• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP076: Seven Stars Restaurant! Tag Battle for a Full Course!!

Can any one tell me where I can find pictures for this? The normal places I go to don't seem to have them up at this moment=[

Omg, the episode was lot more entertaining then last's week. May looks awesome, and surprisely it wasn't really hard to pick up what their saying. But I just love the scenes when May got so pissed off, that was really entertaining, especially the demon voice, its nice she be for the next few weeks. And wow, so Ash and Brock did mentioned May to Dawn. That was nice. But wow, Ash looks awesome with that outfit from the preview! Squee!!

I like it that Beautifly seems to be permanently back on May's team. That was her star Pokemon for most of Hoenn until Torchic evolved, I'm glad the writers realized their mistake of her not using it during most of Battle Frontier.

Funny how Solidad didn't get an image like Max/Drew/Harley did, given that she's a major rival in Johto, but I guess the writers felt she wasn't important enough to bring up here.

Demon May and her love for food was hilarious, I really forgot how funny May could be at times. Its been awhile since I watched any AG episodes, but I think now I'm going to rewatch certain eps as I watch this arc too.

Richie is the most hated character in the Pokémon fandom.

You best be joking, fool. :| Richie is made of epic win. How could anyone hate such a sweet kid? Well...I guess people who hate nice people??? o_O

As for the episode, I really loved it! *_* Nice seeing May again, definately, even a nice mention of Max! <3 I loved seeing May and Dawn being such great buddies~ Can't wait for next ep too, more contest action! Great to see Zoey getting a new outfit too, the greenish one I don't like. She even gets a Finneon, sweet! *_* <3

You best be joking, fool. :| Richie is made of epic win. How could anyone hate such a sweet kid? Well...I guess people who hate nice people??? o_O

Because he's a poor clone of Ash without the personality.

Because he's a poor clone of Ash without the personality.

um...he was SUPPOSED to be similar to ash. That was the idea. I thought he had a pretty cute personality, he was like ash, but a bit sweeter, etc. I don't know, I really liked him as a character and he was a tough rival for ash! He was just such a nice kid...I was under the impression he was generally liked....I'm kinda dissapointed in the fandom now. (moreso than usual)

Hmm...so, am I the only one who feel people kinda exagerate Buneary's neglect and Piplup's overuse.

Buneary isn't as neglected as some make it sound
Just let it do a performance before (and if) it evolves and I'm ok with it
And Piplup is Dawn's version of Pikachu - people should get used to it like they did with Pikachu (and just like how Ash used to use Pikachu a lot more previously I think Dawn will be the same and will begin to use more her others later)

And thanks Kasumi for combining my posts

On Richie, two words: Mary Sue. He's too good. He is Ash without his most obvious flaw: his temper. He was essentially written to be a "perfect" version of Ash, I think to show that he still had a long way to go. Perfection makes characters less believable and makes it seem they were manufactured. Also, I feel that a clone of Ash is a bit excessive.

I liked the pic of Glaceon touching what I think is the Ice Rock near Snowpoint. So May is still in the middle of her ribbon quest in Johto, that satisfies me somewhat.

meh. I like perfect characters. I like that he's sweet and stuff. I don't see anything WRONG with being a good kid, and I would want to be his friend, thus I love him. Why can't there be a character who's just outwardly really good, and not have any serious flaws? He represents something that I aspire to be like, I want to be as friendly and kind as that, so when people insult him, I feel like they're insulting everything I want to become D:

Anyway BACK ON TOPIC. Am I the only one who really doesn't notice when a pokemon isn't used often? XD; I mean, they have a LOT of pokemon on the show, they can't give spotlight to all of them all the time, there's going to be some uneveness and some favoring of particular ones. Oh well. Buneary will have more time in the sun sooner or later XD Even if it's not as much as piplup.

Buneary wasn't used much in the previous couple of months but now it is getting more screentime.

So May has changed. I wonder if all those ribbons were truly won or more DEMs pulling out of her ass.

Harley has a Wigglytuff?? Oooh, they gotta show him soon.

I must've missed that BF episode when May gets pissed over food. When I saw all the episode pictures I wondered why she got all hotheaded out of nowhere...and normal next.

So May has changed. I wonder if all those ribbons were truly won or more DEMs pulling out of her ass.

May's only pulled DEM in a grand total of two or three out of her 15 Contests. The Brock Contest had a wacky point bar and Squirtle magically learned Ice beam with no training during that first BF Contest, but aside from that all her other wins are the same as Ash's usual victories.

I must've missed that BF episode when May gets pissed over food. When I saw all the episode pictures I wondered why she got all hotheaded out of nowhere...and normal next.

Um, it wasn't just in Battle Frontier. May has always had a thing for food throughout most of Hoenn as well. She picked out the restaurants during the Hoenn league, went on line for food in that Drew/Arcanine filler, there's "Pasta La Vista" which was the fighting dojo episode for noodles, and probably some other eps that I can't remember at the moment.

Last edited:
Um, it wasn't just in Battle Frontier. May has always had a thing for food throughout most of Hoenn as well. She picked out the restaurants during the Hoenn league, went on line for food in that Drew/Arcanine filler, there's "Pasta La Vista" which was the fighting dojo episode for noodles, and probably some other eps that I can't remember at the moment.

Haruka also had the scene where she ate like twenty bowls of noodles in her own ending. XD

Geodude said:
Uh, yeah, welcome to the Kanto Grand Festival.

Hey, I haven't seen any of the BF episodes. So I really don't know what happened then. Pardon my ignorance.

I may be eating my own words once I see May in the contest. Then I'll change my mind about her. Maybe.

Was "Pasta la Vista" part of BF? I really don't remember.

All I know is during the Hoenn League she was looking for all the noodle restaurants with Tyson. That's all I know. And some episodes here and there. I didn't know she'd get furious if her "meal" gets destroyed by TR's antics. I must've missed that.

Well, this episode showed us Team Rocket has bizarre metabolism.

I wish I could eat that many carbs and stay as thin as May is T.T
In my fic I'm working on, I kinda have all that food catch up to May in the future. :p

I heard this comment'This ribbon (Ash&May) always help me get through in Johto.'By Haruka.I Never Knew Haruka said it till now.

Two things I noticed in this episode.

Firstly...when Haruka talked about the others in Johto, she seemed to refer to Harley as "Harley-sama". What the hell? Oo;;

Secondly...numerous "Mai-Hime" based gags around Haruka, mainly with the burning up, etc. There was a pretty direct reference there from one of Hikari's lines, but it's not something I'd expect most viewers to get, so I have no idea why they put it in there.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom