• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP103: Chaotic Melee in Mio City!

HAH more phisical gender differences!
femalestarme6.th.jpg

If Staravia leaves, then it better be with Ash's Pidgeot >(

Casual_Furi said:
That random infomercial came out of NOWHERE!

No, the dialogue right before it set it up; Jun and the others were telling Nyasu that if he quits the Rocket-Dan, he can use the fact that he's a rare talking pokemon to become famous on TV.

Is the dub leavng in the Kanji like DP 044?

There was no kanji in DP 044 (outside of the episode's title screen), and there was no kanji in this one, either.

Wow, did anyone notice Swinub got literally NO screentime in this episode?

I actually forgot Swinub was with the group, did we even see it in this episode outside of the opening group shot?

Dawn actually ran to hug Buneary and Pachi, yet Swinub was in the background somewhere. Its like the writers don't care about the thing.

Ah, I see. Good thing we have a translator!
I honestly can't tell the difference between Japanese/Chinese/Pokemon world writing. They all like the same to me.
This is to what I was alluding before:
205.jpg

So I'm going to make a guess that when the gang goes to Iron Island Jun will just have left and Gen will say something about an energetic boy with a good spirit or some shit like that to whom he gave a pokemon egg.

>OMG a blimp! Hehe, haven't seen one of those for a while. Jun looks so impatient...
>music on the blimp is pretty cool, though.
>^_^ and text right in front of Ash's face. That's just funny
>is it just me, or does Brock kinda look like an old man when he's sitting there?
>wow, Mio City is beautiful! I have to wonder where all the forests and greenery and stuff they painted in from above went when they landed, though
>flight attendant Jessie is kinda scary...
>and James' smile is just plain creepy
>wow, Swinub got some screentime! Bet $100 that this it doesn't actually do anything for the rest of the episode.
>I like the music in the background during this time, though -- nice clarinet solo (I play it, so whenever I hear something that features it, I make sure and mention it ^_^;;)
>My god, does Jun have anything other than that godammed Empoleon? We haven't even seen that Roserade or Staraptor of his since his debut episode.
>hehe, doughnuts. I still say Meowth's Japanese voice sounds like he's ready to rip someone's face off -- especially when he's wearing that kind of expression. Where's Yanmega, though?
>stupid humans...you'd think they'd be on to the pit trap by now. Then again, you'd think Jessie and James would have thought of a new plan by now too.
>that must be one shallow pit if they can stand up in it...why don't any of the pokemon start attacking to try and break the net until Ash and Jun say so, though? And Brock and Dawn don't make any commands to their pokemon at all!
>ah, the classes example of #11 in the Anime Laws of Physics -- everything explodes.
>wow...Pachi's head is way too big for it's body. Or is that just me again?
>dear LORD, Meowth has some disturbing expressions! ^_^ I love Mime Jr., though!
>this only furthers my suspicion that Meowth is Pikachu's father. Look at the way he's treating him -- just as a parent treats a reluctant child!
>Empoleon's voice is way too high...I expected it to be a lot deeper
>oh dear, Piplup's leading the group. This can't end well. I like it's little poses, though -- it really is a little brat. Just like Dawn :) I find it interesting that it's personality comes back as soon as she's gone, and I remember why I initially liked this thing.
>Aww, Gliscor's so adorable! ^_^
>I noticed, at the beginning of this scene, when it's panning over towards the shot of the bridge and all we hear is Brock's voice, there are two shaded figures on the far right of the screen. Who could they be?
>"Oh noes! It's Team Rocket! They can't possibly be using their balloon to look for their pokemon -- Staravia, go pop their balloon!"
>James' fake Staravia ploy...really shouldn't have worked as well as it did. ^_^ but hey, we finally get to see some emotion in that bird -- and it's funny!
>this has got to be the first time we actually see their balloon go down like that, instead of blasting off with them
>Croagunk's just chillin' out. ^_^
> cute little song, Piplup. :) too bad you suck at being a leader
>well well, Pikachu gets some odd expressions in this episode as well
>random 'blasting off' flashbacks...I think Meowth's trying to convince Pika that he wants to leave Team Rocket? man, it's times like this I really wish I actually spoke Japanese...
>dude...is Staravia mentally/verbally doing the equivalent of jacking off in front of that fake girl Staravia? That's just creepy...
>and, randomly, every other pokemon just happens to be in the same group and shows up while they're talking. *sigh* oh look, there's Swinub again, it's done absolutely nothing!
>and all Jun can think about is his damn Empoleon. as per usual. >.>
>aww, James and Carnivine reuniting is so adorable! But how come Seviper gets no lovin' from Jessie? She all over Wobbufett, but barely even glances at Seviper! Harsh...still, it looks happy enough. Almost looks like it's going to wag it's tail
>you know, before I saw Happiny carrying Grotle, I never thought a Grotle could be cute ^_^ but that expression did it for me
>"Oh snap, it's Ash!" XD great expression on both Meowth and Mime Jr.
>really didn't see the point of the sudden cut to black-and-white
>XD did I mention how much I love James' Japanese voice, as well as Mine Jr.?
>Meowth is such a spaz...and Pikachu's along for the ride. ^_^ Pachirisu, however, seems a few berries short of a Poffin, if catch my drift
>LOL at Jessie's voice when she's sticking her tongue out at Ash!
>and still, all Jun can think about is his Empoleon. Le sigh
>I wish I knew what Meowth said that made everyone go "HUH?!" and flip out like that after Pikachu and them got reunited
>okay, definitely trying to convince them he's leaving TR. His visions of Jessie and James were...disturbing, to say the least.
>I'll say this for Jun -- the fact that he doesn't look like he's buying Meowth's story makes him a smarter cookie than the trio.
>so they get Poffins instead of regular pokemon food now? And can someone explain how Empoleon is able to hold a mug?
>so...Meowth has dreams of being an infomercial star or something? 0.o
>FINALLY Staravia realizes that it's a fake! It's expression was great, though -- the thing's finally getting something resembling a personality
>yet another very shallow pit...
>dang, how far around can Jessie turn her head?!
>still love James and Mime Jr. ^_^
>ooh, Meowth's in some deep sh*t now. Jessie does not look happy with him!
>wow, Mime Jr.'s actually battling! ^_^ Buizel copying Teeter Dance is pretty funny, though :)
>okay, I know everything explodes in animes, but that explosion after Buizel's Sonic Boom was huge! It almost looked like a mushroom cloud was going to start forming or something!
>aw, fond memories flashbacks. ^_^
>dude, Meowth just had a total Wolverine moment...until the background went all pastel and sparkly and stuff. Still, taking down Empoleon like that -- sheesh!
>0.0 WTF is with Meowth's heart randomly trying to escape his chest?!
>and he's still holding the Poffin...
>one of TR's better blast offs, IMO
>still, if Pachirisu's a few berries short of a Poffin, Staravia doesn't even know what a berry is
>I'm not liking the new 'look' for Brock whenever he tries to impress a girl...he looks more creepy than bishi to me. Still, great way to bring Croagunk back into the group ^_^
>OMG GAME MUSIC! ^_^;; I notice them using a lot more of it, lately.
>JUN IS FINALLY LEAVING!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD, but he pissed me off! I won't miss him, that's for sure!
>look, we're walking, but we're not getting anywhere!
>"food? where?" ^_^ ah, gotta love good ol' Team Rocket.

Nope. Iwane didn't have anything at all to do with this episode (nor did Tamagawa); it was all Natsume's work.

No, the portion right before the commercial is DEFINITELY one of the two's work. The style is SO different from Natsume's, and it is especially obvious with the hands and Nyasu and Manene's squirming around.

hmm is Ash's Staraviva male? Because it followed the "Female Staraviva" so is it male?

So it is finally confirmed that Jun is going to Iron Island. So there is a high possibility of him getting the Riolu egg.

I'm going to miss Jun as part of the group, I really liked him in these three eps. He seemed to fit right in too.

It just proves what new life a group could have with a new character added to it.

Why has the Riolu egg suddenly become such a hot topic? What if we found out some random guy was going to Iron island, or a trainer that's not Jun? Would he get the Riolu egg?

Hey couldn't Jun just have Saraptor look for the other Pokemon?

That would mean he'd have to be smart in order to think of that. And frankly, I don't think he's got the attention span to stop and think of that possibility. With the others in such a rush to keep up with him, it's no wonder that none of them thought of it either. >.>

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom