• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP091: The Final Contest! Pokémon Triathlon!!

true,but aoi is pretty important to this arc.
Chances are that she pops up way later for something else.
DP is suprising until now,so...

You are saying that a character's popularity is a decising factor whatever a character reapears or not?

Probably, why wouldn't it? Popular characters always make a return because the writers know the fanbase like them. It wouldn't surprise me if Conway returned because people liked him in the previous arc.

Most people notice how the most popular Pokemon characters tend to get the best treatment from the writers, and continue to get brought back, while the characters that are just "so-so" or "boring" end up being swept under the carpet and forgotten about entirely.

Its happened in all the previous seasons, DP is not any different.

Probably, why wouldn't it? Popular characters always make a return because the writers know the fanbase like them. It wouldn't surprise me if Conway returned because people liked him in the previous arc.

Most people notice how the most popular Pokemon characters tend to get the best treatment from the writers, and continue to get brought back, while the characters that are just "so-so" or "boring" end up being swept under the carpet and forgotten about entirely.

Its happened in all the previous seasons, DP is not any different.

What about Kenny and Nando then? Both of them are unpopular characters. Are they gonna get swept under the carpet and forgotten?

I don't think Kenny is that unpopular, and he's in the ending theme right next to Zoey so I don't see why they'd drop him.

The writers already established Dawn's rivals early on, so we're stuck with Zoey and Kenny at least for however long Dawn lasts as a main character.

Bringing character's in because they're popular is (hah) quite popular in anything meant for entertainment, especially in series that are ongoing.

Thought that was obvious . . ?

You are saying that a character's popularity is a decising factor whatever a character reapears or not?

Why do you think Brock ever returned? Everyone missed Brock and that's the reason why he returned. (That was in the interview about someone who worked as a writer for 9 years) If no one missed him Prof Ivy would be his soul mate.

another thing, Piplup became a mascot because of his popularity. I also heard that the reason why Ash got Buizel because the audience wanted Ash to get Buizel(though that is just what i heard)

So yea popularity DOES matter.

Why do you think Brock ever returned? Everyone missed Brock and that's the reason why he returned. (That was in the interview about someone who worked as a writer for 9 years)

First of all he was a storyboard artist, not a writer. Secondly, Takeshi returned because the writers realized that Americans didn't think he was a racial stereotype.

The last DP episode I saw was the Pokemon Stylist episode, so I'm not quite sure what's going on at this point:

-So is Aoi a boy or a girl? I really can't tell at all.

- Cold opening's a recap.

- Nanakamado-Hakase explains the rules for the triathalon. Before each station of the race, each contestant picks a Monster Ball and has to use whatever pokemon's inside for that portion of the race. When they get to the next station, they switch.

- Kouhei appears and tells Hikari that he's chosen her as his main rival in the competition.

- OMG...Hikari just put Potchama into its Monster Ball!

- Well that's an awkwardly drawn starter gun. You know that if this was a Kanto episode, that would have been a real pistol.

- Musashi's pokemon is a Kaburadon, and she's not happy with it. Satoshi has Baneboo, Aoi has Ariados, Takeshi has Iwaku, and Hikari has Dodrio.

- lol at Satoshi riding on Baneboo as it hops around.

- The Gablias kid is cracking me up for some reason.

- Kouhei has a Dugtrio in this race. It's pretty funny how it takes him underground and then pops up every now and then.

- For the water portion, Aoi has Lapras, Satoshi has Tamanta, Hikari has Samehadaa, Takeshi has Ordile, and Kouhei has Buoysel. LOL at Kouhei going underwater with his pokemon...

- Wow...Musashi's waaaay behind. And her water pokemon is...Koiking. A surprisingly strong Koiking.

- For the last leg, everyone gets to use their own pokemon.

- Musashi's Koiking is able to pull her ahead of everyone else.

- And now Kouhei is fanboying Musashi...hilarious.

- And now, lol at the way Kouhei's running away from the battle. I think I might have a new favorite character.

- It's so weird to see people other than the Rocket-Dan in a hot air balloon.

- And...Satoshi wins. And he gets a plaque written in Tajirian to commemorate it.

- OK...random bonfire at the end-of-school party.

- And Kojirou and Nyasu forgot to steal the school's Monster Balls. Whoops.

- "Boku no Best Friend"'s playing...it's always nice to hear underused songs like that.

- Satoshi and Aoi vow to meet again. Will they actually do it?

Orchid-Hakase lecture: Mukuhawk

Was it me, or were there many Kanto music used?

LECTURE WUZ FUNNY. XDDD

Anyway... I quite liked this one, especially with that major ownage in the first part of the race. XD

EDIT: Aoi's a girl, by the way, Dogasu.

DP 091 "The Final Contest! Pokémon Triathalon!!"

Impressions:

In a rush in right know so I can't give a summary (Edit: Dogasu is back, no need to). The animation was great. Music such as Symphonic Melody and Boku no Best friend, though already used in DP make their return. The plot was probably the best in this arc.
Overall this episode deserves a 8.4/10.

Sorry, no time for screens.

Maybe it's because I had low expectations for this episode, but I really liked it. Definitely my favorite of the four. Just a fun, lighthearted, goofy episode. Creepy Kouhei MUST return! Everything he did was hilarious. Everything Musashi did was great as well. I'm not sure who I liked more.

Boy was it nice to see a lecture again. If I see another movie 11 ad I'm gonna scream.

Kouheiiiii~ <3

I really wanna see this episode soon! It sounds hilarious. xD

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom