• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP094: Pachirisu Has a Fever! Two People Taking Care!? ・ DP095: Pokémon Contest! Kannagi Tournament!!

Hikari RIBBON GETTO DE DAI~JOU~BU!

First time watching episode live. I love it. Bye Together! Also, there are plenty of icon moments. XD

- I love how it looks like Sonansu stole the Zenigame's pointy sunglasses.

Only one had glasses like that. The rest of the gang had round glasses.

- Musashi...now you're drinking in the green room!?

Last time we had a drunk Rocket, we got the Super Slowpoke!
...drunk off wine anyway (*remembers the ep where they got plastered off cave water*)
No matter what, hilarity ensues! ...unless Giovanni was drunk that one part in MR, in which case freakyness ensued, but you know what I mean.

- So Enekororo sings just like Purin does?

That's the "Sing" tune from the game. I'm pretty sure they had something else use that tune at one point on the show, but I can't think of what.

Cute Charm struck twice (exactly the number of times Eteboth attacked Enekoro with physical attacks), and it's a good thing Eteboth has battle experience, otherwise Hikari would have lost this. That Swift spammage was key though, in this battle.

I only watched half of DP 94, but man, did that give me more laughs than anything else today. XD

Both episodes were great in my opinion, I loved both of them, The Pachirisu episode was pretty hilarious, especially when Brock was trying to avoid getting hit by Gliscor.

The contest episode was great, there was some great action scenes in that one. The swift, and whatever Delcatty did (Shock wave?) colliding, was the best part of the episode. I also loved the clothes Ash and Pikachu wore at the end.

DP94

Thunder in Shinou? The writers didn't waste any time promoting Platinum.

Glion continues to prove why it's the best Pokemon Satoshi has ever owned. IT MUST NEVER BE OAKED!

All in all, this was a really cute episode that was better than I thought it would be. We got some focus on underused pokemon, Glion hilarity, and lots of random cute/funny scenes. I look forward to rewatching this one.

A Thunder appears in front of Rocket-dan although it is their illusion and it is really Mukubird.

That wasn't an illusion.

With the Buneary suit im sure in the dub they mentioned that Dawn made it. I dont know about the Japanese version though?

In both versions Hikari designed it and her mom made it.

DP95

Wow. What's with the alcohol? That was kinda random in a good way.

I really liked Musashi's outfit, appeal, and especially random English. It doesn't seem fair she didn't pass since that appeal was just an improved upon Dokucale appeal, but I'm not too upset since Musashi keeps forgetting her Pokemon should be the star, not her. Plus, it was obvious from the beginning she wouldn't win anyway.

The whole backstory with Hikari's mom was nice. Her rival is really cool.

The battle itself was really good. The writers walked a fine line with Hikari winning. It almost seemed a little too unbelievable.

DP94.jpg

speaks for itself...

Two really good episodes. Ever since the summer school arc the show has lost some steam IMO. However these episodes reminded me just why this is such a great show. And next week looks like the best ever.

The battle itself was really good. The writers walked a fine line with Hikari winning. It almost seemed a little too unbelievable.

Not to me considering Ambipom used to belong to Ash.

So the Rocket Gang aimed their glue gun thing at Thunder, and the glue just magically teleported and hit Mukubird instead then? It had to be an illusion.

Zapdos was faster then then glue, Zapdos merely dodged it, the glue kept going and hit Staravia.

DP94

DP94.jpg

speaks for itself...

Two really good episodes. Ever since the summer school arc the show has lost some steam IMO. However these episodes reminded me just why this is such a great show. And next week looks like the best ever.

Oh, WOW. xDDD

I can't wait! I wasn't all that excited about these two episodes before, but now I think I'll really enjoy them! I should hope they hold me over for the next two weeks until we get the awesomeness.

...may I post that on Pokemopolis? They will greatly enjoy that picture.

Go ahead. This should amuse them for quite awhile.

Not to me considering Ambipom used to belong to Ash.

I only say this because Hikari was on the brink of losing until Eteboth managed to attack while under Cute Charm. It was a few too many lucky hits in a row. But like you said it used to be Satoshi's pokemon, which is why I said almost.
Oh, WOW. xDDD

I can't wait! I wasn't all that excited about these two episodes before, but now I think I'll really enjoy them! I should hope they hold me over for the next two weeks until we get the awesomeness.

The Ginga-Dan are next week.

That last close up shot of Ash and Pika. I see some "Pikachu is my homeboy!" captions coming. XD I'm glad Hikari won the contest, but it sorta came out of no where. I kinda wish it was made longer.

No. It was cured when the excess electricity was removed. Its condition was similar to that of Pikachu's at the beginning of the AG series. It's even seen cheering at the Kannagi Town Contest, so it can't be dead, can it?

May I ask...

How was Kannagi Town handled in the anime?

Is it still a small, quiet town like it was in games (doubtful considering they decided to put a Contest Hall there), a medium town or did it get raped and changed into a bland metropolis (like Hiwamaki and some other examples from past)?

They show Satoshi, in his Houen clothes, holding a sick Pikachu. Wrapped in a blanket. Inside what looks like a Pokemon Center.

Yeah, Pikachu got sick at the beginning of AG, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen like that.

What about the time he beat Wattson with an overpowered Pikachu that was sick like it was at the start of AG

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom