• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP108 Title revealed

You know how much complaining there would be if Brock got a Lucario? Lucario is a fighter Pokemon, one you expect to see in battle, and Brock is hardly ever in any serious battles.

Croagunk's a fighting type as well.

And he has that rivialry going with Saturn's Toxicroak.

I just think Ash could trade a Pokemom for Riolu. Have Ash carry it around while its an egg than when it hatches, Ash asks it if it would like to come with him. Than he catches the Pokemon when it says yes. I think its the perfect choice for Ash, they've encountered each other so many times, Ash has the aura power two which helps.

Croagunk's a fighting type as well.

And he has that rivialry going with Saturn's Toxicroak.

And Saturn appears how often? Once every 30 episodes? And since it's not Brock's mascot(ish) Pokemon it'd only be there as often as Sudowoodo and fight as often as Croagunk. I don't want anyone to get Riolu, but Brock getting it would be bad mojo.

Hmm. I think that we need to know the missing titles before anything's decided. All it'll take is for Ep 107's title to be "Staravia's Dead!" or somesuch and Ash suddenly has a vacancy.

Personally I've been looking forward to the idea of Ash & Riolu for some time, especially if the writers use that as an excuse to develop Ash's Aura powers. I doubt it'll become Lucario until the Sinnoh League, though I wouldn't be surprised it it learned Aura Sphere fairly sharpish.

I doubt it'll become Lucario until the Sinnoh League,

This is exactly why I don't want Satoshi to get the egg. He wont be able to use it in time for the league, so it'll just be a wasted space on his team when he could be training another pokemon.

This is exactly why I don't want Satoshi to get the egg. He wont be able to use it in time for the league, so it'll just be a wasted space on his team when he could be training another pokemon.

So it must evolve to be used in the league? tell that to Pikachu... or Corphish
And I think he meant Riolu might evolve during/right before the league
Also as I said before- whoever get Riolu probably won't use it much until the next saga
I see no problem in Ash regularely change his team and make it like he has 7 at the same time

It doesn't matter whether it evolves or not. Since it just hatched from an egg there's no way it'll be strong enough to battle in the Shinou league.

The egg would probably hatch by Eterna Forest revisited; by then Ash would have to train his Riolu enough to keep up with the others. I would prefer that Ash oak Staravia/Staraptor; that thing's not too useful as of now. If that's the case, it'll be Lucario by the Sunyshore gym.

It doesn't matter whether it evolves or not. Since it just hatched from an egg there's no way it'll be strong enough to battle in the Shinou league.

What are you talking about? Ash used Phanpy in the league... May used Eevee for Contests and GF... Brock's Happiny is super strong...
It really doesn't say anything - not to mention if Ash get it now than it'll have some time to train... after it hatch we'll still have two more Gyms and by the league it sure would get some trainings (and even if it Oak'd than it'll train there like Torkoal who suddenly retured from there being able to almost beat a legendary)

Let me get this straight. A noticeable amount of people are sick of Pikachu yet so many want Ash to get Riolu.

The same thing will happen. People will get sick after a while if Riolu suddenly becoming one of his mainly used pokes. People already complain about the lack of appearance/development for some of Ash's pokemon, adding a 7th to the mix would be ridiculous. Also Lucario has been pimped out so much, why on earth does everyone want another one appearing? Just remember, Lucario = Aura, not Riolu. Plus the aura one went its seperate ways.

"Pikachu will ALWAYS stay in Ash's party no matter what. Refer to my last post to see whom Riolu would replace instead of Pikachu."

In no way did I say that Pikachu would be replaced. My point was that a notable amount of people dislike Pikachu for being in the limelight too much, now people are saying they want Riolu (if gotten) to have a lot of attention to it.

What I was trying to say is that it will just turn into the Pikachu situation, people will start to dislike Riolu.

Last edited:
After seeing the Ranger episode on Riolu, I could really care less if Ash gets a Riolu or not. It'd just be a lot of milking if Ash did get that Riolu.

Technically it would be the same thing as when the Aipom/Buizel trade happened, or when Paul released Chimchar and Ash got it.

I remember before those events happened, people argued against it, saying things like, "Ash will work with a cute Pokemon like Aipom whereas Dawn has a tough Pokemon like Buizel," or "Ash won't get all the starters again and Paul will keep Chimchar" and yet both ended up happening. It was both a shock and a slap in the face at the same time. So this could possibly happen, so there's no way to say either way.

I'd rather Ash not get Riolu simply because he has 6 Pokemon and that means one of them would have to be Oak'd so its disappointing.

I wish he would trade that damn Staravia for a Riolu. Gliscor is a much more interesting flyer.

Seems like Riley gets 109 too

Pokéani post
http://yumizushima.blog122.fc2.com/

またも水島裕さんのブリグより、二週連続でゲン登媴とのこと。
109話「鋼鉄島の遺跡!」…遺跡?

放送は来年の1月なそうです。

Google translation
Mizushima Hiroshi another's blog from the second week in a row and it appeared Gen.
109, said: "Steel ruins of the island!" ... The ruins?

January of next year's broadcast.

The VA's blog post
ポケモンの109話の収録がありました。
久しぶりの人間役で、しかもイケメン!

緊張しながらも気持ち良く演じてきました。

来年の1月に二週に渡って放送されます。

お楽しみに!

Google translation:
109 Pokemon were included in the story.
The role of humans in a long time, and hawt guy!

While tensions have been good plays.

The next two weeks in January, will be broadcast over.

Enjoy!

Google translations suck.

The VA blog's post:

"The recording for Pokemon episode 109 has ended!
Not only am I playing a human again after a long time, but he's a cool guy, too!

While the recording was stressful, I also had a good time doing it.

The episode(s?) will be broadcast over two weeks in January. We hope you enjoy it!"

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom