• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP093: Dancing Gym Leader! Enter Melissa!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
This episode airs on Thursday, September 11th.

- Melissa has a Fuwante who, later in the preview, we see evolve into a Fuwaride.

- She also seems to have a Mumage.

- Satoshi battles with his Buoysel, Hikozaru, and Pikachu.

- We see Fuwante beating up on Buoysel in one shot.

Buizel again, did Ash forget he has a Gliscor? I'll be ticked if Buizel takes the 5th badge or even takes Gliscor's place.

But I take it Buizel loses easily? Also I take it this is just a pre-gym match where Ash loses? I thought we were done with Ash losing to Gym Leaders?

Edit: Hopefully the match gets interrupted, and they'll have a real gym battle later on in Hearthome City. With Gliscor.

I think Chimchar is just going to turn up useless (They showed it look like it was confused or something) and Ash is going to loose in this episode. Maybe it's already been mentioned in episode summery previews, but that's what it looks like to me from the preview.

The summary mention Zoey so I guess she'll appear in this episode (since the last few episodes- the VA list only list the main characters so characters like Zoey aren't listed there anymore)

Google translation:
NOZOMI a certain town, Sato Co.-were reunited. NOZOMI when the contest is in the midst of battle. Partner, Jim YOSUGAJIMU Melissa leader. Jim is a leader in your own battle style to pursue a course of study for the trip to Melissa that the battle is SATOSHI apply for it.

Here's a really sleepy translation from the link.
"On the way to the pokemon center the Yosuga gym leader, Melissa runs into Satoshi and Co. They decide to battle immediately.

(more summary)
Also, the group runs into Nozomi who is in the middle of a Contest Battle. The Contest Battle is being observed by Melissa (as in with Melissa). It's a practice Contest Battle to improve her style on Melissa's travels. Satoshi challenges her to a battle, but the outcome is..."
That's the basics I think

Last edited:
First screenshot of Melissa = Cookie and something to drink

http://i33.tinypic.com/2074ysh.jpg

Seems like after this episode there's at least one break if not more
It'd be nice if someone who can read this will tell us what exactly going on
※9月18日は「TVチャンピオン2最終回SP」放送の為休檢
※9月25日・10月2日は放送未定
※10月9日は特番放送の為休檢
If I'm right than:
18.9 and 9.10 - no episode
DP 94 might air at 25.9 and if eventually it won't air than it'll air at 2.10 (similar to how Chimchar Tears' was gived two possible air dates and eventually aired on the second of them) if it'll eventually air at 25.9 than we might get another episode at 2.10

Again I'm not sure at all so someone who knows better than me should try and translate this

^
18/9 - break
25/9 - 1 hour sp
2/10 - break
9/10 - 1 hour sp or normal episode

thats what i can make out.

Just as I figured, Nando's been forgotten. Scott, I admit it, you were right---they dropped him like Casey.

I just hope Fantina is really campy now.

^
18/9 - break
25/9 - 1 hour sp
2/10 - break
9/10 - 1 hour sp or normal episode

thats what i can make out.

I hope you're right

Just as I figured, Nando's been forgotten. Scott, I admit it, you were right---they dropped him like Casey.

I think we should wait a little more until we decide such thing
It's simply that Paul/Zoey appear a lot while Kenny/Nando appear once in 3532 years - but they're still there
Since the last time we saw Nando he wanted to battle Fantina- I think we might see him when the group get to Hearthome again
I say we should wait at least until than before we decide anything

Buizel has become Ash's most used Pokémon lately, surpassing even Pikachu in terms of that. ._.

Turtwig used to be used a lot, but not any more. I just hope Buizel doesn't keep getting picked for battles - there are other Pokémon which he has as well. I'm getting a feeling the Flying-types have been ignored somewhat lately, in terms of battles.

I hope you're right

I think we should wait a little more until we decide such thing
It's simply that Paul/Zoey appear a lot while Kenny/Nando appear once in 3532 years - but they're still there
Since the last time we saw Nando he wanted to battle Fantina- I think we might see him when the group get to Hearthome again
I say we should wait at least until than before we decide anything

In the first 49 episodes of DP he appeared three times. We're nearing the completion of the second 49 and he's made no appearances....all while Zoey has made at least ten.

Paul at least is interesting and adds to his appearances. Zoey usually just shows up to yell at Dawn (Team Shocker! anyone?)

This episode looks nice. I didn't think Ash would have a practice match with Fantina though. I'm with dman_dustin in hoping the match gets interrupted because unofficial or not I don't want Ash to lose.

Nando could show up at random in the Grand Festival like Robert did.

Also, for someone who's supposed to be ultra feminine, Fantina sure is manly.

Difference is, Robert never purported being a rival and never was developed at all.

And yeah, she looks even more like a man now. I still think she's Tucker in drag.

So it was even *more* of a surprise to see Robert again. At least with Nando it wouldn't be random.

Fantina's meant to be somewhat old, isn't she? In DP Adventures, Hareta calls her "gramma". But here she looks maybe early 30s.

Maybe Fantina is a way of showing that feminine is a state of mind rather than a state of body. Or at least we can take it that way.

So it was even *more* of a surprise to see Robert again. At least with Nando it wouldn't be random.

Fantina's meant to be somewhat old, isn't she? In DP Adventures, Hareta calls her "gramma". But here she looks maybe early 30s.

Maybe Fantina is a way of showing that feminine is a state of mind rather than a state of body. Or at least we can take it that way.

When she was first revealed everyone I knew said she looked like Tucker. From the SPRITE. The official art and now her anime design don't help...and remember that both Fantina and Tucker are performance artists.

I wonder how her French will be portrayed.

Indeed. Although Tucker has a square face while Fantina's is more angular...but hey, if we can have someone like Brodie around, that disguise ability probably circulates.

You DO of course realize that this is one of the most cracked-out theories ever, right? And yet it makes perfect sense.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom