• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP090: It's Ghost Time After School

The episode started out very promissing, the plot somehow lacked. As far as I could understand I don't think it was explained why ghost girl was trying to to lure people into going to the portal other than the girl saying "lets play" when tying to drag Aoi and Ash into the portal.
Same goes for Yonoir, when I think about it. It was being the good guy for no reason. If there was a link between that Pokémon and the girl, I would understand Yonoir actions. But I don't think there was any reason given.

I have to give credit that the girl sounded really creepy at the end.

The part really cracked me up:
Ash: we've found the treasure! (does the pose that Ash does when he earns a gym badge)
Aoi: that a cool pose!
Ash: let's do it again together
*does the pose together*

^_^;

The supernatural aspect in this episode was a plus. The first episode of the arc was the best. 7.5/10 in my book.

Last edited:
Ash: we've found the treasure! (does the pose that Ash does when he earns a gym badge)
*does the pose together*

Still haven't seen the ep, since I'd rather watch a good quality version than the one on youtube, but that sounds funny. It reminds me of when Tracey caught Scyther and Ash was teaching Tracey how to "properly" pose in celebration. XD

*does the pose together*

^_^;

Did they really do that? I want a shot of that pose!

I giggled at that posing-bit. It really is one of Ash's funny trademarks XD

That little girl was creepy. Especially how her head was too big for her little body, plus how her face seemed to be WAY older than what the rest of her appearance should indicate. Nice concept, really.

The episode really lacked some sort of... I dunno, something that would make you sink into your chair of sheer anxiety about everything. Some POW!-factor, or what you'd call it.
However, even though it could have been more intense, the episode was still good. Creepy and funny at the same time.

I'll be glad when this arc finishes up next week. The whole thing has just been mediocre at best, but at least it's better than just four fillers in a row.

Not really, cause without anything plot changing it's the same practical concept.

It is kinda sad this arc can't deliver up to the hype it received before it aired unlike the last two arcs, not to mention this episode didn't really have all that good of a plot since there was no explaination for the girl and who or what she was, and while I liked seeing Dusknoir in action they could've done it better.

Mii~

I think that the girl was Darkrai.
Her girly voice was switched to a manly voice,the one that sound like the voice darkrai had in the movie. And when she was hit by dusknoir attack she changed into a shadow and then vanished.

Did they really do that? I want a shot of that pose!

Here you go.

dp090-badgepose.jpg

Eh, it seems like I'm set aside from the majority in that I actually enjoyed the episode. True, parts of it were predictable, but it was a really fun episode.

I'm making this my icon by 10:00 Eastern time. That's about 5 hours from now. If you want this as your icon, do it before then. I won't be mad.

This episode wasn't that exciting but it was the best in this arc so far, IMO. The posing part was a bit funny, also when Dusknoir freaked out Meowth. The girl was creepy as heck. Trying to lure everyone to that cavern.

Can anyone explain what Proffesor Rowan said about the ruins that the girl lead Ash and Aoi to? I have no idea what he was saying during that scene.

I actually really liked this episode, I thought it was a bit better than the previous ep. Maybe I just love all the ghost-themed eps.

One thing though...

What's with all these guys hitting on Dawn in every episode now? That muscle-bound guy was clearly trying to flirt with her, between that and Conway staring at her in her swimsuit last week, plus Kenny blushing over her, plus Zoey's implied innuendo...I think the writers are trying to pull a fast one.

I understand the writers like to do these one-shot flirting things in the anime, (just look at Ash and Aoi), but with Dawn they're starting to go overboard.

Seriously?

That is so disturbing. Yet, adorable!

EDIT: Mitsuki was so cute. Poor kid, but I'm glad he got Takeshi for a partner. ^^

The ghost never got a name, as far as I can tell.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom