• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP099: Ryō of The Big Four! The Forest of Meeting and Separation!

Okay. This episode aired over 36 hours ago. There are millions of pokemon fans around the world and nobody uploaded it to youtube yet?!

I hope to God that this doesn't happen next week.
Don't know what your talking about because that's where I found it while looking for what Aaron''s voice sounds like.

I watched it the day it came out.

Anyway, this ep was ok but the Lucian and Cynthia debut episodes were much better. You could have replaced Aaron with any filler character and most of the episode would have played out exactly the same.

I actually think this was the weakest Elite 4 episode in the entire series, even Bruno, Lorelei, Agatha, Lance, Steven, Drake and Wallace got better episodes than this.

Aaron's voice does suit him too, I was afraid it was going to be too-boyish or deep!

I was perousing through screencaps, and saw this;

DP46.jpg

If a little OT, but why the hell is Cynthia's stomach so prominent?

I was perousing through screencaps, and saw this;

DP46.jpg

If a little OT, but why the hell is Cynthia's stomach so prominent?

I think you can blame Izumi Shimura (the animation director for the episode that scene is from) for that...

Is PUSA going to replace the R that Ryo drew with an A?

I wish the group had out more of their pokemon.

Skorupi-o? I thought the Japanese added O or U to words that ended in consonants :/

Pikchu and Piplup catching Skorupi was cute.

Aww, I forgot how cute Charmander was!

That Cynthia pic was odd. Girls in the Poke-verse only have washboard tummies or are noticibly overweight.

I still don't believe what I read in regards to "twinks" on this site...can we please not have these conversations. What an awkward thing to say about the character.

Justin, have a sense of humor, will you? I really don't mean to harm anyone by it, I honestly don't think it's an insult. In fact, Aaron's my favorite Elite of all time. Why would I insult him if I like him?

I still don't believe what I read in regards to "twinks" on this site...can we please not have these conversations. What an awkward thing to say about the character.

Oh, and talking about how "hot" a female character looks or that her breasts are nice looking or whatever is fine? Is it okay for one gender but not the other? I don't think I can come out of this post without saying panties. So...also panties.

Seriously thought this episode was squeecute. I LOVE Ryo.
I want to root for Ryo with his challenge against Shirona and littleRyo was cute as well. (!!)
he's interesting. he's charismatic and young and still has that kind of "fire" that is associated to someone around his age, but still strong enough to be a shittenou.

Scott85 said:
You could have replaced Aaron with any filler character and most of the episode would have played out exactly the same.

I agree, this episode doesn't look like a good representation of an Elite Four member. Going into detail about Aaron's past, and the old TR-centered scheme of whooshing the Pokemon away is something that could be done to a CoTD. I hope they don't do this to "Jun".

I guess the reason why this ep was different is it'd be too much a copy of the other Elite 4 episodes otherwise.

Almost all the Elite eps have the main characters glorifying them, remember Brock admiring Bruno in Kanto and Misty loving Prima/Lorelei in Orange Islands?

Wallace had all those cheering fans too. Aaron's ep was a bit different, just like how Agatha, Lance and Cynthia have different types of Elite eps.

I agree, this episode doesn't look like a good representation of an Elite Four member. Going into detail about Aaron's past, and the old TR-centered scheme of whooshing the Pokemon away is something that could be done to a CoTD. I hope they don't do this to "Jun".

Its not like its a bad thing giving a character who exists in more than one canon a back story as compared to going into flash backs for a character we'll never see again.

That Cynthia pic was odd. Girls in the Poke-verse only have washboard tummies or are noticibly overweight.

I don't see it as a bad thing, really. It may be an 'error' but seeing a more normal figure is nice for a change...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom