• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Review DP107: Rampald VS Torideps!!

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
- We see lots of shots of Tridgeps fighting Rampard.

- We also see Tougan and Hyouta, doing that Japanese glaring at each other while a stream of lightning can be seen between their eyes thing.

- At one point, we see Tougan freaking out at all the holes that have been dug in what I assume is his gym.

- We also see Satoshi-tachi, Tougan, and Hyouta running around underground.

- The preview ends with some more generic shots of Trideps fighting Rampard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clap Clap
Reaction score
Looks like this will a good episode. Sounds like it'll be some funny father/son arguing and what looks like a good battle.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
stolen from sppf;

Looks pretty good for being Kinoshita.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Tougan looks somewhat... chibi. But scary in his chibiness. Huh, that's Kinoshita for ya.

And the Tougan with his shovel reminds me of one of the awesomest games in the world.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could someone post a ramparados vs. bastiodon pic. please?

Reaction score
Roark gets 5 episodes, we haven't seen a Gym leader in 5 eps since Claire back in Johto.

Man, poor Wake must be crying himself to sleep somewhere. He only got 2 measly eps.

WTF?
Reaction score
Roark gets 5 episodes, we haven't seen a Gym leader in 5 eps since Claire back in Johto.
And I have a feeling he's going to get more. It'd be unusual for him to say and not watch Ash kick his father's ass.

Reaction score

Man, poor Wake must be crying himself to sleep somewhere. He only got 2 measly eps.
Well, if Hyouta can return after 90 episodes, and we also saw Natane return, then it's hardly inconceivable that Maximum Mask could return at some point during the remainder of the saga, too.

Returning Gym Leaders has seemed a fair amount more common this time around.

Reaction score
And I have a feeling he's going to get more. It'd be unusual for him to say and not watch Ash kick his father's ass.
Good point, I think he will stick around for Ash's match.

Roark doesn't really have that much personality though, which amazes me how much screentime he's getting. Gardenia, Fantina, Wake and even Maylene seem to have more personality than he does.

Reaction score
Being a father's son and all the complications with that doesn't count as affecting personality? That type of relationship has nothing on the character's personality? Really? I disagree.

Take the Stage!
Reaction score
darnit. I was hoping Iwane would do this episode, leave a good impression for Byron appearance wise, ya know? Wait... that means in all likelihood, Iwane will get the Riley episode. Squee!

Looks like a nice episode. This fatherxson rivalry thing is a nice feature.

BackwardsMan, huh?
Reaction score
You know, after reading the D/P Adventures manga, I did not expect Byron to look so...uh...off? I'm sorry. I can't think of a better word to describe what I'm seeing.

On the other hand: Hoo-rah! Roark's been one of my favorite anime gym leaders, right after Maylene.

Please don't be rude if I make a mistake.
Reaction score
darnit. I was hoping Iwane would do this episode, leave a good impression for Byron appearance wise, ya know?
Iwane will be animating the Mio Gym Battle episode.

Reaction score
Tougan looks... interesting. Kinda cool. He has cool hair.

Just me or has Kinoshita been getting a lot of unsuitable episodes? First the Melissa battle, then DP100 and now this? What happened to giving her fillers? She's obviously not improving because when we think she does, she gives us another crappily animated episode.

Yawn.
Reaction score
Y'know for a Kinoshita ep, the animation looks pretty good ,imo. I think this ep is going to be great. The battle looks good and it seems to be a nice intro ep for Byron.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
The Pokemon Sunday preview did have some new footage, but it was more or less only new close-ups on Hyouta and Tougan, like them throwing their Monster Balls.

Oh well, I'm certainly looking forward to this episode. Tougan looks like one neat guy.

Reaction score
Is this the first time two gym leaders have battled each other?

Reaction score
Pretty much. I also don't think Misty and Brock ever battled each other either, so this is definitely a first for Gym leaders.