• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP079 Title! Possibly the last Wallace Thread right now...

Yeah, I agree.

I don't think Dawn's gonna win this match either. The odds are very against her. ^^;

And wow, I guess that means Ash doesn't get very far in this contest. Of course, not that I'm surprised, since he doesn't have much experience in contests anyway. LOL. XD

Heh, I still find it funny how the writers threw Ash in this contest. But it does make since, especially if he entered to learn more dodging moves for his gym battles (however, as an Ash fangirl, it would've been awesome if he had actually won the contest!). XD

They could always make the outcome a tie, similar to the final AG Contest when Ash and May tied.

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how this goes. Bringing May back from Johto just to have her upstaged by a rookie coordinator just wouldn't seem right, yet having Dawn lose AGAIN after two Contest losses and the Maylene Gym battle just wouldn't seem right either.

I think the writers drove themselves into a corner with this match

As much as it pains me to say this, I can't see Dawn winning...
The very fact that Dawn has made it to the final round, quite possibly beating either Zoey or Ash, should be enough of a confidence booster. At the end of the day, the show has to maintain a level of reliability towards the viewers, so shedding tears over another loss for Dawn is not justified.

Scott85 said:
I think the writers drove themselves into a corner with this match
If anything, they drove themselves into a corner with the entire premise of Dawn's seeking a higher level of competition instead of going through the normal phase of correcting her mistakes in regular Contests. May has nothing to do with that; she simply deserves to reap the fruits of the situation.

This is one of those things that you can see coming, but kinda wish that it didn't happen this way.

The very fact that Dawn has made it to the final round, quite possibly beating either Zoey or Ash, should be enough of a confidence booster. At the end of the day, the show has to maintain a level of reliability towards the viewers, so shedding tears over another loss for Dawn is not justified.

I never said nothing would be gained from it. All I said was that Dawn wouldn't win. I am aware this may give her the chance to improve, but overall, I just can't see her winning.

Wartortle vs Piplup

So boring.. two pokemon that the fanbase hates the most battle eachother in the final round.
For me though, I prefer Wartortle over that annoying Piplup.

The very fact that Dawn has made it to the final round, quite possibly beating either Zoey or Ash, should be enough of a confidence booster.

Not really, winning or at least managing a tie would be a booster, if she loses again it could cause her even more depression.

At the end of the day, the show has to maintain a level of reliability towards the viewers

This statement obviously shows me you overestimate the writers.

They've done several suprising things already some of which have made people lose trust in them so another one happening isn't too big of a deal as people will get over it.

so shedding tears over another loss for Dawn is not justified.

Nor shood tears be shed if Dawn does beat her, and she has a good chance too, experiance isn't everything in the anime,and i know several times it's been proven, heck Ash is constantly proving that.

If anything, they drove themselves into a corner with the entire premise of Dawn's seeking a higher level of competition instead of going through the normal phase of correcting her mistakes in regular Contests.

Except that this is a special contest that might not effect her quest in general so i don't see why she wouldn't partake in it.

May has nothing to do with that; she simply deserves to reap the fruits of the situation.

No one deserves anything, at the end, they get what the WRITERS choose to hand them, and we have to accept it.

Wartortle vs Piplup

So boring.. two pokemon that the fanbase hates the most battle eachother in the final round.
For me though, I prefer Wartortle over that annoying Piplup.
Since when do fans hate Wartortle? O_O

They don't....

I think Naix is referring to May's Squirtle, which happened to get lots of cheap wins from the writers.

AG star VS DP star. Definitely one of the most unexpecting situations to be given to us in reality. I'm all at a loss of words once seeing this title.

I fully expect Haruka to win. She's a lot more experienced, and a better overall coordinator than Hikari.

But Hikari will do well, which will give her a confidence boost, and she'll win her next contest.

Anyone want to wager a guess who Zoey and Ash lose to?

I kind of think May takes out Zoey for some reason. They never battled before and it'll be interesting to see how that goes. No clue who Ash will lose to though.

Don't count Dawn out just yet... Remember the writers enjoy bailing Dawn out by making Piplup pull victory out of nowhere due to it's bide attack.

May VS Zoey, and Dawn VS Ash. My main wagers for semi-finals. Of course, they could shuffle this a bit and have say Ash lose to some random person.

Funny how all these sort of episodes get the DECISIVE MATCH! phrase in the title. :p

Not quite as funny as late AG when we had "Haruka vs Shuu! The Final Battle!" and then just 5 or so episodes later we got "Haruka vs Shuu! Rivals Forever".

Mixed messages much?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom