• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP107: Rampald VS Torideps!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
- We see lots of shots of Tridgeps fighting Rampard.

- We also see Tougan and Hyouta, doing that Japanese glaring at each other while a stream of lightning can be seen between their eyes thing.

- At one point, we see Tougan freaking out at all the holes that have been dug in what I assume is his gym.

- We also see Satoshi-tachi, Tougan, and Hyouta running around underground.

- The preview ends with some more generic shots of Trideps fighting Rampard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this will a good episode. Sounds like it'll be some funny father/son arguing and what looks like a good battle.

stolen from sppf;

n4y611.jpg

2elqyy9.jpg

2z6w8er.jpg

Looks pretty good for being Kinoshita.

Tougan looks somewhat... chibi. But scary in his chibiness. Huh, that's Kinoshita for ya.

And the Tougan with his shovel reminds me of one of the awesomest games in the world.

Last edited:
Roark gets 5 episodes, we haven't seen a Gym leader in 5 eps since Claire back in Johto.

Man, poor Wake must be crying himself to sleep somewhere. He only got 2 measly eps.

Roark gets 5 episodes, we haven't seen a Gym leader in 5 eps since Claire back in Johto.

And I have a feeling he's going to get more. It'd be unusual for him to say and not watch Ash kick his father's ass.

Man, poor Wake must be crying himself to sleep somewhere. He only got 2 measly eps.

Well, if Hyouta can return after 90 episodes, and we also saw Natane return, then it's hardly inconceivable that Maximum Mask could return at some point during the remainder of the saga, too.

Returning Gym Leaders has seemed a fair amount more common this time around.

And I have a feeling he's going to get more. It'd be unusual for him to say and not watch Ash kick his father's ass.

Good point, I think he will stick around for Ash's match.

Roark doesn't really have that much personality though, which amazes me how much screentime he's getting. Gardenia, Fantina, Wake and even Maylene seem to have more personality than he does.

Being a father's son and all the complications with that doesn't count as affecting personality? That type of relationship has nothing on the character's personality? Really? I disagree.

darnit. I was hoping Iwane would do this episode, leave a good impression for Byron appearance wise, ya know? Wait... that means in all likelihood, Iwane will get the Riley episode. Squee!

Looks like a nice episode. This fatherxson rivalry thing is a nice feature.

You know, after reading the D/P Adventures manga, I did not expect Byron to look so...uh...off? I'm sorry. I can't think of a better word to describe what I'm seeing.

On the other hand: Hoo-rah! Roark's been one of my favorite anime gym leaders, right after Maylene.

Tougan looks... interesting. Kinda cool. He has cool hair.

Just me or has Kinoshita been getting a lot of unsuitable episodes? First the Melissa battle, then DP100 and now this? What happened to giving her fillers? She's obviously not improving because when we think she does, she gives us another crappily animated episode.

Y'know for a Kinoshita ep, the animation looks pretty good ,imo. I think this ep is going to be great. The battle looks good and it seems to be a nice intro ep for Byron.

The Pokemon Sunday preview did have some new footage, but it was more or less only new close-ups on Hyouta and Tougan, like them throwing their Monster Balls.

Oh well, I'm certainly looking forward to this episode. Tougan looks like one neat guy.

Pretty much. I also don't think Misty and Brock ever battled each other either, so this is definitely a first for Gym leaders.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom