• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP104: Crecelia VS Darkrai! ・ DP105: Yōkan and Rotom!

The Darkrai vs Cressila ep looks kinda meh, but as said before, I guess I shouldn't judge from the few clips they showed. The Rotom ep looks really amusing though. I especially like the part where Ash, Pika and Chimmy get freaked out by the Cut forme Rotom.

Lawnmower Rotom reminds me of the fourth movie short with the psycho lawnmower. Fridge Rotom is scary.

Overall, the Rotom episode is looking to be one big WTFfest.

Rotom in its Cut form looks awesome. And I'm just saying this because of the way Ash is freaked out by it.

Go Platinum. XD

Bets that, when Darkrai and Cresselia fight, there will not be a single reference to Movie 10. Other than that, the Rotom episode looks really funny.

YAY, this episode just got even better. It looks like the second teaser for the 12th Pokemon Movie will be attached to it, kinda early especially when coro-coro is suppose to reveal it on December 15th but it is still exciting:)

New summaries of these episodes are located here. Feel free to translate...someone.

The summaries loosely/crappily summarized
Cresselia vs Darkrai!

Satoshi-tachi go to Mio Gym, but a pupil tells them that the Gym Leader is not there. The other pupils are sleeping (?) or something, and at a police box, Satoshi-tachi are told that the people of the town are having nightmares, and that the cause of the nightmares seems to be the Pokemon Darkrai.

Yokan and Rotom!

Okido-hakase recommends the "Hotel Mori no Yokan" to Satoshi-tachi, as they serve yokan (the dessert) at the hotel. Satoshi-tachi go to the hotel immediately, but the hotel is closed. When they are about to turn back and leave, the doors open by themselves. Satoshi-tachi go inside where they see a microwave oven. Satoshi and Pikachu stare at the mysterious microwave oven, and the oven suddenly attacks!

*November 27th there is a break.
*In some areas the broadcast content is different.

Huh. So EVERYONE in Mio is having nightmares? So, we can never see Namiki and his son... What a shame. But, who knows.

Tachi means 'group' or somehing like that, right? It's been bothering me for a while.

Last edited:
The Rotom episode looks like a much better and funnier episode than the Darkrai episode, at least by what we know.

I hope Cresslia gets another appearance later on though, it would be a shame if its only appearance in the anime is one ep.

Those episode summaries were already translated on the previous page...

So we have an evil Darkrai like in the games. So Ash is going to be the player in the games, search for Cresslia and save the town.

I never liked how they made Darkrai into some sort of misunderstood hero in the 10th movie, it almost reminded me of what they did with Deoxys searching for his friend in Movie 7.

Why do the writers turn legendaries who could be evil or menacing, into misunderstood creatures? It completely sours some of the movies. The whole 10th movie ended on such a horrible note, it literally reminded me of Movie 7 and Deoxys underwhelming conclusion.

I don't know if they're going to do the same thing with the Darkrai in this episode, but I hope it doesn't wind up as underwhelming and poorly done as Movie 10's Darkrai.

I never liked how they made Darkrai into some sort of misunderstood hero in the 10th movie, it almost reminded me of what they did with Deoxys searching for his friend in Movie 7.

Why do the writers turn legendaries who could be evil or menacing, into misunderstood creatures? It completely sours some of the movies. The whole 10th movie ended on such a horrible note, it literally reminded me of Movie 7 and Deoxys underwhelming conclusion.

I don't know if they're going to do the same thing with the Darkrai in this episode, but I hope it doesn't wind up as underwhelming and poorly done as Movie 10's Darkrai.

Well, what would you expect? It's been pretty much confirmed that there is no such thing as an Evil Pokemon in the series (It's been stated ever since "Island of the Giant Pokemon").

Besides, even in the games, Darkrai wasn't really evil (It was implied in Platinum that it's nightmares are only inflicted upon people and pokemon out of self defense, and are NEVER done out of Malicious intent.). The only time Darkrai was EVER portrayed as evil was in Mystery dungeon's side epilogue, which even then, it showed a completely different personality when it went amnesiac (which hints that it may have also been controlled by some unknown force.).

Though, yeah, let's just wait and see (Heck, for all we know, they could put Platinum's Dex entry to good use [as if Movie 10 wasn't enough] and reveal that it put the town into a nightmare-fest because they tried to attack it.)

It's been mentioned by Satoshi Tajiri himself that Pokémon themselves weren't ment to be evil. Sure they have the abilities to do all sorts of evil things, but that's only because of either ignorance of others (As with the case with Dialga and Palkia) or they've been told by a person to do so. The creatures themselves are unable to make such choices, unlike human beings. Darkrai, Deoxys and even Dialga, Palkia and Giratina (That seem to possess powers beyond imagining) are under the same sort of "clause".

This is the reason why Pokémon games always seem to have organizations of human beings as the main antangonists and not actual Pokémon.

Besides, it adds depth to the characters. It would be extremely predictible if Darkrai really was evil. But it only gets a bad rep due to it's appearence and it's powers to tap into nightmares.

Actually, it would be interesting if it was Cressilia that instigated the confrantation in the episode. Since it always seem to be portrayed as "good" in the same way that Darkrai is portrayed as evil.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom