• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP088: Pokémon Summer School Course!!

^ There are three teams. Red, Blue, and Green I'm assuming. So that's the part at the end of the episode. I knew there would be teams but I didn't realize it until now that the ending was the formation of these teams. So it seems that the Red team is Ash, Aoi, Dawn, and Brock, while Conway is on one team (either blue or green), and Jessie is in another (the team that's not Red or Conway's).

Conway is in the green team and Jessie is in the Blue team. I found this out from the episode summary that pokeani put up. It also says who voiced who of that as well.

Ash thought Aoi was a boy in the beginning of the ep (just like he did with Anabel) and since she kinda liked him, anybody think Ash might be a potential love interest for Aoi? I dunno, they seem kinda close, and if somebody's seen the next ep's preview, their faces are practically smushed against eachother...
Monferno has attitude problems.

Ash thought Aoi was a boy in the beginning of the ep (just like he did with Anabel) and since she kinda liked him, anybody think Ash might be a potential love interest for Aoi?

They seem to be great rivals and good friends, but that's about as far as it goes.

I suppose it might be cute, but it'd feel a bit of a rehash to me.

Anybody knows why Aoi and Ash were upset at the end of the episode after the Professor said something?.

Anybody knows why Aoi and Ash were upset at the end of the episode after the Professor said something?.

It was their fault that their team (the red team) had the lowest score because Ash and Aoi were arguing a few times and they slept during class.

wtb subbers.... gah i hate that no one subs the new eps T_T

They seem to be great rivals and good friends, but that's about as far as it goes.

I suppose it might be cute, but it'd feel a bit of a rehash to me.

True, but what isn't a rehash these days?

I think its a cute idea. I'd LOL If she kissed Ash in the endXD

Um does any one know of a place where I can find screen caps for this episode? Can't freakin find a place =[

Thank you.

DB subs Naruto in less than a day.

I think Dogasu said it before, but their aren't enough Pokemon fans that know enough Japanese to sub episodes, and if they do they may not have the time or the subbing programs to sub in a few hours like DB does.

This episode was pretty great. Its eps like this that make Pokemon fun. Good human characters with funny personalities, and memorable Pokemon.

Its such a shame that this kind of quality can't be consistent, even DP has some truly horrible filler at points, (see: the cake making Pikachu episode, or the Swinub trio filler at the hot springs), but its eps like these that prove the Pokemon writers can be really great at what they do.

If all eps were like this, I doubt Pokemon (as a show in general) would get as bashed as much as it does by people.

>>>DB subs Naruto in less than a day.

I was going to state that, but DB's subs are full of ridiculous mistakes that could have easily been avoided if they weren't so dang rushed. As for the more recent ones, they've porbably got more people working with them and helping them than PM subs. :p

Wait, so if you think everything's a rehash nowadays, you want MORE rehashes?

This episode easily gets a 9/10 from me. I love this episode. It was really funny to watch and I like the personalities of the rental Pokemon.

dp088-123.gif

Grimer and Hikari are hilarious. I've never expected that Raichu would be that shy.
The return of Kohei is really nice and he's still the usual creep.

640x480 images are up too.

Btw, what is that card game Ash and co played during the night? I've seen other animes playing that exact same game.

This episode has now been subbed by the same group that subbed The Koduck Roadblock. I suggest to check it out, the ep is much funnier when you understand the dialogue.

The subbing team:
(#dats, www.dats.us)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom