• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP091: The Final Contest! Pokémon Triathlon!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 091 "The Final Contest! Pokémon Triathlon!!"

[bp=DP091]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Everyone participates in a partnered triathlon
- Satoshi is seen riding a Baneboo
- Iwark is seen for the 50th time
- Satoshi and Aoi perform a ninja flip off a Laplace
- Aoi seems to blush a bit when looking at Satoshi in a cave

Airs August 28 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo

*My screen shots were lagging so I tried my best to pick the good ones.*

Hahah, Ash on Spoink looks absolutely hilarious. What were the writers on when they thought up that?

Oh, and Brock gets an Onix.

HA I knew Aoi would fall for Ash by the end of this school arc, it seems to happen a lot for tome boys, whats up with that? LOL. Either way its a hints for us Aoi/Ash shippersXD
Can't wait for this episode. It does look so funny LOL.

I can't wait. Looks like a fun episode, especially with Ash riding on Spoink haha! Can't wait to see what else is in store with this Triathalon. Also, more importantly...who wins.

EDIT: Ok so here are my guesses/confirmations on the pokemon being used:

Ash-
Spoink
Mantyke
Pikachu

Brock-
Onix
Feraligatr
(Most likely Croagunk)

Dawn-
Dodrio
Sharpedo
(Most likely Piplup)

Aoi-
(unknown)
Lapras
Shinx

Conway-
(unknown)
(unknown)
Slowking

Jessie-
(unknown)
(unknown)
Seviper

Last edited:
Woho Feraligator makes another one of its rare cameos :eek: Brocks rides it in the water.

Haha, Kouhei went from creepy to cooky XD

Cooky!Kouhei. Got a nice ring to that too.

Man, Ash always ends up with some comedy-relief what with the Spoink and all. Lovely. Just lovely ~

Buuuuut the whole Aoi-blushing-oh-love-is-in-the-AIR bit really... eh, was kinda expectable, plus it's funny with the summer-school-romance concept it'll probably end as (for Aoi's behalf, anyway). Yet... Eh, they just better not make it corny.

This episode looks great. lol at Ash riding spoink and its nice to see a Feraligatr. I hope Conway doesn't run like that often=P. Its also nice to see Jessie using Seviper since we haven't seen it in a while.

I wonder how the whole aoi thing is going to end.

Ash leaves, says he can't wait to battle Aoi again, and she'll either...

-Never see him again
-Show up semi-regularly like Casey used to (and Conway seems to want to)

Those are my guesses, at least.

Last edited:
I guess the latter.

Speaking of it,DP has a rather large cast of those people now..
nando,conway,and I think Aoi.

Not counting the large amount of rivals...

Jeez, Brock racing on an Onix is the most unoriginal thing ever. I always hate it when the writers do things like that, it always feels like an insult to the old seasons.

I bet Brock won't even mention his old Onix/Steelix in the ep.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom