• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP108 Title revealed

Gligarman said:
I always felt that Lucario was worth more than a cameo.

Funny, I always felt the same way about Sunkern.

Lucario has gotten enough screentime already, it doesn't need to be on the cast.

It got an entire movie, 4 episodes with Maylene, Riolu was in the Ranger special, Lucario is in this current arc with Riley, and Cynthia's Lucario is bound to appear eventually too.

I have absolutely no desire to see Lucario as part of the cast, I don't want to see Ash get rid of any of his current pokemon.

Amen to that.

Those were Daycare centers, not breeding centers. Completely different thing as far as the anime is concerned. Takeshi's "breeder" profession does not exist in the games in any shape or form, and has nothing to do with getting eggs.

Erm, technically, raising your Pokémon in the games pretty much fufills the role of the anime's "breeder" in the games. Somewhat.

You raise them from initially weak and unskilled monsters into trained and powerful fighters or beautiful in contests.

Anyway, I feel that there are enough cast members for now. There's no need to add more for the sake of adding more.

Were already up to what? 25?

I would much rather see Lucario on Ash's team than that wasted Gliscor... having two Flying types is bad enough, and it only gets worse when neither of them actually does anything. Not to mention a Buizel/Lucario rivalry could result, which would be nice to see after the wasted potential of Buizel's 'rivalry' with Croagunk that never went past the Lucian episode.

The missing episodes between Chaotic Melee in Canalave City!! and Riley and Lucario! probably involve gym battles with Byron.

I would not call Gliscor "wasted".

Not all Pokémon are supposed to be hardened battle machines that only exist to fight others.

They are fully fledged characters in their own right.

Besides, a Lucario/Buizel rivialry of sorts would get pretty old.

I would not call Gliscor "wasted".

Not all Pokémon are supposed to be hardened battle machines that only exist to fight others.

They are fully fledged characters in their own right.

Besides, a Lucario/Buizel rivialry of sorts would get pretty old.

Has Gliscor actually done anything significant since it evolved? Or since Ash got it for that matter? Besides being creamed by Paul, that is.

There are other things that have already gotten old, like Zoey, and Chimchar only emerging to do something significant when Paul is around.

Those were Daycare centers, not breeding centers. Completely different thing as far as the anime is concerned. Takeshi's "breeder" profession does not exist in the games in any shape or form, and has nothing to do with getting eggs.

The English translation of the games and anime might've been somewhat vague on the subject, but they're different concepts in the original. Hence, Takeshi has nothing to do with eggs.

I'm pretty sure that "May's egg-cellent adventure" referred to it as a "breeding center" instead of a daycare center (I mean, Nicolette's article even referred to her occupation as a worker at a breeding center.). Also, Brock's position and the concept of a Breeder are the same thing (both involve breeding pokemon, and both involve raising it.). Stop acting like Games=/=anime, since, guess what, they are more similar than you think.

Also, just something of note, Brock does call himself a "Breeder" in the original version as well, and the japanese name of Pokemon Breeder, is of course, Pokemon Breeder. Heck, it's even implied that breeders actually have pokemon hatch from eggs (if you notice, the parties of a Pokemon Breeder since Gen III have baby pokemon in them.), plus, they still hint that they are breeders in both the Eggseter town episode, and "May's Eggcellent adventure", so stop acting like they aren't the same.

@Commander Saturn: you do realize that Staravia took out Gardenia's Cheribui, and other things, right?

I'm pretty sure that "May's egg-cellent adventure" referred to it as a "breeding center" instead of a daycare center

In the dub? Maybe. Don't know. Didn't see it. It was not the case with the Japanese version, so if the dub called it that, it was changed for the dub.

Also, just something of note, Brock does call himself a "Breeder" in the original version as well, and the japanese name of Pokemon Breeder, is of course, Pokemon Breeder.

Yes.

plus, they still hint that they are breeders in both the Eggseter town episode, and "May's Eggcellent adventure", so stop acting like they aren't the same.
?

No, what's being done there is referred to as "sodateru", not "breeding". Sodateru can be translated to breeding, but they're being treated as two different concepts as far as the anime is concerned.
Takeshi does breeding, the daycare people do sodateru, and only one of those involve eggs. The dub might've translated sodateru as "breeding" in some episodes, but... that really doesn't change anything, since they're not the one writing the series.
Breeding, as in what the original writers call breeding, is not related to eggs.

In the dub? Maybe. Don't know. Didn't see it. It was not the case with the Japanese version, so if the dub called it that, it was changed for the dub.

Actually, I based it off of Bulbapedia's article on Nicholette.

No, what's being done there is referred to as "sodateru", not "breeding". Sodateru can be translated to breeding, but they're being treated as two different concepts as far as the anime is concerned.
Takeshi does breeding, the daycare people do sodateru, and only one of those involve eggs. The dub might've translated sodateru as "breeding" in some episodes, but... that really doesn't change anything, since they're not the one writing the series.
Breeding, as in what the original writers call breeding, is not related to eggs.

Yamato San, is this true?! If he says it's not, then we'll see if you are telling the truth.

So let me get this straight. Not only are we jumping to Canalave, but we are staying there for 6 eps at least? Unless they are heading to Iron Island on their way out of Canalave, which would make more sense.

Gliscor is a great Pokemon, its just the Phanpy or Snorunt of DP. Neither of those two got much screentime either.

...Gliscor just doesn't "fit" in Ash's group. I dunno it doesn't look like a Pokemon he would have. More like a Team Rocket Pokemon.

...Gliscor just doesn't "fit" in Ash's group. I dunno it doesn't look like a Pokemon he would have. More like a Team Rocket Pokemon.

Glalie didn't look like it fit Ash either, but he got it.

The show has been gradually moving Ash away from the cute little tiny Pokemon ever since the start of Hoenn. Most of his Pokemon evolved that arc and Sinnoh will probably be the same.

I'm willing to bet the Riolu egg plot will be completely omitted (if only to shut to riolu 4 ash people up). And if it's not, there's no way Ash will get it. His team is full. Brock won't get it because the writers refuse to let him have more than three Pokemon at once. The only likely candidate for Riolu is Dawn. All previous main girl characters have a Pokemon that hatched from an egg (Togepi/Togetic and Eevee/Glaceon) and Dawn hasn't yet.

I'd rather not see Riolu/Lucario as a member of the main cast (I'm seriously sick of this "omg lyk aura! riolu 4 ash!!!!!" crap), but if it HAS to be I'd much rather see it in contests than battles, just to mix things up a bit.

Actually glalie looks like it fits in...it's very colorful. Gliscor is very dark, not marketable, and overall just doesn't fit Ash's personality. Plus Paul already has one...does he not?

...uh his team right now looks like it consists pretty much of all cute Pokemon outside of Gliscor.

Mark my words it'll be either Oaked or Traded...

Uggh...I hope not...they've already made the mistake of having one trade in DP, they don't need to repeat the awful experience and have another one (unless the trade involved Staravia and Ambipom...but I digress).

I'm all for Ash having non-cute Pokemon-Gliscor fits Ash just fine. The writers figured out last season that having Ash own nothing but cute pokemon doesn't work, and with Gliscor now, and Monferno/Infernape and possibly Floatzel in the future, they're making up for the "no-evo permanently cute" errors they made in Kanto and Johto.

Last edited:
Actually glalie looks like it fits in...it's very colorful. Gliscor is very dark, not marketable, and overall just doesn't fit Ash's personality. Plus Paul already has one...does he not?

...uh his team right now looks like it consists pretty much of all cute Pokemon outside of Gliscor.

*Points to attachment* That's dark? If you ask me, Glalie's the one that gives children nightmares. =/

People for years wanted some kind of a deeper plot. Now they're building up something, with Ash and Aura....and people are whining about it?

Honestly, I would not be surprised at all if they dropped almost all elements of Aura from 5th gen onward. Especially if they introduce a new 5th gen Pokémon with an even more amazing supernatural ability.

Also, as I mentioned before, are Pokémon just battling machines that are only there to serve as superpowers for their trainers? No.

Adding Gliscor is actually brilliant since it doesn't rely on looks or battling skills to earn a spot in the main cast.

The sixth Pokémon Ash acquires on his journey has always been a "wild card" and could be anything. That's how it's always been set up.

Uggh...I hope not...they've already made the mistake of having one trade in DP, they don't need to repeat the awful experience and have another one (unless the trade involved Staravia and Ambipom...but I digress).

hey, maybe they've planned to have that trade from the start?

Trades are an integral part of acquiring more Pokémon in the games, so why on earth should they be shown in a bad light?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom