• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP096: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 1- ・ DP097: Galaxy-dan Attacks!! -Part 2-

On that note, I really think Gary should have been in these episodes.

I kinda hoped Gary's appearance in DP might mean he'd be connected to the legendaries or the Galactic plot, but so far it hasn't happened yet.

I hope they use Gary for SOMETHING this saga, he's only been in 2 out of 100 D/P episodes so far!

I've actually been hoping Gary sees Uxie.

I had really hoped Gary would be involved somehow in the Galactic storyline, but so far it doesn't look likely.

I would have liked to think the writers brought Gary back for something special, but given that he's only been in 2 DP episodes out of 100, I'm not that optimistic about it.

...You do realize you just said the magic words, right?

I think Gary WILL see Uxie. I mean...come on. The writers leave plot devices hanging, but they'd have to be brain dead to ignore this one.

Saw screencaps of this on Poketmonsters.net. It looks AMAZINGLY epic. That one scene focusing Cyrus, Ash, and Dawn, with Cyrus being all batshit nuts and Ash+Dawn looking scared/horrified...

It just screamed "BELOLD YOUR DESTINY" to me somewhat. ^^

I've actually been hoping Gary sees Uxie.

I had really hoped Gary would be involved somehow in the Galactic storyline, but so far it doesn't look likely.

I would have liked to think the writers brought Gary back for something special, but given that he's only been in 2 DP episodes out of 100, I'm not that optimistic about it.

I feel that Paul is more likely to see Uxie but it would be nice to see Gary do more this generation. For some reason, I keep thinking about other DP characters like Zoey or Kenny seeing Uxie but I'm not sure if it would work out.

... Is it wrong that I was expecting Takeshi to see it? ^^;

He doesn't get as much as Satoshi and Hikari in the way of focus, but he's got more than the others, and based on what the third spirit rules over, it makes sense. ^^;

Y'know what? I told my friend the same thing the other day, that Takeshi seeing Yuxie would be very fitting, what with Satoshi and Hikari seeing Agnome and Emrit respectively, and the things they govern over.

Rosakai said:
Hmm..what exactly was Cynthia saying to Ash and Chimchar? (not about Chimchar was being Paul's; I understood that) I only understood that she was saying something about Chimchar in relation to something happening between Paul and Ash.

Here's my admittedly rough and "take it with a grain of salt" translation:

Takeshi: "Gureggru...I know you feel frustrated (after that fight), but you need to rest now."
Satoshi: "Hikozaru...thank you for jumping in front of Pikachu. If I hadn't ordered Pikachu to use Volt Tackle back then..."
Hikari: "Satoshi...you can't blame yourself for that!"
Satoshi: "At that time, I was only thinking about getting back the Lustrous Orb. I'm sorry, Hikozaru..."
Shirona: "Satoshi-kun...that Hikozaru wasn't always yours, was it? It used to be Shinji-kun's, right?"
Satoshi: "That's right."
Shirona: "I see...[talking to Hikozaru] You have a very big destiny ahead of you. You've met a lot of people and have had a lot of experiences traveling with Satoshi-kun and Shinji-kun. I wonder how you'll fare after being with these two completely different trainers? I'll be keeping an eye out for you."
Satoshi: "'Keeping an eye out'...on us?"
Shirona: "Do you remember what I told you earlier? 'All lives bring forth something...'
Satoshi: "'...from different lives and meetings'"
Hikari: "So you were talking about Satoshi and Shinji and Hikozaru back then?"
Shirona: "Well, what do you think about that fact that both Satoshi-kun and Shinji-kun got the same Hikozaru? What do you see happening?"

Looking at the screenshots it does seem like the momentum for what will happen later is getting strong. Cyrus looked awesome all over, I just hope they don't screw it up in the dub. Him just standing there like that at the end of the second episode with the others...it's so weird. Watch him go apeshit...pretty cool.

What I hate seeing is that the Pokemon aren't even up to the "standards" of the Galactic admins. Wish one of them evolved already. We're into the halfway mark of this journey and we haven't seen an evolution yet...why has it been delayed? Is it for the early discrepancies there was from Hearthome to Solaceon that it created some sort of anomaly? Even if it was a sparring between admins and Ash & co., we could've had a decent match. Instead of showcasing, like they did with Garchomp and Gastrodon.

I've to admit. Cynthia in her angry look is pretty hot. Mars looked fine all around. Wish TR was out of the picture; they could really go with just Ash & co. and TG. Would it be As & Dawn vs. Cyrus I wonder. Because I really don't get why Brock was in and out while his Croagunk was getting pounded.

Dogasu said:
Shirona: "Well, what do you think about that fact that both Satoshi-kun and Shinji-kun got the same Hikozaru? What do you see happening?"

Well...that leaves a cliffhanger.

lalalei2001 said:
I think Brock will see Uxie, for one simple reason.

Their eyes are always closed!

Could it be?

Epicness right there. I <3 You, Shinora! Making the anime go deeper than ever before!

If they mess it up in the dub script, I swear...

Y'know what? I told my friend the same thing the other day, that Takeshi seeing Yuxie would be very fitting, what with Satoshi and Hikari seeing Agnome and Emrit respectively, and the things they govern over.

It would be fitting, it would. And Brock should do more than he does already in the plot, storyline-wise.

But I'd still prefer Gary to see Uxie. He fits into it somewhat, too, you know, if you think about it hard enough.

One thing that may happen, although it'll screw up the entire premise: PAUL sees Uxie. >.< Ew. No.

AnimeDutchess said:
Epicness right there. I <3 You, Shinora! Making the anime go deeper than ever before!

It certainly makes things deeper than before. Never could you expect Pokemon to go to such a level. Aqua and Magma had it worse.

Paul would go after Uxie after seeing a glimpse of it. Then he would bargain with Galactic, or J.

Huh, it's a bit late for opinions but...

I totally loved the episodes!

It gave me much hope about the handling of Ginga-dan in anime. It was not the finale (some were afraid it would be), it was just a development of their plot. And a really awesome one.

But there was one thing I didn't like about the episode. Handling of Shirona's grandma. Of course, I'm glad that they showed her at all. But I don't like the fact they changed her into a professor and gave her name. Now I can't decide if she can be considered as the same character with Shirona's Grandma from games (they both seem completely different and same at the same time. Situation similar to Copycat and Imite). And because of that, I can't decide if she should have only one article or two separate articles on her Anime and Game/Manga self... The title will also cause problems.

Another thing I didn't like was the handling of Akagi. He was supposed to be a very calm villain with big plans. Not some comedy relief 3\/||_ guy who screams his plans in front of everyone and acts generally ADHD.

Well... But in overall, I think those were one of the best episodes in Shin'ou so far.

I also hope we'll see Pluto at some point. They totally have to show him!

Last edited:
Having a serious villian disguised as comic relief can be done well. And then you'd *hate* how Cyrus comes off in Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, given that he literally screams his entire plot to the heroes about thirty seconds after introducing himself, then proceeds to tell the main character that killing tens of thousands doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Having a serious villian disguised as comic relief can be done well. And then you'd *hate* how Cyrus comes off in Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, given that he literally screams his entire plot to the heroes about thirty seconds after introducing himself, then proceeds to tell the main character that killing tens of thousands doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I've seen it. It completely make me freak out.

But other than that, the volume was pretty neat. Shirona, her grandma, Ginga Admins and Contest Judges (those from game). And completely awesome action.

But, that's right, handling of Akagi in DP Adventure was tragical. And the anime gets pretty close to it. Well, it's really hard not to spoil such villain. Well...

The anime also nearly completely redefined Giovanni. In the games he's more of a businessman, and the Rockets are out to make money. On the show, that's been given to the previous leader, while Giovanni himself is out for world domination. He's also a sadistic bastard on the show, and has moment of being downright scary. You don't get that in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom