• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP076: Seven Stars Restaurant! Tag Battle for a Full Course!!

Um...the anime makes references to things the target audience wouldn't get all the time. How many Kyojin no Hoshi (a baseball anime from the 1960's) parodies has the show done now?

Japan I guess, since we're talking about an episode that just aired there.

I kinda doubt the Japanese producers would give two craps about whether kids in some other country that will eventually see the series dubbed in their language will understand some reference they threw into the series.

Same with the American dub, really. Do you really think 4Kids expected kids all over the world to understand what Minnesota could possibly have to do with vikings?

And again, just like the Japanese, the dub references stuff the main audience won't get. How many American kids today have heard of The Electric Company?

Why would it necessarily have to be capitalized? People use the generic "the electric company" all the time to refer to whatever their provider is. I think.

The Electric Company is a 70s children's TV show. They ran some Spider-man skits which got a spinoff comic book, pretty much the only reason I'm vaguely familiar with it.

Did anyone notice May's ribbons color? most will probably think I'm reading too much into it but I can't believe it's a coincidence:
Green - Drew
Purple - Harley
Pink - Solidad

Did anyone notice May's ribbons color? most will probably think I'm reading too much into it but I can't believe it's a coincidence:
Green - Drew
Purple - Harley
Pink - Solidad

Is pink really her color? I was thinking light brownish or something...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom