• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP098: The Floating Unidentified Mysterious Animal!?

Aoi actually reminds me of Morrisson, just without the eating habits.

Maybe Lickilicky ate something bad (like a floating tube thing you use when your ship sinks) and it's trying to get help to get it out. It looks like something shaped like one of those is in its mouth.

Korobooshi Kojiro at Serebii:
I noticed a Luxio Figure is coming out around this episode...that's probably a decent reason to suspect seeing Shinx evolve.

Luxio hasn't been in an episode yet, correct?

As far as I know, its only appearance was its small cameo in The Rise of Darkrai, thus making it the least-seen of its family---all three appeared in said movie, but Luxray also appeared (obviously) in Luxray Vision! while Shinx was in Not On My Watch Ya Don't! in addition to its appearances with Aoi.

I don't remember people said this when DP 91 aired but at the end of this episode Ash say to Aoi that when he'll get to Solaceon again he'll visit her and they'll have a battle
Nice to see some continuity

Another thing people didn't brought up in the DP 93 thread is that Fantina said her Drifloon hatched from an egg (credit to... someone at Serebii that said this... I tried to check and she does say something about "tamago"=egg after she release Drifloon so it's probably right)
It seems strange to randomly say your Pokémon hatched from an egg... and now a dew episodes after we get to the day care center
Maybe Aoi's parents' talk about Fantina and how she got an egg from them?
This is again some nice continuity

And starting from this episode we'll have a new Oak corner: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=31548

EDIT:
It's irritating how the TV Tokyo site doesn't list anymore the additional VAs with their characters... anyone can read that and know who these VAs do?
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_200810161900.html

Last edited:
Nothing too exciting. We have the Pokemon Zukan, Aoi, some man and woman who have played miscellaneous characters in the past, and Sakaki/Akagi's VA. Hopefully he'll be the one playing Berobelt and not Aoi's dad.

Scott85 said:
Aoi actually reminds me of Morrisson, just without the eating habits.

Ash gets very attracted to these kinds of people.

Piplup said:
Korobooshi Kojiro at Serebii:
I noticed a Luxio Figure is coming out around this episode...that's probably a decent reason to suspect seeing Shinx evolve.

Sure it's not some random Luxio? Love it how we jump to these conclusions.

DP098 "Unidentified Floating Monster!?"

Impressions:
- We get to see Aoi again in Zui Town
- Damn, Aoi can eat big
- Satoshi still thinks Aoi looks like a boy
- Flying Berobert = LOL
- Nyarth is capture happy with his camera
- Musashi with a snake tongue matches who she is
- Aoi's parents come from nowhere

Oakido lecture has a new format with movie 8 music playing.

A little more laid back than all of the events that recently happened but the story wasn't too bad. No random Luxio like speculation said. Not anything significant music wise. Animation was quite good for an episode. Overall this deserves a 7.4/10.

Last edited:
As semi-fun this episode was, it just wasted another oppurtunity for some real Pokemon battles. I'm sorry Ash but Pikachu isn't the only Pokemon you have.

It seems to me that they don't want to show Aoi what kind of Pokemon Ash has except Buizel (the Lumineon episode) and Pikachu.

My favorite part, unless I misheard was Lickilicks trainer saying "Thank you very much"

This episode wasn't quite as fun as I thought it would be. There were a few funny things here and there like Musashi's snake tongue and everything Berobert did, but other than that it was pretty boring. They're really wasted Aoi in this episode. It may as well have been some filler kid we've never seen before.

Aoi's mother's pretty. o.o

Aha, her father's nice lookin' too~ x3

I missed most of the episode, sadly.

This was a boring and pointless episode, since they could just have used a normal cotd instead of Aoi.

Snake-tongue Jessie was the only funny part.

This was a boring and pointless episode, since they could just have used a normal cotd instead of Aoi.

Snake-tongue Jessie was the only funny part.

I completely agree with you.

This episode was completely pointless. The series would be better if this episode never aired because we would have Ryou and other episodes quicklier. The only purpose of this episode was to give us another week of waiting for a good episode.

Its just one episode. The writers will always make some eps that wind up being boring, its how Pokemon always is.

For every dull ep we get some really good eps, as we can from the events of the titles that are coming after this.

So Aoi's parents were away from home and Aoi trained a Lickitung that a trainer left to them at the day care center, just like in the games (people often forget this about thte day care and see it as simply a way to get eggs - but remember RBY also had a day care)

During the trainings Lickitung learnt Rollout and evolved into Lickilicky
Aoi was afraid from her parents' reaction when they'll find out (I guess since the trainer never requested something like that and could possibly intend not to evolve it) so she hide it in that cave... but I didn't get why did Aoi give it that thing that made it "fly"

Eventually her parents find out and tell her to be more carefull next time... fortunately the trainer is actually happy it evolved

Oak's new cornor is much better - but it's really irritating when you can't understand it
By the translation I saw - Oak asked what attacks Magikarp know except Tackle and Flail
This source didn't translate the answer but I'm pretty sure it's Splash
The Pokémon still attack Oak

Wow, this episode reminded me of those dull Johto episodes I slept in from. And to think I got enough rest from watching DP's exciting shows thanks to the break they had.

Oh well. This may not be the last time DP will have dull episodes (I do consider the Chingling ep. a little dull) but as long as a monster's first appearance is shown (excluding movies), I'm OK with it.

I believe that inflatable balloon is equipped to Lickylicky just to carry it back to the day-care center quickly. It could have run or roll but I believe it didn't want to do that. Too much "work" for it.

492 pokemon to pick from, yet they showcased...Magikarp: the 11 year old fish that the writers seem to love.

Why the hell are they still shwoing the Po-o-kemon Pan
commercial in Japan?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom