• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP094: Pachirisu Has a Fever! Two People Taking Care!? ・ DP095: Pokémon Contest! Kannagi Tournament!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 094 "Pachirisu's Fever! Care-taking by Two People?"/ DP095 "Pokémon Contest! Kannagi Tournament

[bp=DP094]DP094 Bulbapedia link[/bp] and [bp=DP094]DP095 Bulbapedia link[/bp]

DP 094:
- Only Satoshi and Hikari are seen
- Pachirisu seems to be sick
- Hikari is seen crying

DP 095:
- Hikari has a Mimirol inspired hairstyle
- Mimirol skates on ice with its ears
- Lady with Enekororo seen who seems to know Ayako

Airs September 25 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo in a one-hour special

I wanted her to use Buneary for performance and Ambipom for battles (since Pachi/Pip won one ribbon already and the Aqua was won by everyone - it's their turn now... and Buneary still didn't do performance while Ambi still didn't do the battles round)

But will Dawn really be able to beat Yuri? (she did beat May who is much more experienced so it's possible)
Seems like she has Cherrim and Delcatty
Zoey already said she won't participate and Fantina didn't even talk about this Contest so it seems like Yuri and possibly Jessie are the only rivals this time
If Jessie will participate she'll probably use Yanmega since she wanted to teach it something that Fantina's Drifblim did

Mimirol and Eteboth will be used for the contest.

Thank you God.

It also looks like Satoshi is training Mukkubird. As long as he doesn't use Buizel in the gym I'm happy.

Overall it looks like two good episodes. Hope all that training Musashi is planning to do pays off. She wont win, but hopefully she'll make the finals.

Yep, just as I suspected.

What Pokémon is Yuri seen with? I don't recognize who that name is.

Yuri is the woman you can see in the pictures in the first post
She's Johanna's rival and by the preview it seems like she has Cherrim and Delcatty (Delcatty makes sense as a "rival" to Johanna's Glameow)

Looks like a pretty great contest, assuming it doesn't get too rushed.

I'm happy the writers are finally bringing back the one-shot coordinators, its about time they stopped shoving Zoey into all these Contests. Kenny really needs to appear again though, I have a feeling he'll be in the next one.

Its too bad its only 1-part though, I would have gladly traded that Pachirisu filler to extend this Contest to 2 episodes.

Who says Yuri is a one-shot? I can see her return especially since she's linked to Johanna

Who says Yuri is a one-shot? I can see her return especially since she's linked to Johanna

Maybe Yuri will be the one who wins the Grand Festival, then? I've always tried to speculate who would win the Sinnoh GF since I doubt Zoey will, maybe Yuri will be the champion this saga?

I can see it... also she won't be the first Top Coordinator (or GF winner if that doesn't equal to Top Coordinator) with a Delcatty- remember that one from season 7? Abi or however you write her name

Buneary's sweater from DP 070 is back! This is gonna be a long 14 days
=(

Last edited:
All right Buneary! I knew she would be used in the appeals this time around.
I'm with Rocket Girl, I hope Jessie gets into the finals.

I like that Yuri woman's hair.

Same here! It looks quite elegant.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Mimirol's cute sweater making a return.

Sushi:
I think this is the most appropriate place to post this, so...Someone over at PokeAni was kind enough to take pictures of the magazine “Pokémon Fan”:

http://imagepot.net/image/122119741498.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119741609.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119741730.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119752894.jpg
http://imagepot.net/image/122119752997.jpg

The info contained is...
DP095: I’m not 100% sure on this, but I think Yuri’s Delcatty knows Substitute. Also, like Paris from DP086 (Hearthome Collection), Yuri is a Pokémon Stylist.
DP096/097: Seeing how they are featured in the scan, it’s likely that all Galactic Admins plus Cyrus will appear. In addition to that, Cynthia’s grandmother, Professor Karashina (don’t know whether she has a name in the games) also makes an appearance.
DP098 (?): In an episode taking place in Solaceon Town, the group reunites with Aoi at her parents’ Daycare Center. The group hears of a rumor about a “monster with a scarf” roaming around Solaceon. It turns out to be a Lickylicky.

Wow, I can't believe they're bringing Aoi back so soon. Its like the school arc just ended!

Cyrus?!?!? Sweet!! I can't wait to see this dub!! Finally! Just what I've been waiting for!

So Cynthia's grandma is a professor, huh? I see Rhonda too.

EDIT: Cyrus in a suit...NICE.

Aoi's parents run the Daycare in Solaceon? Is that why the Daycare Center was ignored the first time, because of this tidbit?

Is that a...Wallace mannequin?

Looks like we'll be seeing some flashbacks from Johanna's bout with this Yuri. That'll be something that'll answer our questions about her.

This is gonna be an intense bunch of episodes, that's for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom