maylene and Lucario are going through some serious training.

Turtwig vs. Beadull
Naetle uses an Energy Ball, which Beadull destroyes with a Super/Hyper Fang. Beadull then uses some sort of sleep attack. It gets coloured in a purple light and is surrounded by a green powder that rises from the grass. The identical light comes up from the grass underneath Naetle, and it falls asleep. Beadull then uses an attack that looks like it does some recoil damage (Double-Edge or Take Down?), and Naetle wakes up. Beadull tries to use the Fang attack again, but Naetle dodges. It uses Razor Leaf and then starts to use Energy Ball again. Beadull uses Ice Beam, but Naetle dodges and the Energy Ball hits, making Naetle the winner. Naetle finishes off with a nice nibble on Ash's arm

Mukkubird vs. Marunoom
Mukkubird starts off with an Aerial Ace. It hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 1. Mukkubird comes right back with a Wing Attack that hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 2. Mukkubird goes in for an Aerial Ace, and Marunoom unleashes a Spit-Up. Amazingly, Mukkubird manages to keep going and tries a third Aerial Ace. Marunoo counters with Sludge Bomb, and that's it for the Bird.

Pikachu vs. Mukkuhawk
Pikachu starts off with Thunderbolt, but Mukkuhawk dodges easily and counters with an attack that causes fire to surround it. Pikachu jumps towards it and tries Buneary's patented spin-dodge, but the fire vanishes and Mukkuhawk is covered by a blue aura (Brave Bird?) that smashes into Pikachu. It drives Pikachu into the ground (where there is an explosion), and Mukkuhawk jumps back into the air, but it's been affected by Static. Mkkuhawk goes in for an attack, but Pikachu dodges by hitting the ground with Iron Tail. It then uses Volt Tackle, and Mukkuhawk uses a glowing-wing thing (Wing Attack? Steel Wing?). The two attacks collide, but Mukkuhawk is the one knocked out.

Last edited:
I was going to make a joke on betting about how long before someone made an article for Paul's Magmar on Bulbapedia.

... It's already happened. ._.

You know is it just me or did Ash seem abit too enthusiastic about Lucario when they first saw it, not to mention he noticed the flying hadokens rather quickly as well...

So Paul has a Magmar now, and a strong one at that since it flat out destroyed lucario.

As for the battle it was neat, seems staravia still can't get a break, but with the possibility of it being trained now to learn Brave Bird it could finally be on the path to redemption.

Hmm, Shinji already had 6 Pokemon on his team before Magmar. I wonder which one he Rowaned. Torterra? Electabuzz? Ursaring? Weavile? Gliscor?

From what I could gather, the Electabuzz Ash and co met at the start is Shinji's that he apparently left with Reiji since Pikachu and Piplup could immediately recognize it.

So Ash remembered Lucario? Cool. That's all I really wanted, well that and for him to recive an egg of it.

From what I could gather, the Electabuzz Ash and co met at the start is Shinji's that he apparently left with Reiji since Pikachu and Piplup could immediately recognize it.

WOW. Paul is such an enigma! Why the hell did he go and dump Electabuzz for Chimchar 2.0!? I mean, wasn't Electabuzz one of his strong fighters?

Last edited:
That's a huge surprise if he did leave Electabuzz with Reiji. I'd just assumed that Reiji had an Electabuzz too.

Actually, I really like that the writers are giving him so many Pokemon. It'll be interesting to see what six Pokemon he uses if/when he faces off with Ash during the League. It opens up so many possibilities that we can't even begin to predict!

Last edited:
LOL If Reiji also have an Electabuzz guess that Pokemon is very popular around there. Gary also has one right? LOL.

Chaoblazer can you describe the scene for me? I was hoping so much for that. And it seemed like Ash is going to get an egg oh I hope so.

Chaoblazer can you describe the scene for me? I was hoping so much for that. And it seemed like Ash is going to get an egg oh I hope so.

There's not really much to explain, Ash was excited when he saw Lucario using it's aura sphere(also worth noting that despite dexing it he recognzed it off the bat instead of going "oh who's this") and then when it preformed bone rush he was even more excited...

Which is why i get the feeling he could be getting it now....assuming he does catch another pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom