• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP089: Research Presentation: "Legend of the Lake"!

I know she suspects Jessie, but the fact that what she said didn't just full out blow her cover...just so dense that it hurts. Ah, but whatever.

Yanmega was actually stronger as a Yanma O_O.

Did Jessie blackmail those kids into being her servants? I bet bossing around a bunch of kids under 10 years old makes her feel real strong.

This episode wa kinda boring but it was good anyway.
-Conway snuck up on Dawn way too many times in this episode. I agree with everyone who's calling him creepy. He wouldn't even let her use her pokedex..
-Jessie has to boss around someone wherever she goes it seems

Like I said: good, I'd give it 7.5/10

Haha, I love Conway! He's so weird! Being the Pokedex and everything. Spying on Dawn while she was swimming was creepy though. Yup, Creepy Conway is a fitting name.

creepy glasses
creepy pyjamas/dresses.

Oh yeah, I remember he was wearing a nightdress last episode, too! Haha. But I love the glasses thing, he should blind someone sometime XD I think Max used to do the same thing, though.

Creepy Conway rocked! This episode may not have much going on but Conway was awesome with the whole stalking Dawn. Heck, he was even freaked out by the thunderstorm too which was funny. And Ash's and Aoi's drawings were pretty funny to look at as well.

Yeah, there were parts of this ep that were kinda boring but the Conway and Jessie scenes made the episode.

I'm a bit disappointed the rental Pokemon from the previous ep weren't in this, no Grimer or Raichu. :(

The next ep looks a bit more interesting at least. I'd hate for this school arc to start off with an awesome episode and then turn into a dull set of fillers...hopefully the next two parts are much better.

Kouhei when he was swimming underneath the others staring up at Hikari, using those little breathing devices (the others were not), and whenever he acted as her personal Zukan were some of the BEST scenes.
And yes, Kouhei acting cool and then being startled by the sound of thunder was hilarious (unfortunately, I must admit I acted in a similar manner the first time I heard thunder a few years back. ^^; )

I also loved when Hikari remembered his Yadoking's Mamoru from the Tag Battle Tournament.

Musarina was hilarious as usual.

I love Aoi and Satoshi picking at eachother's drawings. xD

Aww, they always seem to get in trouble in the end! ^^;

The art is really nice. Is this the new guy? It's lovely! Especially the close-ups. ^^ Not bad at all, slightly bland, but that's fine~

This episode isn't as good as the previous episode, but the Hikari and Kohei parts made that up a little. Kohei is still creepy. Best part would be the part with the thunder.

Musarina on the other hand was rather anoying in this episode. Even though she has that attitude on regular base, somehow I find it extra anoying in this epsiode. Perhaps it's because not much happend in this episode.

the thing that disappointed me the most was that lumineon was only shown for a single slide and thats all! I mean it being the star of the episode, it owes more screen time, don't you think? Hopefully Zoey's finneon will evolve and make up for it...

Looking at the screenshots, it seems that they've done a lot to Conway's creepyness than before in the Tag Battles. His Slowking looks really tough. He'd look great in contests, and if he became a rival, then he'd definitely be one of those rivals to look forward to, next to Kenny.

Quick question: is Musashi going by Musalina in these episodes?

Quick question: is Musashi going by Musalina in these episodes?

I'm almost sure she actually called herself Musarinda
So if I'm not wrong she used a new alias even if very close to Musarina (and that makes sense since she wore a completely different disguise and that also wasn't a Contest or something similar to Contest)

You guys thought this episode was boring?? Really?

This episode was all kinds of awesome.

If this is the second episode with Conway, he was really the only interesting thing about this ep. The other 3 school arc eps were much better.

Does Conway kind of remind anyone else of Harley, just a little more toned down?

Scott85 said:
Does Conway kind of remind anyone else of Harley, just a little more toned down?
But they're considerably different. Harley is a flamboyant adult who likes to trick Haruka, while Kouhei is a stalking nerd and at most kinda declares rivalry with Hikari.

Though I suppose Kouhei kinda reminds me of Harley, but it's indescribable.

Edit: Actually they do have a similar characteristic/connection. Both act oddly, which helps spice up the episodes they appear in. Wiggling hips or weird laughs anyone? :p

Last edited:
Eh...I think this is one of those episodes where understanding the dialogue really helps things out. Because I thought it was great.

I'm curious to see how many people's opinions on this episode change when the dub of this episode comes out (even if some things - like Musalinda's unique speech pattern - are most likely going to be left out)...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom