• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP096: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 1- ・ DP097: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 2-

DP096 and DP097 "Ginga-Dan's Charge!!"
Impressions:

No point of separate posts for each episode so I'll be reviewing them together.
- OP felt less cheery (and annoying) than Together, though it doesn't sound like something I'd want to hear too much of.
- Apparently helicopters can match cargo planes in speed.
- Greggeru wasn't acting itself today, no matter what Takeshi did.
- -Akagi with cheery face is creepy.
- Hikari and Satoshi are reminded of the Lake Trio they saw and Akagi has emo face at the mention of it (Forgot to snap it).
- Ginga-dan members with glasses!
- Akagi's "just as planned face" is awesome.
- Mars appears and everyone is like "gasp"
- Dokurog jabs Gregerru hard that you can feel it

And with that Ginga-dan get their own set of Pokémon cards.

Next ep:
- Shirona debuts her Toritodon and from Mars her Bunyat
- That reminds me, where the hell did Takeshi go?
- A touching Satoshi and Hikozaru scene with Shirona on top and mention of it belonging to Shinji
- Some mention of Dialga and Palkia
- Rocket-dan seem to act smarter this episode (to an extent)
- Darkrai music plays when Akagi talks about the orbs and summoning the Pokémon
- Nothing ends up being summoned but Ginga-dan has all the orbs
- ED was like Boku no Best Friend and SMILE

This arc was pretty awesome. It seems that the production team had planned it out more than any of the previous episodes. It seemed much more better than the Magma/Aqua arc back in Hoenn. The animation was great and the music was good. I've been waiting for an arc like this. Overall I rate this a 9.0/10.

A preview of the 12th movie location (Greece) was shown

...Pochama ending?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. D=

Um, but yay, Akagi in Galactic uniform, whoo.

...WHY POCHAMA WHY *sobs* Get that thing away from me already...

So all of a sudden he's in uniform. Was he wearing that under his suit or what? Because unlike other members of various Teams, he certainly doesn't seem the sort to rip off a costume to reveal a uniform.

Since there's a separate thread for the OP/ED, I'll just put my thoughts there.

These two episodes didn't quite live up to the hype, but they were still some really good setup episodes. You can just tell the finale of this arc will kick ass.

I really liked how clever the Rocket-Dan seemed to be for once. They actually felt like real villains for a bit.

Akagi is great. I really like this pretending to be a good guy thing.

Hikozaru pushing Pikachu out of the way was really sweet. It was nice to see the little monkey be useful and show some personality again.

It feels like I'm forgetting something, but I'll just say once again how great this two-parter was. Really looking forward to see where all this is going.

Here's a nice shot of Jupiter for those wondering what she looks like:

Jupiter.png

...man, Jupiter's costume is REALLY tight!

(if you don't see what I'm talking about, I'm not going to point it out to you)

Also, I noticed this some time ago, but did anyone else ever notice that the agents's eyes and hair are the same color? Grunts all have blue-green hair/blue-green eyes, Jupiter has purple hair and purple eyes, Saturn has blue hair and blue eyes, Mars has red hair and red eyes, and Cyrus has silver hair and silver eyes...although you can't see that last one very well.

Blackjack Palazzo said:
I see no Pluto in the pictures...think he'll be skipped since he's not a commander? Because the only Team we've seen so far that lacked in the Mad Science department was Aqua.

Pluto might show up later, but I doubt he'll be major enough to be in an OP. That'd be like...Namba-Hakase sneaking his way into an opening.

Also, on a side note...isn't it weird that the new Ginga guy is named Pluto? Wouldn't you think the game designers would have named him after a planet to keep up with the motif of the others?

Also, what's gramma's name?

I didn't catch it, and they only said it one time, IIRC. The rest of the time, they just referred to her as "Shirona's grandma."

What about?

Takeshi flirting with Shirona.

The whole "god of a new world" part didn't send you that way already?

I haven't played the games since...last October? I've long forgotten a lot of the plot points like that.

Shinhei said:
ok i am totally lost, do they plan on continuing the arc some other time?

The Ginga-Dan got away with the orb, so Junsa and the others told Satoshi-tachi to just continue on their journey since there's no point in hanging around there anymore. They'll take care of the rest.

Blackjack Palazzo said:
So all of a sudden he's in uniform. Was he wearing that under his suit or what?

After he leaves Kannagi Town, he goes to his base (or wherever that place is) and is seen wearing his uniform. So it's assumed that he changed into it at some point in between.

...man, Jupiter's costume is REALLY tight!

That's not what you think it is...

Pluto might show up later, but I doubt he'll be major enough to be in an OP. That'd be like...Namba-Hakase sneaking his way into an opening.

Except Namba isn't a named game character.

Also, on a side note...isn't it weird that the new Ginga guy is named Pluto? Wouldn't you think the game designers would have named him after a planet to keep up with the motif of the others?

*rimshot* It may have been to show his distance. Also in Spanish, Jupiter is named Ceres, and Ceres is kinda in the same boat Pluto is.

I haven't played the games since...last October? I've long forgotten a lot of the plot points like that.

That's kinda his main schtick though.

That's not what you think it is...

Awwww! That's no fun!
(thinks of how to un-spoiler it for Pokemopolis anyway)
So uh...*looks around*...what is it? Because Crobat doesn't have any lines coming off it like that.

No new evolutions or captures are spoiled in the opening, but Kengo, Nozomi, J, Kasumi, Kenji, Masato, Haruka, Shigeru, and all of the Ginga-Dan commanders are shown.

Misty, May, Max and Gary all get in but Nando doesn't. Is any more evidence needed to say they dropped him? And Conway reappearing doesn't count because he had not been absent for anything near Nando's current 51-episode streak.

Will comment on the episode once I see it.

Last edited:
YES. J in the opening, finally! <3

Whoo, Ginga-dan! But, is there no Shinji? That'd be rather sad...

I only caught the last few minutes of the second episode, so I have no idea what's going on. ^^; But wow, Mars sounds/looks so young! x3

And I think it's just her thigh, Blackjack.

Misty, May, Max and Gary all get in but Nando doesn't.

Except Gary all of these are main characters
Much more important overall than Nando even if he'll return

Is any more evidence needed to say they dropped him? And Conway reappearing doesn't count because he had not been absent for anything near Nando's current 51-episode streak.

Doesn't change the fact Cynthia returned after about 50 episodes and didn't appear in any OP/ED
Conway also didn't appear in anything
I still hope Nando will return and I'll say again the Hearthome Gym is where I think he might show up... if even than he won't appear I might give up

But, is there no Shinji? That'd be rather sad...

Paul does appear
Except the obvious Ash-tachi Rocketrio and their Pokémon these are the characters that appear:
Zoey and Glameow, Kenny and Prinplup, Paul and Honchkrow, Delia, Oak, Tracey, Max, May, Misty, Gary, Galactic Trio with Toxicroak and at their background Cyrus and 32532 Golbat, J and Salamence

Last edited:
Cynthia is also, you know, the Champion. Not to mention being referenced multiple times while Nando disappeared off the face of the earth.

And Hearthome Gym? You mean after they decided the filler boy from the Probopass episode was more important to show there?

Wait for Hearthome Gym
That's all I have to say
But I guess it's better that you prepare youself... I guess I'll get more disappointed if he won't come back eventually

Ah, I was actually hoping we wouldn't see old characters in the opening.

Its not like Tracey, Max, May or Misty are actually going to appear anytime soon in actual episodes.

They really need to start a new set of specials.

On that note, I really think Gary should have been in these episodes.

I kinda hoped Gary's appearance in DP might mean he'd be connected to the legendaries or the Galactic plot, but so far it hasn't happened yet.

I hope they use Gary for SOMETHING this saga, he's only been in 2 out of 100 D/P episodes so far!

i wonder if anyone can count the number of poor golbats that got slaughtered in these episodes.

Mars is kinda cute when she laughs too i have to admit.

I just saw it. Shinji was all relaxedly smiling, which cracks me up, but I guess it's to contrast with Satoshi. Pretty funny!

Mars' little giggle was adorable.

I find it interesting that Cyrus now knows about Ash and Dawn having seen Azelf and Mesprit respectively. Although whatever he wanted to achieve from them this episode failed, I have this feeling that he's not exactly done with those two yet.

Can't wait for Team Galaxy to return, that's for sure.

I squee'd at the Ash and Chimchar scene. That was just so adorable!

Ooooh, we have a connection! Although wait...that makes the movie 5 dub's talk of Giovanni hiring the thief girls make considerabaly more sense. Granted that wasn't 4Kids's thought since they nor anyone could have anticipated someone like J, but in retrospective continuity, y'know? (being not only a writer myself but also a comic book fan puts me in that mindset preemptively)

I called it. Sort of.

lalalei2001 said:
I hope J works for Team Galactic so if the Team gets defeated, she does too.

Course, that doesn;t mean she DOES work for them....

I love to see J work for team galactic and hope that team Galactic would face off against the Pokemon Rangers. That would be cool.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom