• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP087: The Koduck Roadblock!

It's been the old Kaze no Message for a while now, since the Swinub-Gliscor special.

The Muk storyline kinda seemed wedged in to me. I wonder what song PUSA will come up w/ to replace Takeshi no Paradise.

I wonder what song PUSA will come up w/ to replace Takeshi no Paradise.
Who's to say they won't keep it? Most of the time whenever a character is actually singing, they'll keep the music and just dub over the lyrics (like Team Rocket had that song in the Steamboat Willies episode, and Takeshi no Paradise has been kept in the 4Kids dub).

He can barely handle Brock talking w/o sounding like he's lifting a heavy box.

I thought that rule was only for episode discussions.

Last edited:
I repeat my question: Anybody can tell me which were the attacks used by the Muks of this episode?.

Who's to say they won't keep it? Most of the time whenever a character is actually singing, they'll keep the music and just dub over the lyrics (like Team Rocket had that song in the Steamboat Willies episode, and Takeshi no Paradise has been kept in the 4Kids dub).

They'll dub the singing when Brock is *actually* singing, but the actual Takeshi's Paradise was also playing as background music for 1 min 10. 4Kids definatly didn't dub the song for that long, they only did for about 10 seconds. They don't need the song in the background so I wonder whether they'll actually dub the background song? Or perhaps just dub Brock actually singing and have random music in the background?

They apparently piss on Shirona and other game characters.

No Shirona. No Secret Potion. No key item.

Hence, no Shirona's grandma in Kannagi and no Ginga in Kannagi. Only the 2 episode Contest and then, leave the town.

HATE YOU, WRITERS!

If you didn't put Kouki into Movie 11, I would be already in your headquarters pulling a Beatrix Kido!
Uh, if you payed any attention to the Shirona episode, you'd no that Shirona HERSELF was heading to Kannagi Town, which could lead to a Shirona VS Akagi battle if we're lucky.

I've just finished watching the episode. Nothing really important happend, but it was really entertaining. It was really funny. Nice to see that Glion still has the same personality. Takeshi's Paradise coming out of the blue was really funny. It's nice to see that every Pokémon got some screentime except for Pachirisu and Sudowoodo.

640 x 480 images are up. BTW

This episode was a bit funnier than I thought it would be. What could have been a dire filler was made a bit more memorable by a couple of funny scenes.

What intrigued me was the fact that they made the Psyduck species completely respectable now. Raising families, guarding their young, battling competently. As much as I loved our favorite Psyduck, the fact is that when it was the main one on the show, competent Psyducks were the weird ones in comparison.

I totally wasn't expecting Satoshi to be the one to say "Chibi-Koduck!" when he saw the first of the babies.

The Betobeton scene at the end cracked me up.

And yes, Satoshi calling them Chibi Koduck was ultimate cuteness. And they were all such little cuties~

Glion's dependence on the wind sure is troublesome.

Anyone find it funny this ep featured two Pokemon already owned by main characters? Y'know, Psyduck and Muk? :p

Ash really needs to use his Muk again, I remember being so disappointed that he didn't use it in Battle Frontier. :/

Anyone find it funny this ep featured two Pokemon already owned by main characters? Y'know, Psyduck and Muk? :p

I don't get what's so weird about it. They haven't been featured recently and there's little chance that the "Original" Psyduck and Muk were going to appear.

Ash really needs to use his Muk again, I remember being so disappointed that he didn't use it in Battle Frontier. :/

It's not being used for the same reason that Kingler and most of his jotho captures aren't used anymore. They were handled badly and there isn't much else they could do with them now.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom