• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP101: Enter Rival Trainer Jun!!

edit: wonder what that badge is?

DP101_Badges.jpg

It looks like a badly misdrawn and miscolored Beacon Badge if anything...

It's simply an anime only Sinnoh badge
It's not like it's anything new that the anime is more realistic and has more than 8 Gyms each region... we saw different badges all the previous sagas too

It's simply an anime only Sinnoh badge
It's not like it's anything new that the anime is more realistic and has more than 8 Gyms each region... we saw different badges all the previous sagas too

Thing is, Jun's badge case still only has eight spaces, so it likely had to replace one of the existing badges. When Gary had his anime-only badges way back in the day, I remember his badge case having more than eight spaces.

Someone should go and have a look at Malice in Wonderland! to see if that badge appeared in the illusion badge case Mismagius gave Ash.

Just saw the episode
Jun's deep voice was a bit deep for me
Melissa making that suggestive moaning sound reminded me of something you'd hear from one of the girls in Majora's Mask.
James' little moment was adorable
Skipped over most of the battle cuz that stuff bores me
... darn, for some reason I miss Shinji even though he just showed up last week for basically the whole episode. Maybe I just miss him having his many cameos like from the Tobari arc to the Mikli cup. :/

Thing is, Jun's badge case still only has eight spaces, so it likely had to replace one of the existing badges. When Gary had his anime-only badges way back in the day, I remember his badge case having more than eight spaces.

What are you talking about? How is this different then Morrisson's 8th Hoenn badge being anime-exclusive and not from the game Gyms?

This is nothing new. Gary and Morrisson both had badges from anime-exclusive Gyms.

Huh, this is a thing I have always wanted the anime to show!

The anime-exclusive gyms.

I would love to see Satoshi failing to acquire a badge in one of the gyms and going to the different one instead. Just to show that they DO remember the badges they created.

Of course, I would like to see it as long as it DOES NOT replace any of the game's events. An anime-only Gym Leader would surely be cooler than some random COtD, but not cooler than a game character.

^it looks kinda similar to the coal badge only the bottom is mishapened, intresting though that he's beaten Byron..

While it isn't confirmed that list of Poké supposed to appear soon seems to be correct
Magmortar = fire Poké = good for the steel Gym = Paul might appear... almost immediately after Jun appeared and wanted to meet him... maybe Jun join the twerps for a while to train and later return to Hearthome and try again? I really hope they'll do it...

Here's the badge case from the Mumage episode; anyone notice if Jun's badge is in there? I can't see it if it is.

1187259380280a2cb.jpg

We just had a 22 minute episode and you guys only care about a 1 second shot?
That's BMGF I suppose. I actually waited till I got home to find out what happened instead of getting up early. Like it better; more suspense.

What happened to Chimchar and Gliscor after Ash first sent them out? (before the Ash/Jun battle) I don't like competent Gliscor much =/

Electrode never stops being funny.

I think the only time we saw an anime-only Gym was the Coastline Gym back in the last eps of Johto.

It wasn't an official Gym, but the trainer there said it would become a real Gym in the future.

Anyone remember that ep? Ash battled underwater...so did Misty.

And yet the scenes used of it in the lecture were from the Orange Islands! That really goes to show how little exposure some Pokemon have had over the years at the expense of others...

Electrode was in the ep where Chikorita evolved into Bayleef, and Wattson in Hoenn had a lot of Electrode too.

I love Jun! He's so funny! Hopefully he appears more throughout DP, I'm really glad to know he'll be in the next episode, too! What's that word he keeps saying over and over again? "nandaio" (I think) mean?

I never said this before, but in this generation, I do like what they did to the rival. Brought out the comedy and hyperactivity in him. This is developed in the manga as well. I again hope they do justice in the dub, because I do want to see this episode. "Jun" may possibly be one of my favorite rivals. He's not like the G/S/C rival because he's cheery and cares for his Pokemon. That's the difference.

So...Dawn knows "Jun" but he doesn't? And it seems that I was wrong, Ash may see "Jun" again in the League. I'd be very happy if he came back.

From what I caught, they are both from Twinleaf but they don't know each other.

He only knows her as "that girl who lost to Shinji at the Tag Tournament."

I really like Jun! I knew it from the preview! ^__^
So Dawn know Jun but he didn't remember her except for being the one eho lost to Paul... and I think Brock he didn't remember at all XD

I'm a little confused... Do Dawn and Jun know each other or not?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom