• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP108 Title, 25 December confirmed.

Its quite possible its a redux of Dewford Island, where Ash loses and goes on a training arc and gets sidetracked along the way.

Riley's episode

Hello. I'm Japanese. I'm sorry to poor English.

Actually, Riley's episode is #110,#111.

In TV-Tokyo and most of Site,"Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu!" is #71,#72.
But,in OLM(making Pokemon Animation),they are managed as special episode.
So,#108 in TV-Tokyo is #106 in OLM.
The informaiton(Riley's episode is #108,#109) is announced by the latter
So,Riley's episode is #110,#111. They will air January.

Pokeani's information is maybe mistake.

You know, since we don't seem to be having another contest before this gym battle, we may have to change the prediction of there being one more loss for Hikari before the Grand Festival. She still needs two Ribbons, and she could get one between gym 6 and 7, and one between gym 7 and 8.

WTF?? Episode 576 is already going to feature the 6th gym battle! That just can be...so short after Ash's 5th battle... :banghead:
:eek:Are they really beginning to rush the series now? :eek:...

omg, they ARE going to rush the series now...bad, very bad...:bawling:

WTF?? Episode 576 is already going to feature the 6th gym battle! That just can be...so short after Ash's 5th battle... :banghead:

You do realize its possible Ash can lose?

I assume you watched the previous seasons? The gap between the Rustboro and Dewford Gym was only 3 episodes. Ash then lost and went on a training arc that spanned 10 episodes on Dewford Island.

Why is it so hard to remember stuff that happened in previous arcs?

Episodes 5 & 7 from Kanto were both gym battles.

Doesn't Dawn usually participate in a contest before Ash has his gm battle though?

I hope to Arceus Ash uses the damn scorpion in a gym battle already! It's been passed over 3 times in a row, while Buizel gets all the focus.

That "Scorpion" should most likely get used, though I don't think this is really its battle to win. I think the 8th gym with it being part ground and all.

Also, between Buizel, grotle, and chimchar...do you guys think he is really going to lose. I mean, I would like to see some more training episodes that way we can get some new attacks, fighting styles, and that way we don't rush any evolutions(monferno I'm hoping is the next one).

Hello. I'm Japanese. I'm sorry to poor English.

Actually, Riley's episode is #110,#111.

In TV-Tokyo and most of Site,"Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu!" is #71,#72.
But,in OLM(making Pokemon Animation),they are managed as special episode.
So,#108 in TV-Tokyo is #106 in OLM.
The informaiton(Riley's episode is #108,#109) is announced by the latter
So,Riley's episode is #110,#111. They will air January.

Pokeani's information is maybe mistake.

Thanks!
So we know for sure now - Byron's episodes are 107-108, than 109 currently unknown (possibly part 2 for the Gym?) and than Riley in 110-111
If we get more titles this way we should remember to add +2 to get the "real" number (it's really irritating how now even official sources contradict themselves on the episode numbers)

DP109 could be a contest or a rematch for Ash and Roark or Paul's Magmortar VS Ash's Monferno. What do you think?

You do realize its possible Ash can lose?

Why do you guys want Ash to lose so badly? Wouldn't you be annoyed by Ash losing everytime? I'm pretty much annoyed by the training arcs already. There's really enough training arcs. What can they done in Iron Island? I so badly don't want it to happen again. The Dewford arc is just too boring for me and I didn't see any trainings at all! I would complain about the training arc unless they have eps with Brock spending time with the rock Pokémon on Iron Island/Jessie winning yet another ribbon on-screen in which she defeated Dawn's Piplup/Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine in the final while Ash is training around secretly off-screen. That would be good. But I don't see them happening.

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to remember stuff that happened in previous arcs?

Because it would make Ash look ridiculous, if he lost again against a gym leader in his first try.
So, I can't help thinking that this episode will feature the only battle against Byron and then again, it applies what I've claimed above...

Let's hope that I'm wrong...but chances are rather against it, frankly:dizzy:

It'll be cool to have an episode to watch on Christmas. :) Has there been two gym battles that have been closer together than this before?

Both the Boulder Badge/Cascade Badge and Marsh Badge/Rainbow Badge wins took place over the course of two episode gaps.

I just hope that Ash taking part in the Canalave Gym battle already means that they aren't starting to rush the rest of Sinnoh.

Rushing the rest of Sinnoh would be fine, I'd rather more time spent on the Sinnoh league and the possible Elite 4 at any rate.

Remember there was like a 30 episode gap between Gardenia and Maylene, so perhaps the writers are making up for the gap by speeding things up a bit.

The only time when Ash uses his old Pokemon again will be either the league or more likely the Elite 4 matches, so I'd rather get to that quicker so they all get proper screentime.

If Ash failed to defeat Byron, I can see Jun being the second Paul in Iron Island.(their promise in DP102) I didn't want that to happen.

Rushing the rest of Sinnoh would be fine, I'd rather more time spent on the Sinnoh league and the possible Elite 4 at any rate.

Well, I'd hope that the rounds of the Sinnoh League is much more than that of the previous ones. Then his Pokémon will become tired, forcing him to use his old Pokémon. And yeah, I'd like the writers to handle his training with his Pokémon seriously, unlike the training for Indigo League. Hopefully Brock will be the one to remind him of his training instead of Misty this time.

And yeah, I'd like the writers to handle his training with his Pokémon seriously, unlike the training for Indigo League. Hopefully Brock will be the one to remind him of his training instead of Misty this time.

Ash did some training before both the Johto and Hoenn leagues, even if it was for only 5 minutes of an ep. Besides, he seems to be training in almost every DP ep nowadays, they're constantly battling in this season, moreso than all the previous.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom