• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP079 Title! Possibly the last Wallace Thread right now...

Meh, I can do without more Harley for a while. He's a gimmick character that the anime was starting to rely too heavily on during the latter parts of the Battle Frontier saga. He needs to rest for a little while longer before appearing again.

True, but it'll probably be well over 100 episodes before he appears again anyway. He might have been overused come Battle Frontier, but at least he always did something entertaining in all his appearances.

We're honestly having Zoey appear far more anyway in this season. Hasn't she been in almost every Contest in some form except for one? Its not really worth complaining that he was overused considering Zoey is moreso who is far less entertaining.

True, but at least Nozomi has been based in the Shin'ou region for a while.

It's already absurd to have Haruka travel all the way from Jouto to Shin'ou just to compete in some competition (just like it was absurd for Kasumi to just randomly show up near mid-Houen). Harley would be too ridiculous.

Wow, the writers are making full use of the Mikuri appearance.
Concerning Hikari, I doubt she'll win, but an experienced coordinator like Haruka would give her a booster talk.
Harley had been used up fully in the Battle Frontier arc, though we all know we like his antics, so having him show up will be pretty awkard. And if he appears, people will probably want others like Shuu and Saori to appear as well.

Haruka wins, then leaves. And then, we just HAVE TO get Futomaki! We need Futomaki!

I find it strange that he's named after a type of rolled sushi.

Decisive Match,lOL IT WONT BE DECisive IF IT AINT THE FINALS.Let see
want to bet on this

Really? Drew and May somehow managed to have two Decisive Grand Festival matches without getting anywhere near the finals.

Don't want to bet on anything (I'm not that sure), but it's a possibility.

One way or another, if the tag battle eps are anything to go by, the ep starts with the semi-finals...

We can do without him, thanks. We don't need every single freaking game character in this show, you know.

I don't say we need every single character from game.

But Futomaki is important enough to let him appear in the anime. He'll be always better than hundreds of rescuemefromaproblem one-time filler characters with no personality at all. I'm really bored of them, especially when I see they all are the same designs but with different hair.

I don't say we need every single character from game.

But Futomaki is important enough to let him appear in the anime. He'll be always better than hundreds of rescuemefromaproblem one-time filler characters with no personality at all. I'm really bored of them, especially when I see they all are the same designs but with different hair.

How is a character who checks footprints and has absolutely nothing to do with the story important enough to have him in the anime? Not to mention that he'll most likely be the same filler type character you keep bragging about. Like I said, we can do without him.

How is a character who checks footprints and has absolutely nothing to do with the story important enough to have him in the anime? Not to mention that he'll most likely be the same filler type character you keep bragging about. Like I said, we can do without him.

Yeah, like you said, there's nothing which makes him any worse than any other one-shot char. We should be getting him then.

Yeah, like you said, there's nothing which makes him any worse than any other one-shot char. We should be getting him then.

But is he really that important enough to place in a show that would be better off without him? If not, I don't know why you insist he should be.

That's not good... in the CSI episode I saw the other day, a guy with a foot fetish murdered like three women after touching and doing other stuff to their feet.

cassius beat me to my point, lol. Its too early to jump to the conclusion that this is the final round of the competition. We've had mis-leading titles like this before ("Ash vs Misty! Whirlpool Cup Final Battle" Anyone?) The May/Dawn battle could be during the semi-finals, then we'll see a little blip at the end of May (I think she'll win) beating or losing to some random trainer in the final round.

Rocketshipper, its more likely for this to be the final match since I doubt they're going to introduce a new one-shot rival just for this Contest.

Ash and Zoey probably already got knocked out in the previous rounds, and since Wallace is hosting the tournament and not competing, introducing yet another coordinator to this would be overkill.

Heck, its interesting that Kenny isn't here. His Prinplup could have been used in this Contest.

Too much main characters alreay? with may zoey wallace hikari ash,how many people we going to focus on0-0 in this contest of this episodes

Maxim has a foot fetish, that's why.

:p

That's not good... in the CSI episode I saw the other day, a guy with a foot fetish murdered like three women after touching and doing other stuff to their feet.

Thanks for killing me. You both get a cookie as a reward (and five bucks, too, share it).

I bet another five bucks that there will be some Marina reference/cameo during the tournament.

Anyone want to wager a guess who Zoey and Ash lose to?

I kind of think May takes out Zoey for some reason. They never battled before and it'll be interesting to see how that goes. No clue who Ash will lose to though.

My prediction possibly..

Ash beats out Zoey. Wallace beats out Ash. Than in the end May V.S Dawn whoeve wins takes on Wallace, but we all know who would win thatXD
But yah this should be intresting. I'd hope it would happen this way, at least than Ash wouldn't be taken out by a weakling. Although an Ash V.S Dawn battle would be intresting but I wouldn't want her to beat him. I'd want Dawn to win this, but I can see either being a tie or May winning and giving Dawn a talk about how well she is doing.

Edit;

Wallace isn't entering it? Well shoot. Alright than if Ash goes down, I at least want him to take Zoey with him. If any one were to beat Ash I'd want May too, shes been in contests longer so it would be understandable. Plus it would show how much she's come from her and Ash last battle other than the tie. But I'd rather have Ash drop out do to seeing how sad Dawn was in the compettion, it would show his soft side and would explaine a lot.

It's already absurd to have Haruka travel all the way from Jouto to Shin'ou just to compete in some competition (just like it was absurd for Kasumi to just randomly show up near mid-Houen). Harley would be too ridiculous.
Why is it so 'absurd'? I guess it would be for just one competitio. But what if she's finished with Johto? It's certainly very possible. It took Haruka about 50+ episodes to travel through Kanto, I don't see why it's so ridiculous that she'd be in Sinnoh now. Johto could be finished for her, now she's set her sights on Sinnoh Contests.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom