• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP068 Title

If Ash loses it'll be more annoying because Dawn will probably lose too, and then having them both sulk over the Gym loss would be tiring.

I know the writers want to give a bit more spotlight to the D/P Gym leaders, but there has to be other ways to do it then having the characters lose so much.

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised if Staravia was released.
Ash would never release Staravia! And even if he wanted to, he certainly wouldn't release it without having a good reason for doing so (when he left Pidgeot behind, that was for a very good reason).

Anyway, he's nothing like Paul, who releases many Pokemon before he even has the chance to see their true power.

Yeah, what signs? Dawn will take her match (maybe non-official) and Ash could or not start his battle at the same (67) or only in the next episode (68). I think the "lose first, win a rematch after" plot was already used enough. Save it for the last gym, if the writers want...

Geodude said:
And one confirmed match tells you this? For all we know Mukubird could take out the other two Pokemon but lose to Lucario.
Wouldn't rule out that possibility, but I think it's likely Mukubird will take out only one Pokémon, but I hope that its clash will be exciting nonetheless.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Ash would never release Staravia! And even if he wanted to, he certainly wouldn't release it without having a good reason for doing so (when he left Pidgeot behind, that was for a very good reason).

Yeah, I know. But it has to step up and be a worthy player against battles.

Hmmm. I can think of a reason as to why Staravia would be released.

Ash got Gligar. Gligar can fly. :p

Why does no one have love for Murku.BIRD?
Poor MUKU.BIRD. D=

Mukubird.gif

Hopefully, it can at participate in one of the battles prior to Lucario.

Why does no one have love for Murku.BIRD?

What's with the Muku.BIRD thing anyway? Is it some kind of joke?

(I know that Mukubird is the Japanese name for Staravia, I just don't get why everyone keeps saying Muku.BIRD)

It's just another meme. I think it originated back when we first saw the early eps of DP, and everyone thought Starly/Staravia had brain damage from taking one too many blows to the head. It was originated by Gravy on SPP, I think.

What the hell is it with everyone assuming that Ash will get Riolu/Lucario? I will laugh and laugh and laugh if/when it doesn't happen

It's just another meme. I think it originated back when we first saw the early eps of DP, and everyone thought Starly/Staravia had brain damage from taking one too many blows to the head. It was originated by Gravy on SPP, I think.
Oh that Gravy. So handsome and brilliant that all the commoners feel the need to imitate his greatness. If only I could share his fortune~

Oh that Gravy. So handsome and brilliant that all the commoners feel the need to imitate his greatness. If only I could share his fortune~

Is that so? :O I know of a guy named Cotton-Gravy in deviantART who is very popular. Coincidence? :p

And yeah, what's the hate for poor Mukubird? The guy is awesome. And yeah, we know squat about the episode so it could perfectly be a 3 vs 3 battle with it participating and beating one or two of Maylene's pokemon.

Last edited:
Hey, did you hear about this one cool dude named Korobooshi Kojiro...yeah, that guy is one major mofo.

Anyway...um, is it possible to like Gligar AND Mukkubird the same? Because Gligar's already got me in his favor with that adorable wink.

Isn't Korobooshi Kojiro one of the legendary Maestro slayers of olde? Ahh, what an entrancing tale of majesty it was - Apparently KK made him lick the floor tiles in every Spanish McDonalds restaurant clean.

As for the pokémon, I love both of them also. Past my initial fanboy fretting, I don't think either one of them will jeopordise each other's future as much as I fear, and I'm looking forward to the inevitable aerial double battle that will fill me with glee.

Also, Gligar easily has the best personality out of the current roster.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom