• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP091: The Final Contest! Pokémon Triathlon!!

Yes, she's a girl, Dogasu.

She was fun while she lasted~ (maybe she'll show up again. Or Kouhei. <3)

1219317627_0040.jpg

yay for lectures again!

Why does Ash always come in first or second in every non league competition he's in? If the lectures are back, that must mean the summer really is ending.

They played Route 27 in the beginning of the episode!

best.route.bgm.ever.

Last edited:
Orchid-Hakase lecture: Mukuhawk

Wow, when the last time we seen a Pokemon lecture, 3 months ago?

Boy was it nice to see a lecture again. If I see another movie 11 ad I'm gonna scream.

Actually, I'm the same way, I was getting sick of seeing Movie 11, they shoved down our throats too long, and Crystal Kay's song gets too annoying after played so many times. So THANK YOU LECTURES!

This episode is sounding great so far, I can't wait to see it later tonight.

Not enough with route 27, they even used that BGM when Charmeleon evolves into Charizard from oldschool Kanto!

Hmm.. Conway didn't get a farewell scene. Maybe this means he will follow the group and stalk them? :D

This episode was really good, but a bit rushed towards the end.

-Wow, a lot of old BGM in this episode. I love the music, but GET THE CHEAP BADGES MEMORY OUT OF MY HEAD! Horn...aim for...Gloom...Double Edge Pidgeotto OHKOing Rhyhorn...Electric>Rock....AAAAAAHHHH!

-During this arc, we had Venonat, good drawing, Lapras, riding down an icy hill, guys actually hitting on the female of the group, and a nerd. If I didn't know any better, I swear we were in the Orange Islands.

-I noticed Conway didn't have a proper goodbye, so I guess he'll be free to stalk Dawn and be a giant nerd forever. But seriously, I hope he comes back and hopefully does contests. And he and Harley meet. That would be epic. Nerds and gays all in one room.

-And Aoi got a proper sendoff, so I'm guessing we'll never see her again like Anabel. Ah Ash, 20 more years of being a moron, I hope you can handle it. Other than Dawn riding a Shar.PEDO and The World's Strongest Magikarp's brother, The World's Fastest Magikarp, it was a pretty decent arc.

Oh well, at least we got to see everyone have fun with pokes that are not their own.

I loved all of the older music that was used in this episode.

Conway is a riot, I hope he comes back more.

You think that Spoink was a throwback to Torkoal? Now I miss it again. Why did Conway use Slowking for a race? He must haave faster 'mons. Poor Seviper, getting flung around like a rubber toy. Brock should have had Hapinny hurl him across the finish line.

Conway should just replace Brock. He gets more screen time than him in the episodes where he appears. The fans like him more, and he actually uses strategy.

Last edited:
I agree with Duckgon, Aoi got such a big farewell that I don't think we'll ever see her again. Whenever a character gets some kind of huge goodbye we tend to be saying goodbye permanently with few exceptions, so she might not come back.

Conway didn't get a final scene, so he's almost definitely going to return.

Now if only they could bring Holly back, I'd like to see Brock leave the show with her by the end of DP.

They didn't really give Holly a big goodbye either, but they did sort of say that she left, so she has about a 50/50 chance of coming back. And yes, please take Brock with her.

They didn't really give Holly a big goodbye either, but they did sort of say that she left, so she has about a 50/50 chance of coming back. And yes, please take Brock with her.
It seems almost perfect, doesn't it? There are feelings between both of them, and they're both breeders. With all the foreshadowing this season, I think the writers have been setting up Brock's departure.

It seems almost perfect, doesn't it? There are feelings between both of them, and they're both breeders. With all the foreshadowing this season, I think the writers have been setting up Brock's departure.

The writers have teased us with Brock's departure for years but he always comes back.

I really, really hope this is Brock's last region. I still like the character but there's no point of putting him in every damn saga when he does pretty much nothing in 90% of the episodes he's in.

To think people hated on Tracey just because they wanted Brock back, and now we want the opposite. Go figure.

Tracy still had cooler Pokemon than Brock. Brock's Pokemon didn't even get personalities till season 6, even then it was only two Pokemon.

Last edited:
Not enough with route 27, they even used that BGM when Charmeleon evolves into Charizard from oldschool Kanto!

Haha I loved all the old music they used this episode, so much nostalgia! Route 27 (my absolute favourite route, too, just in front of Route 207). I was really surprised by the RBY Gym Theme which I don't think we've heard since the Johto league and "Pokemon getto da ze!" was cool to hear too because it's just so upbeat.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom