• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP079 Title! Possibly the last Wallace Thread right now...

Anyone thinking this?

8 PEOPLE MADE IT TO QUATRES.includes ash may zoey ash
Ash lost to zoey in quatres,zoey lost to may in semis,while dawn got a easy draw through? then final May Vs Dawn and May wins?

Anyone thinking this?

8 PEOPLE MADE IT TO QUATRES.includes ash may zoey ash
Ash lost to zoey in quatres,zoey lost to may in semis,while dawn got a easy draw through? then final May Vs Dawn and May wins?

Hikari not even getting a single win against a named character would be kind of lame. Unless Musashi enters and Hikari beats her.

How else shes going to final?

Ash can battle better than her
The writer dont make HiKARI beat Zoey to Gf probaly or later
Musashi dont have a water pokemon unless they caught one in time?
May obvious facing her in the final
so easiest and simplest root and this probaly how the writer plans it.
but let see

Get on With the Pass Grey And come to our future k?

>_>' me haz no pass.

May beating Zoey would be interesting... Dawn could think "wow, she beat Zoey, who always beats me, how can I beat her? Y.Y" and in the end, beat May. Pretty neat.

Musashi dont have a water pokemon unless they caught one in time?

Unless I'm missing something, the Water Pokemon thing is still simply speculation. Yeah, it does seem likely based on the fact that all 4 are using water Pokemon, but that wouldn't mean that it has to be a Water Pokemon contest.

We shouldn't rule anything out at this point. We'll probably know if that's the case or not soon enough.

I hope for a tie. I don't want Dawn to lose cuz she might kill herself, but i don't want May to lose cuz it would be dumb if the writers brought her to Sinnoh just to lose to Dawn. I can actually see everyone cheering for the both after a tie.

Unless I'm missing something, the Water Pokemon thing is still simply speculation. Yeah, it does seem likely based on the fact that all 4 are using water Pokemon, but that wouldn't mean that it has to be a Water Pokemon contest.

It's named after the Water Pokemon Gym Leader/Champion/Contest Master/Whatever, of course it's water themed.

Haruka wins, then leaves. And then, we just HAVE TO get Futomaki! We need Futomaki!

We can do without him, thanks. We don't need every single freaking game character in this show, you know.

I want Dawn to win, but I can't see it being possible right now. >_>

It's named after the Water Pokemon Gym Leader/Champion/Contest Master/Whatever, of course it's water themed.

It's highly likely, but it's not a sure thing.

All I was saying is that people can't say with 100% certainty that it has to be a water contest. Besides, we'll find out soon enough once 75 airs. Until then, why rule out speculation?

I Bet All Bulbagardens Mods Lifes on it That it is a water theme and my theory of the match up will come true(Jk i dont have the rights of they lifes lol)

Wow...Dawn vs. May, I kinda expected this to happen. So it's Wartortle vs. Piplup. I don't think that May will lose because I think it's pointless for her to come back just to lose. At the same time, Dawn can't lose again. Hopefully they'll have a draw. I mean that way it would be a more justified result. And it would make sense since I could see Piplup do well against Wartortle but at the same time, Wartortle is stronger.

Can I point out one small detail? The title says absolutely nothing about the "Decisive Match" being the Contest Final...

I think a May vs. Dawn match was inevitable myself.

It just feels a little soon for that.

I agree completely.

And then near the end of the season when everyone inevitably reunites... Either shortly before or after the Pokemon League we will see a rematch of Dawn and May... which will probably also hold significance to Dawn's standing on the Grand Festival, whether she be nervous beforehand, or devestated afterward. (And before everyone says wishful thinking Max still has to make a return)

Deceivsive match.

Can I point out one small detail? The title says absolutely nothing about the "Decisive Match" being the Contest Final...

Decisive Match,lOL IT WONT BE DECisive IF IT AINT THE FINALS.Let see
want to bet on this

I agree completely.

And then near the end of the season when everyone inevitably reunites... Either shortly before or after the Pokemon League we will see a rematch of Dawn and May... which will probably also hold significance to Dawn's standing on the Grand Festival, whether she be nervous beforehand, or devestated afterward. (And before everyone says wishful thinking Max still has to make a return)

I actually would like it if May and Dawn did battle again as D/P was coming to an end. By the end of D/P Dawn will be a much stronger trainer than she is now and it'll be a nice follow-up battle to this one.

The only reason the Contest arcs have remained separate is because they obviously don't want May, (and Drew/Harley), interfering with Dawn's regular arc this early in the game. This is a special Contest of sorts that doesn't award a normal ribbon so it doesn't matter. However since the ribbon society exists in D/P, then after Dawn is done with her normal quest we could see some sort of merging between the two plots.

Or maybe I just really want Harley to meet Dawn, so go figure. If Harley's interactions with May were as amusing as they were, I wonder how he would respond to Dawn? :p

Meh, I can do without more Harley for a while. He's a gimmick character that the anime was starting to rely too heavily on during the latter parts of the Battle Frontier saga. He needs to rest for a little while longer before appearing again.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom