• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP079 Title! Possibly the last Wallace Thread right now...

Rocketshipper, its more likely for this to be the final match since I doubt they're going to introduce a new one-shot rival just for this Contest.

They don't need to "introduce" anyone new. They can just pull the same thing they did with Richie and Harrison in the leagues; have May beat, or lose to, some totally random trainer with no lines or purpose but to be on screen for 30 seconds while the announcer says something like "looks like May has defeated <insert name here> and won the tournament" or "looks like <random name> has defeated May and won!!"

It has been revealed that the prize for winning the Wallace Cup is a special ribbon, whose distinction is its national validity across all regional Grand Festivals. Although this does not guarantee anything, it does hint that May will win and later return to Johto. Otherwise, revealing that little tidbit will have been redundant.

Rocketshipper said:
They don't need to "introduce" anyone new. They can just pull the same thing they did with Richie and Harrison in the leagues; have May beat, or lose to, some totally random trainer with no lines or purpose but to be on screen for 30 seconds while the announcer says something like "looks like May has defeated <insert name here> and won the tournament" or "looks like <random name> has defeated May and won!!"
It is strange for you to argue in favor of this possibility, as it no doubt presents a very bland outcome. As a counter-argument, it is worth noting that the Wallace Cup clearly takes second place to the Grand Festival, rather than being an independent event in the vein of the Whirl Cup and Tag Battle Tournament. Considering that Ash and Paul did the win the latter competition, it should not be a problem whatsoever for either May or Dawn to win this one.

The four players advancing into the Semifinals of the Wallace Cup are: Dawn, May, Zoey, and someone named カイト/Kaito who has beaten Ash. In the Semifinal, Dawn will be battling Kaito with her Piplup.

The four players advancing into the Semifinals of the Wallace Cup are: Dawn, May, Zoey, and someone named カイト/Kaito who has beaten Ash. In the Semifinal, Dawn will be battling Kaito with her Piplup.

Hmm. So May Vs Dawn is the final. So logically May beats Zoey in the other semi-final (anyone else get the feeling we won't see that fight? :banghead: ).

Haruka beating Nozomi should be awesome to watch. (And that could be construed as some kinky innuendo...)

Looks like Satoshi didn't wind up making it too far. I wonder what Kaito will be like. It's good they at least introduced one new character for this arc.

Aww, crap! I was hoping Hikari would defeat Satoshi here, but it seems they don't want that to happen. Now to see who this Kaito person is and what is his partner.

Well at least Haruka and Nozomi will be facing off. Hopefully we see their battle instead of skipping it.

So Ash loses to someone new? That's fairly interesting. Nice to know May also beats Zoey. WTF can a Finneon do in battle anyway?

I want my 100 bucks from lisa,since they did make it to the final,
Hurray for Hikari beating Kaito already who beats ash,Boosting her confidence,As we predict Zoey going to lose either way,shes just here to show more of Harukas Skills she learned,(Since this Haruka Defeats Nozomi that means she Finnaly use another way to battle than Ash The Knukkle Head.
Ash losing probaly mean one thing(OverPowered in a contest while Kaito probaly showing off his Pokemon lol PRAISES HARUKA FOR NOT BATTLE LIKE ASH ANYMORE) Haruka vs Hikari Final Really Superb Lmao,This End up either Haruka Wins or a Draw,or Maybe a twist where Haruka lose on purpose at last atk from piplup didnt dodge it.If Dawn wins this could boost her Confidence high.I am seeing Jessie in the Gf after Last episode Lol.(Shes now a Definite Rival of Hikari.(But this 50% theory If she can make it to Gf)

I would have prefered to have Kengo instead of a new character.

I recall during Battle Frontier a lot of people complained that the writers just had Harley showing up as the rival and never bothered to make new rivals for Haruka. (Ogata and Wakana (both one shots who had brief cameos watching the GF) were the only ones we got)

So I'd imagine that's a reason why the writers are trying to avoid only having the established rivals show up.

So I'd imagine that's a reason why the writers are trying to avoid only having the established rivals show up.

That's all we've had up till now anyway. We're 76 episodes into Sinnoh and we haven't had any new one-shot rivals until this character.

Zoey literally shows up every other Contest, and Kenny has been in two of them. We also don't know if this character will be developed, given that his only purpose is to beat Ash and for Dawn to beat him.

That's all we've had up till now anyway. We're 76 episodes into Sinnoh and we haven't had any new one-shot rivals until this character.

Zoey literally shows up every other Contest, and Kenny has been in two of them. We also don't know if this character will be developed, given that his only purpose is to beat Ash and for Dawn to beat him.

That's true, but it's at least a step. And if this contest is getting 3 episodes dedicated to it, then I'd hope that he would get some development.

The Contest has a lot of characters and battling though that will eat up screentime. May is probably going to get a good portion of screentime just so the writers make use of her time here, and we already know we're going to see Ash and Dawn battle other people before the finals.

I really hope this arc isn't rushed but there does seem to be a hell of a lot going on in only 3 episodes. The summary also mentions Ash sees Azelf by the lake.

The summary also mentions Ash sees Azelf by the lake.[/QUOTE]

He does see it but its Shadow.It would take too much screentime if Azelf does appear infront of Ash,In the Game Tg attack near the end,so probaly Ash wouldnt see its Face till Later On. 120 Minutes or 60 Minutes=3 episodes its Enough for The Contest to be Show in A steady way,Wouldnt Rush it probaly.

I can't wait for this battle! I think it's going to be intense. I think May most likely will win but I prefer a tie for story and plot reasons. It's sad that they only get to use water pokemon only because I would like to see more pokemon but hopefully Wartortle vs. Piplup would still be good.

Ahh...another wasted opprotunity to have Marina appear...what do the writers have against Johto?

Anyway, I can see Brock or Paul seeing Uxie. Though it would be better if it where Brock so he would have something to do, plus the wisdom/emotion/will complex.

Ash=Will
Dawn=Emotion (?)
Brock=Wisdom

We shouldn't assume Kaito is a one shot... he might be a recurring rival too
I know we have enough but still it's possible

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom