• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP096: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 1- ・ DP097: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 2-

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP096 and DP097 "Ginga-Dan's Charge!!" Part One and Two

[bp=DP096]DP096 Bulbapedia link[/bp] and [bp=DP097]DP097 Bulbapedia link[/bp]

New OP and ED will be premiering

DP 096: and DP 097:
- Akagi happy face = lol
- Shirona appearance
- The two orbs are seen
- Akagi activates something at a wall

Airs October 2 starting 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo

Last edited:
DP 096 & DP 097 "The Ginga-Dan Attacks!" Parts One & Two Preview Thread

- We see Akagi going undercover at the museum to see the orb that he wants.

- We also see Saturn and Mars.

- Later, we see Dokurog (presumably, Saturn's) stabbing Gureggru in the gut with its claw thingee.

Next week's hour-long special will also feature information on next year's movie. From the looks of things, we'll see some location hunting stuff.

Happy face? Oh dear...seems they're going with DPA! version.

And Croagunk's on the recieving end? Pray tell, Saturn's Toxicroak perhaps?

(edit with Dogasu's merge) Undercover? The man looks like a zombie scarecrow, how could he go undercover? Although interesting to see a Team leader doing something like that.

First picture of Akagi = Large Cookie
First pictures of Ginga Executives = Normal Cookie per one Executive

Ah, no, not this one. 'Cause we've already seen it and it's barely visible.

A better quality screenshot of Akagi (especially Mafia-Akagi) is what deserves a cookie.

Anyway, speaking of Mafia-Akagi. I just discovered it's not an anime invention. We've first seen Akagi in suit in DP Adventure!

Regardless, it's still cool to see Mafia-Akagi.

Mafia-Akagi is not a human. He's a living WIN!

You keep calling him that. How does a black suit equate immediately with the mafia?
(also the suit in DPA! was white, which made him look even more washed out than usual)

And do I get at least a broken cookie?

You keep calling him that. How does a black suit equate immediately with the mafia?
(also the suit in DPA! was white, which made him look even more washed out than usual)

And do I get at least a broken cookie?

Okay, a broken cookie for reminding me about the awesomness of Mafia-Akagi!

Just look at him, he looks like a stereotypical Mafia boss (which was probably what animators wanted to make him look like)! And it's cool! I'm not saying that everyone who wears black suit is a Mafia Boss but he really DOES look like one.

Akagi + Mafia = WIN!

I'm about to make Mafia-Akagi's FanClub, or rather Mafia-Akagi's Family!

There's only room for one mafia don in Pokémon (well...two if you count Honchkrow), and he's back in Kanto.

There's also only room for one insane cult leader, and I'd say Akagi fills that quite well.

Oddly, there seems to be no limit on the room for mad enviromentalists.

Akagi.jpg

Akagi2.jpg

Mars.jpg

Mars2.jpg

AAAAAAH, that second shot is SCARY WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HI--

Awwwww, Mars is so freakin' CUTE.

Cuter than I expected!

Is it just me or does she look younger than her game self too?

Akagi's gonna give me nightmares. >>

Two cookies for ya! One normal, one huge!

THANKS!

And I think I won't exagerrate if I'll say that Mars looks SEXY in that screen.

Mars has no eyebrows and looks like she's wearing a wig. I find her creepy. Like those demon kids.

Akagi, on the other hand, is really cool despite the doofy suit (I hope he wears his awesome Galactic uniform later on in the plotline). Though I don't think I'll ever stop thinking of him as an adult Akutsu Jin.

This may be the best hour of Diamonf and Pearl yet.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/Akagi3.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP96_97_1.jpg
DP96_97_2.jpg

The two orbs are seen spinning together and going into the top thing that lights up. The other two things light up next. Someone must be explaining what happens when the two orbs are combined with whatever this thing is.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP96_97_3.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP96_97_4.jpg

Movie 12

movie12_1.jpg

movie12_2.jpg

Mars has no eyebrows and looks like she's wearing a wig. I find her creepy. Like those demon kids.
Eh? If you look closely, you can see them. They are very fine, though.

EDIT: Hell, you just can make them out on my avatar, which is like half the size.

Either she has VERY tiny eyebrows, or those are her upper eyelids!

Maybe they are just very fine, or they goofed up in this shot... or she's bringing back the old Japanese custom of shaving your eyebrows. xD

Why does Akagi's face remind me so much of Sakaki's? Is it wrong if it makes me think that way? XD;

Oh damn, first time we see the Galaxy Commanders. That alone is win.

The combined hawt-ness of Mars and Cynthia is good enough, but Psycho!Cyrus and what looks like one big all-hell-breaks-loose plot may make this not only the best DP episode, but possibly THE best, period.

Not to mention Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Giratina looks like an anime version of the Judgment (ARCEUS CONFIRMED?????)

Fantastic, brilliant, wonderful!

As I've already supposed, these two episodes will propably turn out to be best DP episodes so far. In any case, they'll belong to the best episodes of the entire series.
We may exspect great things to come. I'm even convinced that we may exspect an utterly new dimension of the Pokemon Anime, which hasn't been there before.
Therefore, I'm completely concurring with user Habanuke_Kikukawa in the following statement:
The combined hawt-ness of Mars and Cynthia is good enough, but Psycho!Cyrus and what looks like one big all-hell-breaks-loose plot may make this not only the best DP episode, but possibly THE best, period.
Especially with regards to the repeated appearance of my beloved Cynthia, these episodes are definitely going to surpass our common imagination of what a Pokemon episode should normally look like.

But let me also note a logical mistake:
Bulbapedia asserts that Cyrus "disregards all emotions, thinking of them as products of a weak human heart", but in all those screenshots which some of you posted, he looks either friendly or lunatic. So, no trace at all that he would be emotionless, cool or even act like a robot!
Frankly, this aspect is weird...

It's a shame that we'll still have to wait so unbelievably long for the English version of the "Kings Of Episodes" but ,nevertheless, I'm all geared up to watch them!

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom