• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP096: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 1- ・ DP097: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 2-

I can see J working with Galactic only where money's involved. That's why she's a bounty hunter. It's like Jango and & Boba Fett from Star Wars.

And we already had a mini-arc promoting Ranger 2 where J faced off against Ash & co. and the lead protagonist of the game.

These episodes weren't as "amazingly awesome" as I thought but they were still pretty darn good and exciting. I thought Ash and co. would find out who Cyrus was by the end of the special but whatever..all the more reason to see TG in the future. It was good to see Cynthia remember Chimchar, and also to see another of her Pokemon.

^ Same here, I liked these eps, but they still weren't as epic as I hoped.

The big problem is the confrontations in both ep felt like they were missing something. All the group did was kill a bunch of Golbat both times Galactic faced them, and nothing really else happened of interest aside from TR stealing the orb for a bit.

Where were the epic battles? Killing a bunch of Golbat gets a bit boring after so many times. The other big problem is how the characters just STAND there. This is a problem in the movies too, the good guys just stand around as Galactic is making threats, yet nobody really does anything.

The writers always tend to waste a lot of time with TR in eps like this, it happened in a lot of Magma/Aqua eps too, and I really hoped they would be rather low-key here.

Overall Galactic is definitely much better than Magma/Aqua in terms of plot, but it still has to go a little further to be really good. Right now it could go either way, we need more epic battles then "let's just zap Golbat out of the sky" and have everyone just stand around.

So no Jesus? (refer to one of my older posts here) I tried not to blink, too. I don't like watching heavy dialog episodes like these raw. It won't be so long till I get to see them dubbed though. I wish we coulda seen more of Cyntheia's pokemon.

I don't like watching heavy dialog episodes like these raw. It won't be so long till I get to see them dubbed though.

#PM did sub 94 and 95 just some days ago, so maybe they'll sub these two eps as well.

The episodes rocked. Though would have been more nice if the fights were more like Pokemon vs Pokemon instead of Pokemon vs 100 Golbats.

Oh yes, since Giovanni's VA was credited as being in this ep, but there was no Giovanni, who did he ultimately voice?

...and if it was Cyrus I'm going to laaaaaaaugh...

Oh yes, since Giovanni's VA was credited as being in this ep, but there was no Giovanni, who did he ultimately voice?

...and if it was Cyrus I'm going to laaaaaaaugh...

What other male characters debuted here?

The three debuts were Cyrus, Mars and Jupiter. Only one of which is male.

According to Pokeani he did play Akagi. I had a feeling that's who it would be if Sakaki didn't appear.

What is the problem with that? I see no big deal with one voice actor doing two characters on the same show.

It IS a very common thing in Pokemon, for two characters to be voiced by the same seiyuu/voice actor, but I think she's amused by the fact that it's the same guy voicing two evil team leaders.

I've just finished watching the episodes. The epsiode was great, with Team Galactic going all out. Akagi almost went beserk when Ash and Hikari said that they didn't sense anything from the pearl.
I really want to see the rest of the story, but I think that it will take a while before the story continues.
And yeah, the excessive amount of Golbat really looked weird.

Pictures are now up too FYI.

Hmm..what exactly was Cynthia saying to Ash and Chimchar? (not about Chimchar was being Paul's; I understood that) I only understood that she was saying something about Chimchar in relation to something happening between Paul and Ash.

To be fair, so did Giovanni. Orange Islands "happened" because Giovanni ordered Jess and Jim to fly a blimp over there (the one Ash and Co. happened to get on board..). He did what he could when he had the spotlight.

Kanto, that is- there wasn't much for him to do really during Johto because most of Team Rocket's activity there in the games was science based- and the existence of Namba and Sebastian as that season's "new Rockets" stuck to this- although I suppose you could count his actions in MR if only because they brought closure to the Mewtwo subplot.

And of course, during Hoenn, Maxie and Archie had the spotlight so what was he supposed to do? Other than give Jessie and James instructions when they bug him, he's not really got too many roles in the show right now.

But I digress. It is a bit amusing that Giovanni and Cyrus share VAs. (It's worth noting, though, this isn't Gio's ORIGINAL Japanese VA- this is the replacement after his first one died last year.)

Last edited:
I find it interesting that Cyrus now knows about Ash and Dawn having seen Azelf and Mesprit respectively. Although whatever he wanted to achieve from them this episode failed, I have this feeling that he's not exactly done with those two yet.

Can't wait for Team Galaxy to return, that's for sure.
It's definately making me optimistic about their future appearances. With Team Galactic taking an interest in Ash and Dawn and Cynthia's continued involvement, this could turn out really well. Now let's just hope the writers don't still manage to make a Hoenn-level screw-up on the team.

I really hope Brock sees Uxie. It's definately his gnome but in this episode it was still worryingly the "Ash and Dawn show" that is apparent in the last two movies. At least Croagunk's new rivalry shows that the writers still remember to throw him something.

The writers always tend to waste a lot of time with TR in eps like this, it happened in a lot of Magma/Aqua eps too, and I really hoped they would be rather low-key here.
I liked TR's involvement in this one. They're a loose cannon and in some strange sense the orb was safer with them at the point they took it. (Though getting it back before Galactic caught up with them was still of vital importance.)

I really hope Brock sees Uxie. It's definately his gnome but in this episode it was still worryingly the "Ash and Dawn show" that is apparent in the last two movies. At least Croagunk's new rivalry shows that the writers still remember to throw him something.

I've actually been hoping Gary sees Uxie.

I had really hoped Gary would be involved somehow in the Galactic storyline, but so far it doesn't look likely.

I would have liked to think the writers brought Gary back for something special, but given that he's only been in 2 DP episodes out of 100, I'm not that optimistic about it.

Saw these two Episodes on Youtube recently and I loved them. Wish Ash and Co. had actually fought the Galactic Agents instead of combating tons of Golbats. The moment between Ash and Chimchar was touching, I really want the little guy to evolve soon. Cyrus was an interesting villain and I hope to see more of him soon. Cynthia was awesome as usual and overall these episodes were great.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom