• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP066: Lucario! Wave Bomb of Anger!!

WOW. Paul is such an enigma! Why the hell did he go and dump Electabuzz for Chimchar 2.0!? I mean, wasn't Electabuzz one of his strong fighters?

How the hell is Magmar Chimchar 2.0? Just because they're both fire types and one belongs to Shinji while the other used to belong to him doesn't make them similar.

And I highly doubt Shinji dumped his Electabuzz for Magmar, it is, as you said, one of his strongest Pokemon, so I have a feeling he'll still be using it in battles and so on.

Seeing as that Electabuzz with Reiji is actually Shinji's and not his like thought (and Shinji decides not to release any of his Pokemon in his team) I'm guessing he'll switch Pokemon depending on which one he wants to use or not, so currentally Shinji switched his Electabuzz with Magmar, but later he could get back Electabuzz and switch it for another Pokemon if he wants to use it in battle.

Last edited:
DP >>>>>> All
I want to clear some things for you (and yes I'm 100% sure about them):
- The badges (all Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh badges and all the regular 6 symbols but not Brandon's last one) are Reiji's and NOT Paul's... also interesting to note that Ash didn't notice the badges but only Brock did
- The Electabuzz is Paul's and NOT Reiji's

I noticed the chocolate too... nice reference
I think it seems like Dawn wants to battle only for Maylene and not for herself and not as a real gym battles (but that's I'm not sure of) but things might change next episode
Piplup is officially out of ball Pokémon... but don't they think we should get some explanation to this?
And I must say again that DP>all

Yeah, I just watch the episode, here are some things that I was able to gather

Satoshi recognized immediately Lucario's attack (Hadou)

Its true Satoshi was really exited to see Lucario in action.

Electabuzz attacked Pochama and Pikachu without warning

Pochama and Pikachi ganged up on Electabuzz and they fought battle royale style, then Lucario breaks the fight

Shinji left his electabuzz with his brother reiji

Sumomo is sad because Shinji said that his battle with her was one of the easiest ones so far

The badges at reiji's house are his, and not shinji's.

Hikari tries to her Sumomo up the best she can. She uses the example of Satoshi's naetle trying to learn energy ball, she said something like "at first the attack wouldn't work right, but Satoshi never gave up and he was finally able to master it"(rough translation off course), that comment made sumomo cheer up a little bit and she started to get excited about battling again.

After Satoshi beats reiji's Mukuhawk with Pikachu. Reiji offers to teach Satoshi Brave Bird

At the end Hikari challenges Sumomo for a Gym battle.

Someone needs to translate what Reji said about Electabuzz so we can get an understanding if it's off Paul for keeps or not.

I don't see why it would matter though if it was, Gary's already showing off Electrivire, and Paul can now get Magmortar and people can get thier wish to see them fight.

Provided the two meet.

can someone translate what shinji said to sumomo in the flashback?

extreme, do u understand japanese so well so u are sure that it was shinjis electabuzz? I still think it was Reiji's own one.

Someone needs to translate what Reji said about Electabuzz so we can get an understanding if it's off Paul for keeps or not.

He said something like "Shinji left electabuzz with me to look after" It doesn't say whether he is coming back for it or not.

can someone translate what shinji said to sumomo in the flashback?

Sumomo is sad because Shinji said that his battle with her was one of the easiest ones so far

hmm fair enough, I still want someone like Dogasu to confirm that he really said that. (about electabuzz staying or leaving)

extreme, do u understand japanese so well so u are sure that it was shinjis electabuzz? I still think it was Reiji's own one.

They clearly said it's Paul's and you can clearly see that from its personality

Yeah, I just watch the episode, here are some things that I was able to gather

Satoshi recognized immediately Lucario's attack (Hadou)

Its true Satoshi was really exited to see Lucario in action.

Electabuzz attacked Pochama and Pikachu without warning

Pochama and Pikachi ganged up on Electabuzz and they fought battle royale style, then Lucario breaks the fight

Shinji left his electabuzz with his brother reiji

The badges at reiji's house are his, and not shinji's.

Hikari tries to her Sumomo up the best she can. She uses the example of Satoshi's naetle trying to learn energy ball, she said something like "at first the attack wouldn't work right, but Satoshi never gave up and he was finally able to master it"(rough translation off course), that comment made sumomo cheer up a little bit and she started to get excited about battling again.

After Satoshi beats reiji's Mukuhawk with Pikachu. Reiji offers to teach Satoshi Brave Bird

At the end Hikari challenges Sumomo for a Gym battle.

That sounds so cool. I can't wait for the dubed version of this episode.

Uh, we've known about Reiji for quite some time now. And according to what I've been hearing, he's an alright fellow.

Well, this episode was another interesting and enjoyable one. I thought Reiji would defeat Satoshi in this episode from his previous earnings displayed on top of the fireplace. Doesn't look like he's been in newer regions not introduced to us yet, but then again it'll spoil the possible upcoming project once 4th Generation ends.

Electabuzz in this episode is definitely Shinji's and even Satoshi recognized it. Unusually, it showed a bit of laid back humor when Reiji spoke to it after Lucario halted the fight. I don't know if we'll be shown or hearing a bit more of Shinji's backstory, but at least we'll see Reiji in 3 known episodes for now.

This episode is awesome.

I take it Reiji is nice? That’s good. I’m beginning to like the “Saul” thing for the irony. Saul was depicted as ruthless and persecuting others he believed were wrong, then he “saw the light” changed his ways and became nicer, in the process he became “Paul”. It fits here really good now that I think about it. Except it’s backwards :p I still prefer to use Shinji though. He just doesn’t look like a Paul to me :p

So Ash recognized Lucario? Point one for the “Lucario” thing. Whenever Ash tends to take an interest in a certain Pokemon usually he eventually gets it. It be good for him too. Having more than six Pokemon and learning to rotate them would help him in the League, especially if he does the only the Pokemon I caught here thing again.

I’m hoping the gym battle isn’t official I guess, but doesn’t matter either way. If Dawn beats Maylene I don’t see how that helps her self esteem that she lost thanks to Shinji, not logically anyway without a really stupid “this battle that I just lost inspires me” thing. Hopefully it’ll be a tie. Unless Dawn loses, but she’s already been humiliated.

Maybe Shinji stores his Pokemon with Reiji? And him having Magmar isn’t surprising at all. And yay for Staravia learning Brave Bird.

hopefully Staravia evolves eventually.
Staraptor would be DOOOOPE
especially since Ash let go of Pidgeot and he looked awesome.

and goodness, if he ever got Lucario, I'd be happy.
He can have a sick team for the League
Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Staraptor, Lucario, and...
... Floatzel would be good... idk...

DP >>>>>> All
I want to clear some things for you (and yes I'm 100% sure about them):
- The badges (all Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh badges and all the regular 6 symbols but not Brandon's last one) are Reiji's and NOT Paul's... also interesting to note that Ash didn't notice the badges but only Brock did

Are you sure? I thought that Paul said in the episode "Top-Down Training" that he competed in the Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto leagues.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom