• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP090: It's Ghost Time After School

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 090 "It's Ghost Time After School"

- Everyone goes out at night to find ghost Pokémon
- The ghost Pokémon go around scaring people
- Nyarth is seen in a ripped Juppeta costume
- Yonoir makes its debut
- Some freaky hand is seen
- Satoshi is seen holding Aoi's hand in order to prevent her from flying away
- A freaky eye that glows

Airs August 21, 2008 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo

Last edited:
I hope Dan Green will play Dusknoir when this one gets dubbed. I used his Yami voice when reading his lines in MD2.

That hair in the last picture... Team Galactic?!

Can't be, but it does look similar...

Also, Dusknoir is badass to the extreme.

The last two episodes haven't been very interesting to me, but this looks like it'll be a good one. Nyasu dressing up as Juppeta should be quite amusing. :)

This looks interesting. I wonder if that mysterious girl is a ghost pokemon or something totally different. Her look upclose kinda reminds me of Sabrina a little bit.

Anyway Conway being attacked and Aoi being swept away sounds cool...can't wait to see how Ash and co. are going to deal with the ghosts.

I hope it's something totally different. For example someone who has already passed away. Preview looks promising, can't wait to see this episode.

remember the gastly episode back from kanto, where the gastly used to disguise as a soul of a dead girl....i am sensing something similar here...

Haunter grabbing Kolink's tail

kolinkjx4.jpg

The mysterious girl seems to be a ghost herself, or someone who has psychic powers like Sabrina.

ghostgirlkc8.jpg

Yah I was going to say some thing about that, reminds me of that saga. The girl does look spookey though, no wonder Ash and Aoi and the gang are freaked out. Its cool that Conway and Aoi are involved with this stuff ^^

This episode wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Dusknoir really being a good guy has been done too many times, though I really liked the use of movie 10 music they used for it. The creepy girl was good, but there wasn't really too much to her. My favorite part had to be the Nyasu dressing up as Juppeta and getting freaked out by Dusknoir scene. It feels like Nyasu hasn't done anything in awhile, and it was nice to see him be humorous on his own.

I'll be glad when this arc finishes up next week. The whole thing has just been mediocre at best, but at least it's better than just four fillers in a row.

DP 090 "It's Ghost Time After School"

Impressions:
- I laughed so hard at the guy flexing his chest to partner up with Hikari.
- Everyone is told to go in a forest with ghost Pokémon and find a treasure.
- Chest-flexer is so scared that he runs away at the sight of ghost Pokémon.
- Yonoir seems to have issues with the ghost girl.
- The ghost girl seems to be tricking people to go into a portal.
- Hearing the ghost girl with a really low voice is freaky.
- This episode reminds me a little bit of Movie 10 with Yonoir being similar to Darkrai who was actually the good guy

This episode was had a promising plot. However, it seemed like the writers were recycling the "bad-looking guy is actually good" device used in Movie 10. The animation was quite good. The music had some of the Movie 10 soundtrack in it. Overall this episode deserves a 7.9/10.

Last edited:
Can somebody explain the story behind that girl.. I didn't really get it :(

This arc has been pretty mediocre so far. WTF was up with that Pokemon disk commercial at the end? Do grown men really play with children's toys over in Japan?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom