• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP108 Title revealed

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
"Riley and Lucario".

Oh yeah.

The voice actor of Riley took a picture of the script and posted it on his blog, which explains the jump in eppy-titles.

EDIT: The proof is Yuu Mizushima's blog, http://yumizushima.blog122.fc2.com/

Last edited:
Riley looks like Aaron (from movie 8). It'll be interesting to see how they manage to design Riley without him looking too much like Aaron. Unless Aura users (assuming Riley is one) are a clan of sorts with similar dress, much like Lance and Clair.

Also, this gives me hope for Marley making an appearance in the anime.

RIOLU FOR ASH!!!!!!1111
I really hope Ash get it
Long ago I said Chimchar will lose to Maylene's Lucario, Monferno will tie with Riley's Lucario and than Infernape beat Cynthia's Lucario
It happened with Maylene... and now we have this episode around the same time Chimchar is supposed to evolve (by figures and such hints that were right for Grotle and 32412 other times before... I don't doubt them anymore... Swinub is also going to evolve around this time)

I hope Ash uses his Aura powers here that'd be great. Riley and Lucario eh? This will be intresting ^^

Here come a big day. Where it is decided if Ash gets a Riolu or not. All I care is that they do some justice in tying him in with Sir Aaron. And/Or bring in Aura, and Ash's purpose with it.

DP108? Did I oversleep something?

Anyway, the link to the blog DOES NOT WORK to me.

But still, I hope it's true...

I once again notice now how good DP in using all the important characters from the games

3 of 5 Elite Four and Champion: Lucian, Cynthia, Aaron... while the other two still didn't appear (and are very likely to appear) they "appeared" the two times we got a "fantasy" scene with all the Elite Four and they even mentioned their names and their type

3 of 5 partners: Cheryl, Mira, Riley... that leave only two more (Marley and Buck) and I'm sure now we'll get them too

The first 3 Gym Leaders got 4 episodes each (for Roark and Maylene - all in a row) and were mentioned in some episodes after that
While Wake and Fantina seems to only get two - I believe we'll see them again and eventually they all will have at least 4

The rival is going it appear soon
Rowan+assistants, all of Galactic members, Cynthia's grandma, new Ranger's hero (and I think other people from the Riolu mission appeared... not sure), the restaurant owners and some other characters who were based on game trainers, Backlot (that how they call Urayama?)
Seems like Lucas is the only really important one that didn't get a proper appearance... but at least we got to see him better than Brendan in that movie introduction (and also Ash kinda has his outfit mixed with the FRLG one)

...I dreaded this day. And I hope Ash does not get Riolu. No, seriously, I don't care what stupid "foreshadowing" you Auramaniacs speak of, but there is not a need for Riolu. Nuh-uh. If anything, I hope Dawn gets it. It'll be a beautiful treason.

RIOLU FOR ASH!!!!!!1111
I really hope Ash get it
Long ago I said Chimchar will lose to Maylene's Lucario, Monferno will tie with Riley's Lucario and than Infernape beat Cynthia's Lucario
It happened with Maylene... and now we have this episode around the same time Chimchar is supposed to evolve (by figures and such hints that were right for Grotle and 32412 other times before... I don't doubt them anymore... Swinub is also going to evolve around this time)

Hurrah! I agree with everything said here.

The VA that the blog listed hasn't done an episode since that Dr. Moroboshi ep in AG (Dubbed as "Where's Armaldo," for those wondering)

Yay, Riley. Hoping for some Movie 8 allusions. Also hoping for Mira to return sometime and for Buck and Marley (the two best tag partners) to appear at some point.

Ash is not going to get Riolu, at least not during this generation. It's common sense. I really wish some people would stop both wishing for Ash to catch Riolu and some people would stop bitching about people who wish for Ash to catch Riolu. And yes, I recognize the hypocricy in that statement. :eek:

Here come a big day. Where it is decided if Ash gets a Riolu or not. All I care is that they do some justice in tying him in with Sir Aaron. And/Or bring in Aura, and Ash's purpose with it.

He's the main character. That's the only reason he has Aura powers. *grumbles*

So, Ash might be getting a Riolu! Still unsure about this. On the one hand, all previous Lucario we've seen aside, a Lucario just seems like the type of Pokemon Ash would have. It would be a solid, reliable addition to his team, and probably very useful.

On the other hand...we've seen a lot of Lucario. They all seem to have the same basic personality; a personality that is already present on Ash's team (in Buizel). Also, the more I think about it, the more I feel that Ash having a Lucario would just be awkward. Ash has never had a pokemon in the Humanshape Egg Group (aside from a Hitmonlee he borrowed and Chimchar), and having him with one just seems...off. Chimchar and it's evolutions are clearly monkeys -- they look, act, and sound like it. Lucario can learn the human language, and even speak it telepathically, and acts much more human-like than Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape. It would be like adding a fourth 'twerp' to the group.

If anything, I hope Dawn gets it. It'll be a beautiful treason.

I actually agree with this somewhat. A Riolu on Dawn's team, however much I dislike her character, would have all the same arguments going for it as it would if Ash got it -- the solid, reliable addition to the team, and general usefulness -- with hardly any of the bad. I personally think Riolu is adorable, so I don't think it would break her theme of 'cute' pokemon (though if Swinub does evolve, it could open up the door for a Riolu evolution as well). Plus, it would give us a chance to see Riolu (and possibly in the future, Lucario) in a whole new light: participating in Contests. This is something we've never seen any Lucario do; all the ones we've seen are pretty much 'all battle, all the time' types. It'll be a nice change of pace, and help to showcase the line in a new light.

If anyone deserves to get Riolu, it's Brock. It hatches from an egg, evolves by happiness, is a strong fighter, and the aura connection would give him more reason to continue travelling with Ash. Just because Ash has supernatural powers doesn't mean he needs a Pokémon with said powers - he isn't really that interested by it.

Remember, Ash already has six Pokémon. He doesn't look likely to get rid of any of them before the league either.

If anyone deserves to get Riolu, it's Brock.

Brock shouldn't get anything more
He already barely use Sudo and Happy

It hatches from an egg

"Pokémon Breeder" in the anime were never related to eggs really
It's more like a "raiser" - he has Poké, take care of them, is knowledge in this whole "take care of Poké" things like make food and what to do when they're sick and so on

evolves by happiness

The anime never really explained anything about that or paid too much attention
If friendship was the thing than Misty's Togepi should have evolved way earlier

is a strong fighter

Since when "strong fighter"=Brock?
Seems more like Ash's kind (see Buizel)

and the aura connection would give him more reason to continue travelling with Ash.

He really doesn't need to stay and even if he will than he can stay with the same reason as always... he doesn't need a special reason to stay with Ash

Just because Ash has supernatural powers doesn't mean he needs a Pokémon with said powers

It also doesn't mean Ash shouldn't get it

he isn't really that interested by it.

Ash sure seemed to like and form a special bond with Riolu and sure was excited by Lucario

Remember, Ash already has six Pokémon. He doesn't look likely to get rid of any of them before the league either.

We can't know that
He can either send someone to Oak or send Riolu itself... there's even the possibility of beginning to change the team more often so we get to see enough of Riolu without completely losing someone else for the whole rest of the saga

I don't say it's impossible for Brock or Dawn to get (and I can see it with Dawn... but much more with Ash) and of course there's also the possibility no one get it
But just like there's this possibility of no-Ash or no one at all - there's also the possibility of Ash getting it

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom