• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP089: Research Presentation: "Legend of the Lake"!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
- We have another swimsuit episode
- A Kibanha jumps out of the water
- The group is led into a cave
- Kouhei's Yadoking makes an appearance
- Two glowing things are seen in the water

This episode airs on August 14, 2008 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Last edited:
Google translate of the TVTOKYO site:

Fare <Plot story> POKEMONSAMASUKURU third program is watching Pokemon. Near the lake's water type Pokemon and their interaction, an observation that every teacher to the class to announce it. So, immediately went to the lake-Sato Co., who was the lake behind the sudden brightness of light blue, why the mallow KORINKU is gone.

seems like Shinx went missing or something.

Seems like the pokemon are getting hypnotized it seems? I mean Shinx, Pikachu, and Piplup all had blank stares until stopped. Guess that would be Lumineon's doing.

But anyway it's great to see Conway using Slowking and him battling. Seems like another interesting episode. The only question I have is will Ash and co. have their rental pokemon with them or no? Because it seems that the rental pokemon were only for last episode (which is kinda sad since I liked some of them).

This looks to be an intresting episode. Ash using his Buzile to go threw the waters is cool. I like the animation too and it looks like the other characters get big parts.

This episode seems quite interesting. Something seems to be hypnotizing the Pokemon and the glowing blue light in the water... must be Lumineon right?

by the way, what's the name of ash's new friend, with his shinx and rented monferno?

Here are some preview screen shots from Pokemon Sunday

jugonjm4.jpg

todogglerjt2.jpg

sakurabyssyv1.jpg

chonchieik2.jpg

Its cool to be seeing all of these pokemon together in one ep, especially since we see them once in a blue moon.

If these are more rentles, seeing Ash with that kind of a Pokemon should be intresting...
Pikachu under water without a breathing mask? Won't it drowned? Wait a minute, none of them have breathing masks on. Than agian, its understandable for the humans becuase they can hold their breaths, oh I guess Pikachu too. But couldn't it shock every one? So confusing.

Oh great another swimsuit episode. The pearlshippers will come in the dozens.

Conway is a pervert stalker, that's it. Well, I think this means that we'll see him in other arcs in the future.

DP 089 "Research Presentation 'Legend of the Lake'!"

Impressions:
- Continuing the summer school arc, Satoshi and Co. visit a lake where Pokémon are being hypnotized.
- We have underused Pokémon galore.
- Funny that Musalina has minions working for her other than Kojiro and Nyarth.
- Kouhei freaks me out whenever he comes in outta nowhere, especially near Hikari.
- A Neorant was behind everything.
- And they do a report on it that fascinates Nanakamado-Hakase

This episode was a little better that last week's episode in terms of plot. Kouhei sure likes to scare the crap out of Hikari. The animation has dropped a tiny bit in quality but it is still good. The music is alright but nothing with any singing. Overall, I give this episode an 8.2/10

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom