• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP088: Pokémon Summer School Course!!

Yay! Ash falls asleep in class! =D

I did that way too many times in my morning classes at college. XD!!

Anyway, Ash looks so cute, asleep in his chair like that. XD I can't wait to see what else Ash does in this episode!! ^_^

Strange that we see Muk in Dp 87 and Grimer in DP 88.It's like the writers now remember that they existed. When was the last time we saw a Grimer anyway?

I think the last time we saw a Muk was when Ash return from Hoenn.

It would be interesting to see if TR would enter this whole school thing as well or just try to steal the Pokemon. Hopefully, it's the former.

Yea, I want them to enter as well. Jessie could hopefully get a rental Stunky and James a rental Snover. Then one of the pairs could bond and get really close and maybe someone will get to keep..?(wishful thinking)

Last edited:
or they could just join it and then run off with their rental pokemon

Conway got Shinx
Fillerguy got Monferno
Ash got Raichu
Dawn got Grimer + Magnemite

Thats what I can determine from the utube preview :eek:

Ash renting a Raichu? Guess now we'll be able to see what it would of been like if Pikachu decided to evolve.

I'm pretty sure Brock's the one who got the Magnemite; it's always right next to him, and it wouldn't make much sense for Dawn to get two.

What makes me most excited about this episode is that Kohei/Conway returns in this episode. I thought his personality made him awesome so I can't wait to see more of him.

Conway has the potential to be the "Harley" of DP, of course I don't mean in the same exact way since Harley is unique, but I mean in a way that he brings the same type of excitement or humor to the series.

Its just a shame he doesn't seem to be a regular rival, it seems like he'll only appear in these mini-tournament things.

^ Maybe Conway will start to show up often. I mean there's reason why the writers brought him back for this arc. And he is a great character to see interact with Ash and Dawn. Besides, knowing that Dawn's rivals aren't as great as May's were...Conway's needed. So it's great to see him back!

Kohei/Conway is cool. I'd like to see more of him. And Hikari/Dawn has a chance of catching something new, due to the fact in the arc with Kohei/ Conway someone (Satoshi/Ash) captures something new :)

Well Conway's comment about Team Galactic (wasn't it?) during his first appearance was pretty cryptic, so I thought it was kind of obvious he'd be returning at some point.

(If I already said that in this thread, sorry.) :p

Well Conway's comment about Team Galactic (wasn't it?) during his first appearance was pretty cryptic, so I thought it was kind of obvious he'd be returning at some point.

(If I already said that in this thread, sorry.) :p
I don't recall Conway making any comment about Team Galactic, although he mentioned Veilstone City.

Kohei/Conway is cool. I'd like to see more of him. And Hikari/Dawn has a chance of catching something new, due to the fact in the arc with Kohei/ Conway someone (Satoshi/Ash) captures something new :)

Ash already has 6 Pokemon (a trainer's limit) on his current team. Dawn caught a Pokemon 3 episodes ago. Brock however might keep that Magnemite.

Yes, Kohei is back. He was cool back in the tag tournament so I don't mind seeing him back. The episode itself looks like it's going to be fun. Grimer "devouring" Pochama looks hilarious, much like what Ash's Muk does to Professor Oak. I doubt any captures are going to be made in this episode though.

Gee whiz, Pochama really does come before Team Rocket in the credits now.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_200808071900.html

It might just be a typo, but TV Tokyo lists Together as the opening, not Together 2008.

It doesn't look like the summery says anything new.

It's strange. This summary doesn't list any additional characters.

Wasn't this episode supposed to be featuring Aoi, the filler green-haired girl and Yuuzou, the Nanakamado's assistant from before (he appeared in EP001 and had his dub name cruelly omitted)?

I guess for whatever reason they're not important enough to get credited for their characters, just as additional voices.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom