• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP092: Back to Basics, Rocket-dan!?

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
- We see that the Rocket-Dan's gotten fat. We then see Sonansu with one of those fat-wobbling belts and Kojirou riding on an exercise bike.

- Later, we see Potchama shooting a bunch of bubbles, creating a Potchama-shaped pattern. We also see a shot of Hikari hugging her penguin pokemon.

-The Rocket-Dan have a nicely-animated shiny mecha.

Not those fat-wobbling belts! xD Do those things actually do anything at all?

I wouldn't be surprised if they got it from the Koiking salesman! But, he's too cheap for that. ^^;

Finally, a goofy Rocket episode. It's been much too long since we've seen one of these. Hopefully Potchama doesn't take up too much screen time. We really don't need to see some bonding moment between Hikari and Potchama. She needs to remember she has OTHER pokemon. Maybe the penguin wouldn't get so tired if she trained someone else for once.

Finally, a goofy Rocket episode. It's been much too long since we've seen one of these. Hopefully Potchama doesn't take up too much screen time. We really don't need to see some bonding moment between Hikari and Potchama. She needs to remember she has OTHER pokemon. Maybe the penguin wouldn't get so tired if she trained someone else for once.

I think that's the point of why Piplup collapsed from overexcessive training. Maybe Piplup being out constantly was leading to a plot point, where something like this would happen. So Dawn would finally use her other Pokemon.

While it could be that, at the same time, it's probably just out a lot 'cause it's popular. xD

This looks like it's going to be a hilarious episode.

I think you're giving the writers FAR too much credit ^^;;

Then the reason for Piplup collapsing from over-excessive training is to waste time? I suppose but why have a somewhat touching story between Piplup and Dawn in this particular episode?

Certainly they could fill up the episode with other stuff.

*shrugs* It could be just a random plot device to get everyone to a Pokemon Center or something. Just like how Haruka's Gonbe randomly got sick in that one Battle Frontier episode.

This just made me spit my lunch out with laughter.
It looks like a good episode I hope the turp's (spelling?) are only in it for a bit.

More pics from the preview with fat James:

1219317627_0043.jpg

That just spoils they're gonna lose the weight at the end! Just kidding, of course they are. Why couldn't Ambipom or Pachirisu get sick? THEY'RE the ones thet need the screentime! Dawn aready had her bonding with Piplup moment in episode 79. I was hoping TR would win the summer school, causing them to overeat. Then James would catch something while trying to lose weight.

God, why is Piplup a bigger attention whore than Pikachu? Oh, wow. More Piplup screentime, way to go writers. [/sarcasm]

Ignoring the blue whore, this episode looks pretty funny. Team Rocket episodes are usually funny, so this should be no exception.

Piplup promotion again, but not surprising.

Remember how back in Season 1 Ash would favor Pikachu over all his other Pokemon? Dawn and Piplup is just like Season 1 era Ash and Pikachu.

The thing is as the show went on, Ash stopped shoving Pikachu down our throats and used his other Pokemon. The problem is Dawn might only last until the 5th gen begins, so if we don't get to see Dawn use her other Pokemon now we'll never get to see it.

Hey, remember that random Swinub she captured? Swinub has barely done anything since its capture ep, and Pachirisu has been non-existant for awhile now. Ambipom also seems low-key lately.

Eh, its gotten to the point where I don't think it'll change now. Thank god Buneary got some screentime a bit of eps ago.

Last edited:
Swinub wanted Piplup's food in DP 085, 86 was all about Dawn and Buneary, it tried to fight the Psyduck, and NOBODY got screentime in the summer school arc. It still has two guarenteed evolutions in the furure. That cn't be said aout any of Dawn's other Pokemon.

Ooh, I wonder what this episode is gonna be about....

I'm curious! ^^

Anyway, this episode is sure to be hilarious. XD

I hope it will be similar to older episodes like, "Tanks A Lot", "The Wayward Wobbuffet" or "Plant It Now...Diglett Later!". I love episodes like that!! XD

My prediction though, is that this episode will be similar to "Dues and Don'ts" and be centered around Team Rocket.

Last edited:
Wow a Team Rocket centered episode, I hope it be good. And thats something new, losing weight, it looks good and funny. And why is Piplup in this? That penguin got enough screen time as it is, *sigh*.

What's that white thing standing by Dawn's other Pokemon? Surely it can't be Pachirisu, because all the Pokemon aren't out at once.

WHAT THE.

James on the exercise bike = I BE DEAD FOREVER.

If this won't have too much of the stupid penguin, it's going to be EPIC.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom