• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP099: Ryō of The Big Four! The Forest of Meeting and Separation!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP099 "Elite Four Ryō! Forest of Meeting and Separation!"

[bp=DP099]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Ryō appears.
- Bunch of Bug Pokémon shown
- Musashi's Habunake and and Kojiro's Muskippa are seen attacking the Bug Pokémon

Airs October 23 starting 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Note: Screens came out crappy, my bad!

Last edited:
I honestly can't make heads or tails out of the preview.

Team Rocket taking down Aaron's Pokemon like he's some new trainer off the street didn't look right.
And Ledian, I hope its a random bug Pokemon, as much as it's nice, I would like them to stick to the games. Though seeing Vespiquen in the episode is a plus. And Skorupi.

DP99_2.png

Here's a better picture of Skorupi.

I'm not sure what to think of this episode. Ryo looks way too young, and seeing his pokemon get beat up was really weird too. Should be an interesting episode at least.

Aaron looks just as he's supposed to, I think. I mean, he's like the world's biggest twink, to the point where he makes James look his age.

That said, I adore Aaron and I'm so happy about his appearance~!

Well, I think he seems a little too young, but from the preview pics I have seen, it looks okay. I do like how he has a Ledian, and how it may go a little back into his childhood (From the pic with him holding Wurmple).

I think he looks just right too. His sprite made him look pretty young~

D'aww~

Wonder what's his "past" deal? Should be a fun episode anyway~

Looks really good for being Takeda, I can't see anything totally off-model this time.

Is that Ledian his too? I didn't see that coming at all.

Aww, Skorupi looks so much cuter in anime format!

The anime seems to have a penchant for making Scorpians huggably cute.
DP99_2.png

039.jpg

267.jpg

That last one never gets old.

Last edited:
I agree Skorupi does look cute. Good to see a Ledian too. And Vespiquen? Impressive.

Is it me, or are Bug-pokemon trainers are not that old? Bugsy was quite young, and was mistaken for a girl in the manga, and here Aaron's eyes make him look like a girl. He does look young though. I guess maybe this is why he's the first Elite to beat?

The very fact that Aaron's better looking with his hair messed up is damn worrying.

Now I shall have to skin a kitten and eat it's eyeballs to counter 'teh gai' comments aimed at me...

Aaron looks....bad.

I'm not getting a good feeling out of this.

I don't know why they start to bring in the Elite Four into the series now, when they never really did in the past.

I don't know why they start to bring in the Elite Four into the series now, when they never really did in the past.

Bruno, Lorelei[Prima], Lance, and Drake sit in the corner and cry

Just because Cynthia and Aaron are/have been/being featured doesn't mean they are the only ones

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom