• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP088: Pokémon Summer School Course!!

Meh, too bad the Monferno doesn't seem to be Ash's but besides that this episode and arc seem like they'll be great still.

The rival can be any gender, so talking about them will be pretty hard. NO ONE was more gender confused than Roark!

Ahh I wish I wasn't on holiday when this episode airs! It looks so funny! Sleeping in school...reminds me so much of when I'm at college

Well since usually guys don't have eyelashes on pokemon, I would assume the rival is a girl but who knows. Either way, it looks like an interesting episode and I'm sure the arc is gonna be great!

I sure hope Dawn catches Grimer

Good to see Conway returning. Maybe there is hope for Brock and Holly after all~

You know in the scans the boy/girl rival is standing next to a Shinx, so I think he/she will have it as her pokemon.

As far as Monferno goes, Ash seems to be "holding" it in one of the pictures, but who knows at this point.

I'm starting to think Chimchar should've stayed with Paul, cause this is plain rediculious how they've handled it so far.

Not really; it's just like how Ash encountered another trainer's Grovyle before his Treeko evolved into one, and likewise with Sceptile.

I don't understand why so many people complain about Hikozaru when Naetle is the one who has really been shafted. Hikozaru had his own episode not too long ago, when was the last time Naetle did anything?

Hmm... I can't exactly remember, but Naetle having a major role in an episode seemed really long ago. If DP 64 counts, I think that was the last time it had a major role (mastering Energy Ball).

Not really; it's just like how Ash encountered another trainer's Grovyle before his Treeko evolved into one, and likewise with Sceptile.

The problem I have with this is it's too repetitive, I mean really must we always see the evo's of the pokemon before they evolve, really why can't they just let them evolve into the pokemon instead of showing them with other people since it makes it more boring when the pokemon become them since we see all they can do before they get to do it themselves.

That's why i wasn't enthusiastic about Gligar becoming Gliscor, and Turtwig (in the slim chance it happens) becoming torterra, because we've seen pretty much all that thier evo's can do and it's boring when/if they become them.

Rocket Girl said:
I don't understand why so many people complain about Hikozaru when Naetle is the one who has really been shafted. Hikozaru had his own episode not too long ago, when was the last time Naetle did anything?

Turtwig got an entire training arc to itself practically on the way to veilstone or did we forget that? Though considering that the move was futile in the one gym where it mattered one has to wonder if it was really worth it.

What the heck has Chimchar gotten since Ash got it, it's had only two episodes of exposure(more like one and a half given that gligar took up alot of time in the last episode from it as well.) and has not changed at all since Ash got it,everyone else has gotten new moves, or in Gligar's case got to evolve, Chimchar has gotten NOTHING of value since it was caught, and i'm starting to think maybe it should've stayed with Paul, cause it pretty much seems like it's capture was unnecessary.

Chimchar's getting the Torkoal treatment right now and unless they change things NOW they never will, we're halfway into this region and if they don't do something to soon to it and Turtwig they will suffer the same fate Totodile and Cyndaquil did, of course the writers could rush job them evo wise, but that's not good writing if they do that, and in Chimchar's case, it can't afford that unless it wants to be branded Charizard mk2.

Last edited:
Turtwig got an entire training arc to itself practically on the way to veilstone or did we forget that?

I know, but that was over 20 episodes ago. Hikozaru, however, has this ongoing arc with Shinji. It's guaranteed to get more screen time in the future. Who knows when Naetle will get to do anything important again.

I know, but that was over 20 episodes ago.

That's more consistant than what Chimchar gets.

Hikozaru, however, has this ongoing arc with Shinji. It's guaranteed to get more screen time in the future.

Yeah like another 20-30 episodes just like the first stretch and i'll bet someone else will interfere with it's time again like Gligar did.

Who knows when Naetle will get to do anything important again.

Turtwig did alot of things early on, so it can afford to stand down for a while, Chimchar on the other hand NEEDS something to prove it's capture wasn't wasted, and so far they haven't done anything yet to show that.

Would you rather have Chimchar be verbally and psychologically abused, or ignored but treated with respect. I think that if Chimchar was still with Paul, it would have evolved by now.

Paul: "You either turn into Monferno, or turn into Sharpedo food!" >=(

I think the reason people are getting impatient is because we're halfway through Sinnoh now. Ash has 4 badges, we're almost 100 episodes in.

If the writers don't start evolving the Pokemon now they're not going to get much screentime in their new forms. Turtwig has been here since DP5, its done plenty, I want to see it and Chimchar evolve already.

Not to mention they're especially anxious now that Movie 11 has passed, the evolving barrier is no longer there. I am growing concerned myself, that we face the real possibility of the anime being relegated back to it's non-evolving mantra.

They really shouldn't have evolved Gligar so soon. I hope Gliscor actually did stuff in movie 11 to justify evolving it so soon. I'm also sick of Turtwig. I'm sure the people who just watch the dub are as well.

They really shouldn't have evolved Gligar so soon. I hope Gliscor actually did stuff in movie 11 to justify evolving it so soon. I'm also sick of Turtwig. I'm sure the people who just watch the dub are as well.

Lex Luthor would like a word with you.

Are any pictures of Conway out?

Please direct all discussion of Pokémon evolutions/captures to this thread.

I do agree with you all though.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom